I'll Walk You Home

The Missing Love That He Has To Find

Minji's Pov:

"What?!", my bestfriend asked out in the middle of our chemistry class.

"Shhh. Hyerin, we're in the middle of class", I shushed.

She looked around the both of us and noiced that all of our classmates are actually looking at her.

"O-oh...My bad", she awkwardly laughed,"Sorry, everyone".

She sat back down and looked at me with her angry eyes."She made you do such thing?! Minji, you've worked hard for that money! What about college? We have to transfer as soon as this university closes by the end of the week".

I sighed and shrugged at the question."I don't know, Bess. I just don't know... What college are you going to?", I asked.

"Yeoljeong University", she answered and I suddenly felt dizzy and held my head."Y-yah. Gwaenchanayo?".

I nodded as I massaged my temples."I just felt dizzy all of a sudden".

"It's because you're overworking yourself, Minji. You have to rest".

"How can I? I barely even had some sleep yesterday all because of Kyungmi calling me up to make her a midnight snack", I mumbled.

She face palmed and looked at me gritting her teeth."Can't you just disobey them for once?".

"I can't", I shook my head."They're my only chance to help mom recover from her illness".

"What college are you going to?", she asked.

"I don't know, Hyerin. I don't know...", I sighed,"It's just that... every college is so expensive. I can't afford it all in this state".

"How much do you have right now?", she asked.

"For my school fees, 100,000 won", I answered.

"My gosh, Minji. That's hardly something to handle. We only have a week in this university right now. What university were you planning to enter?".

"I was planning to study at Kyunghee, but it's barely possible right now".

"How much more do you need? Maybe I can help".

"No. I can't let you do that", I told her.

"But, Minji".

"No 'buts'. If I have to work on my own, then I'll have to. I MUST do it myself", I said.

Before we could even talk more about the matter. The teacher banged a book to both of our table."Miss Lee and Yang, I'm asking you to pay attention to the lesson", she told us.

We bowed to her and apologized. She gave us a small smile before returning to the board to explain the formula again.

 

 

Dismissal Time

 

After hours of studying later on, it was time for us to go and I stepped out of the building with Hyerin by my side.

"So, are you going to walk home again?", she asked me and I nodded.

"Aish. Why are they even punishing you for a mistake on their lunch", she hissed as she ruffled her hair.

I chuckled at her reaction and fixed her hair."It's okay, really", I smiled,"I liked walking anyways. It feels kind of refreshing".

"But it's dangerous out their. What if, other people might take advantage on you?".

"I'm going to be fine, Hyerin", I told her.

"M-maybe I should accompany you home".

"No", I told her. I held her shoulder and looked directly into her eyes."I'm going to be fine. I promise", I assured her.

She reluctantly nodded."Fine", she sighed,"Just be careful, okay?".

I nodded and gave her a friendly nudge on the shoulder.

 

We waited minutes later for Hyerin's driver to come. He later came and both of us gave each other our friendly hugs before waving to each other goodbye.

I watched her car moving away and sighed once it was already long gone.

There, I slung my bag and decided to start my walk towards the place where I live. The father of the house is coming back from his business trip today so I have to hurry home to cook dinner for the family.

 

As usual, the walk was pretty silent and I just walked to the house looking around the area for people who might be following me.

So far, nothing has happened and I peacefully passed by a group of guys for a few times now.

Unfortunately....

"Oh, lookie here", I heard a guy laugh."Hey, nerdy girl".

At first, I thought that it wasn't I whom the guy was referring to and I ignored him. But,  I started hearing steps behind me. Are they following me?

"Hey, you. Come here. We want to take a good look at you", the guy called.

I felt scared at the moment and I started walking faster hoping that they would leave me alone.

Sadly, they didn't and they guy stepped in front of me to block my way."I'm talking to you, girl", he told me.

I looked up at him and felt myself tremble."Wh-What do you want?", I asked him.

"Nothing much", he answered,"Just want to check you out".

I looked down and sighed. This guy is a creep and I tried to walk past him when he held onto my arm.

"Just wait a second there", he said. He leaned closer and smiled."You look pretty cute for a nerd, aren't you?".

I stared right at his eyes and he lifted his arms to take my glasses off.

I gasped lowly as he took it off.

"Awww, I was right", the guy beamed at me."You are pretty cute".

I was losing my patience. I have to go home right now. My masters are going to kill me. I reached out for my glasses, but he pulled it back.

"Give it back", I told them.

"Why? You look beautiful".

"I can't see well", I said,"I have to go home now. Give it back". I reached out for it, but he held it higher for me to reach.

"Give it back!", I yelled.

"On one condition", he said.

"What?", I asked still reaching out for it.

"I haven't had any experience with ing a cute nerd yet", he started,"If you want your glasses back, you'll have to do it with me. What do you say? Do we have a deal?".

"Ugh! Give it back!".

"Let me you first, then", he smirked,"Then if my friends want to, give them a try".

"You're freaking sick people!", I screamed. I tried reaching for it once more."Give me back my glasses!".

But he held my wrist tightly and I yelped at the painful grip."Let go!".

"What if I don't want to?", he asked.

"I'll scream", I answered nervously.

"You wouldn't dare".

"Oh, yes I would", I answered back.

"What's going on here?", I suddenly heard from behind me.

I gasped and looked behind me."Bling Bling!", I let out.

 

Jonghyun's Pov:

School's just finished right not and I left the others without a word because I was getting too bored of the topic they're speaking of.

I've been walking for a few minutes now and I was enjoying my quiet time alone. It was so quiet that I am really feeling relaxed than ever.

"You're freaking sick people!", I heard someone yell and my eyes shot open."Give me back my glasses!".

I tried searching for the source of it, but it was kind of hard for now.

"Let go", I heard the girl say again.

Then I heard a guy laugh after that.

"What if I don't want to?", he asked.

It was somewhere by the corner. I knew the guy's voice and decided check on it. Oh, great. He's hitting on a girl again.

"What's going on here?", I asked as I reached the scene.

The girl gasped and looked at me."Bling bling!", he let out.

What? Seriously? Aish! Why call me that?

Now I feel awkward.

But I froze as I stared directly into the girls eyes. She looked... beautiful. Her brown orbs were staring right at mine and I looked right back at her.

I sighed and shook my head away from her hypnotizing eyes to look up at the boys.

"Give her back her glasses, Jungwoo", I told the guy.

He and his friends were trembling from the sight of me. Hah! I bet they still haven't forgotten of what I did to them months ago.

I calmly looked at them and crossed my arms."Give it", I demanded.

They quickly returned the girl's glasses and apologized to her before finally running off.

I shook my head and smiled in success of making them leave her alone.

"Are you okay?", I asked the girl as I approached her.

She smiled and bowed."Thank you so much for helping me", she thanked.

I smiled back."I just did what I had to do", I replied back.

She smiled and wiped her glasses with her uniform before putting it on.

But as she got it on, I felt my heart stop.

"Miss Minji?!", I gasped.

She nodded."Yeah... Bling bling, please close you mouth", she said.

I closed my mouth and shook my head."Sorry. I was so shocked", I started,"You looked different when you didn't have your glasses on. You look...".

"Like a nerdy", she sighed,"I know".

"No", I said,"You looked pretty".

Saying this made her laugh."Oh, come on. I'm not pretty. I'm below average".

"Seriously, you're pretty", I coughed.

"I'm not, okay? Everyone dislikes my looks", she frowned,"Bling Bling, I'm a nerdy".

I coughed more as I choked on my saliva."Stop calling me, Bling bling! Among all the names you could call me, why bling bling?".

"Sorry", she apologized,"I wasn't able to catch your name except for your stage name".

"Whatever. Just so you know, my name is Kim Jonghyun from Yeoljeong University", I said,"Not everyone dislike your looks. That guy who messed with you earlier? He has a for pretty and cute girls. Hitting on you proves it".

She giggled and lowered her head."Yeah, okay. Thanks for helping me. I have to go now. My parents are waiting for me".

She bowed at me with a small smiled and started waking away.

 

Author's POv:

"Wait", Jonghyun called to the girl when she was already steps away from him.

The girl turned to look at him with a questioning look and he caught up to her."I'll walk you home", he told her.

"U-uhmm. No thank you", she replied,"I can walk home myself for now".

"No. Let me walk you home. I'm kind of worried that you'll be bothered on your way their. Let's go. You lead the way", he said.

Minji shook her head at Jonghyun, but Jonghyun insisted and so she ended up on agreeing with him.

Jonghyun smiled and held her wrist."Let's go then", he said and both started to walk.

 

The walk was awkwardly silent and Jonghyun still had his hand on Minji's wrist. Sometime's he would always steal glances on her and would look away when she looks at him.

It was awkward, but it was fun for both for some reason. Minji felt safe while Jonghyun kept feeling his heart raise. He admits it to himself. It was love at first sight of her. Love at first sight on Minji without her glasses.

There was something really different about her that he could sense. He felt like wanting to know more about her.

 

"Uhmm. This is it", Minji said and Jonghyun felt stunned at how her house looked like.

"Whoa!", he let out,"This is your place?".

Minji shook her head."I live here as a personal maid of the master's three daughters", she answered.

"A personal maid?", he asked,"You mean the three mean girls not too long ago?".

Minji sadly nodded.

"Seriously?", Jonghyun asked out,"You  live with those girls? You can survive with them in the same house?".

She nodded again."Although, it may be hard, I had no other choice", she mumbled.

Jonghyun stared at Minji to find tears collecting in her eyes. He felt worried all of a sudden and the atmosphere felt so down.

"Are you okay?", he asked her.

"I-I'm okay", she answered,"I have to go now. My masters will scold me if I don't hurry for dinner".

"Okay", Jonghyun said as he let go of her wrist.

"Thanks for walking me home", she thanked,"I felt so safe".

Jonghyun's smile brightened and he watched her enter the house gates to the main door.

"Annyeong~", Minji waved at him and he waved back.

Minji entered her house and Jonghyun sighed."Oh, boy. I'm in love with her all of a sudden", he sighed leaning himself by the gate.

Minji did the same as well, leaning herself to the door."He's such a gentleman", she thought. Thinking of everything, she started to giggle."But who is that other friend of his? Lee Jinki... Why does that name sound so familiar?".

_____________________________________________________

Updated and sorry for not doing this for so long

Comment and Subscribe

Thank you~