The Wounded Heartbeat

Autumn's Heartbeat


~Prologue~
The Wounded Heartbeat

 

If love and hate are the same word, then is it possible to hate someone you love from the bottom of your heart?


A wounded heartbeat lies in the midst of the autumn rain. Confused, hurt and broken. It used to be one full of emotion, but now it no longer beats as strongly as it did before. What used to be a naive yet kind heart has deteriorated away from existence, and an eternal autumn ravages his heart, wavering between spring's first love and winter's loneliness. He thinks he is alone in his suffering amongst all the umbrellas and faces that surround him but little does he know, that he is in fact just the same as everyone else.


Another heartbeat wanders, close yet distant from where he stands. Unlike his, it beats with excitement and compassion. But it is frail, for once it discovers the truth it will shatter beyond repair. This heartbeat desperately grips onto its dream, using it to fuel its own tempo.


At his side lies two heartbeats, true and loyal to themselves. One beats passionately for another and relishes in its overflowing emotions. It is cleverly hidden, and nobody realizes that it is the liveliest heartbeat of them all. The other trembles at the sight of its surroundings, lost and disoriented in the vast world around them. It fears change and prefers to hide away in its own comfort zone, together with the others.


Far off in the distance, scattered around the wounded heartbeat remains 4 more. They are curious, naive souls filled with youthful passion. A heartbeat dances around, expressing its emotions through fluid movement and another performs for others through a mask. The most innocent heartbeat serenades sweet nothings and the last immerses itself in the grand array of black and white notes.


They see themselves as sole individuals, but fate has a funny way of connecting one to another. One's pain could be another’s graceful solace, while one's happiness might result in another's downfall. But are they enough to bring the wounded heartbeat's eternal autumn to an end?