[Why?]

Unexpected Happenings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           Taehyung woke early. He noticed his waist was squashed under Hoseok's arm who was currently sleeping blissfully. The sun shone through the thin curtains but he wasn't quite sure of the time. The lilac haired male lay quietly as he thought back to how he was even in this position with the person he initially tried to avoid. Was there something wrong with my brain? I don't want to get really close with anyone again! What am I doing?! Taehyung wasn't stupid, he could tell by the alpha's scent that the older is potentially more than another shapeshifter or even friend to him however he didn't want to accept it. What if he was destined to be with someone just as bad as Hansol? Although Hoseok may be the most caring one right now, this was also how it started with Hansol. Taehyung shook his head of all poisoning thoughts. He wasn't going to get anywhere if he continued to think like that and besides, it was too late to pretend - they already shared their first kiss the previous night. He cringed internally at what happened the night before but he was jolted out of his wandering thoughts when the alpha stirred next to him. 

 

           "Morning." Hoseok mumbled while raising an arm to rub at sleep deprived eyes. Taehyung was about to respond when he sensed Namjoon's scent out in the hall. Despite his newly formed friendships with the others, he was quite wary of the lion. The older would always throw glances at him with intimidating eyes and no explanations; he avoided him quite clearly.

           "Taehyung?" Hoseok glanced at the younger, who had been staring blankly at the ceiling motionless since he woke. "Is something wrong? Was it because of last night? Oh crap I'm really sorry Tae I just -- " 

           "No no, don't worry Hoseok, I was just daydreaming, nothing about before."

           "So, last night wasn't like a .. spur of the moment kind of thing?"

           "N-no"

           "You stuttered. What is it?"

He was about to say it was nothing but the elder threw him an all knowing look that screamed I dare you to lie.

           "I've just been thinking, you're an alpha and I'm only a ... cat." He glanced down, unsure of how to word his concerns. Honestly, he was ashamed of what he was. He clasped his hands together, twirling his thumbs around the other.

           "Tae. I don't care what you are okay? All I know is that... I can't turn back now. You're .."

"...My mate"

Taehyung could already hear the words about to fall from the elder's lips but he just didn't want to hear it. Not now when his mind was just a jumbled and fuzzy mess. And so he took the oppurtunity to shift right there, right then, his small and petite frame disappearing swiftly under the covers before Hoseok could grab him. He tumbled out subtly when the other was looking elsewhere, questions tumbling out of his curious and concerned mouth. Before he could make himself seen, he made a run for it to the already slightly ajar door, hoping he wouldn't bump into any of the others on the way out. 

 

           Hoseok, still in the room, could be heard yelling for Taehyung but he had already made his way to the stairs, jumping down one at a time. He silently cursed himself for being what he was, especially at a time like this where he wished he had longe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter