[I'll Be Your Friend]

Unexpected Happenings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           "Taehyung? Taehyung open up! What did I do?!"

           Hoseok banged on the door in hopes of getting the other to respond. He honestly didn't have the slightest clue in what had just happened. One minute they were chatting comfortably and the next, Taehyung was in an ocean of his own tears as he ran away from the elder. What went wrong? He thought back several minutes in a futile attempt at trying to figure out the point at which hell let loose. Nothing. His mind pulled up blank as the only thing he managed to recall was him asking where Taehyung's home was. All he did was ask a harmless question, right? Despite his efforts, he only recieved silence from the younger male seated on the other side of the wooden door that separated them.  

 

           "Taehyung open the door or I'll be sad! You don't want that to happen, do you?!" He frowned and mentally facepalmed himself. What was he saying? The younger barely knows him and most likely doesn't even care whether or not he was upset. As expected, it didn't work anyway.

 

           The brunet racked his brain for ideas on how to lure Taehyung out as he was once again met with silence, the odd muffled sob from the other side making itself audible. If plain talking wasn't going to work, surely food would. Food was his solution for everything and it seemed to work for all else so far. 

 

           Hoseok abandoned his place on the floor by the door in favour of the kitchen. Their fridge really was empty. Damn it! Hoseok only hoped there was at least something sweet left somewhere in there. He let his eyes fall on every shelf until he came across a tub situated right at the bottom of the freezer. His features lit up considerably as he grabbed at it and made a run back to the guest room, not even glancing at the object in his hands. It was only when Hoseok sat back down on the floor did he see what he had mindlessly grabbed. Strawberry ice cream. He shrugged his shoulders, giving it a try. It was worth a shot and besides, he needed to get Taehyung out before Seokjin and the others came back. He didn't want Seokjin to find out the younger had been crying and he most definitely didn't want him to think Hoseok was to blame. 

 

           "Taehyung? When was the last time you ate something? You must be hungry right?" Hoseok knocked at the door timidly, his voice no more than a whisper. He heard shuffling from the other side - the alpha seemed to be getting somewhere. 

           "I'm starving."

           "Oh good! No wait, uh I mean ... that's not good. Uhm I have strawberry ice cream, would you like some?" Hoseok cringed at his stupid ramblings, thinking the younger would surely never come out now.

 

--

 

           Taehyung thought to himself in his crouched position. The elder offered strawberry ice cream. That was his absolute favourite but he wasn't ready to face the elder yet. He didn't want to explain himself just so he could spare his emotional wounds from opening up again. Taehyung especially didn't wan't the alpha's sympathy - that was the last thing he wanted. After a moment of silence, he heard clinking on the other side. The brunet must've gotten some spoons and it sounded as if he was eating it already. Was he eating it without him?! Unbelievable. Taehyung got up and turned the door handle, poking his head out just in time to see Hoseok tense up as a mini brain freeze overtook him. He felt his lips twitch as he felt the urge to laugh at the elder. 

 

--

 

Hoseok had taken a way-to-large spoonful of ice cream. He clenched his eyes shut as he willed the coldness to leave his body. Although his mouth was still freezing, he shot his eyes open when he heard the door infront of him creaking open, a fluffy head of hair peeking out. The two stared at one another for a moment with wide eyes like lost puppies, both unsure of what to do with the current situation.  

 

           "Want some?" Hoseok offered a spoon as he pushed the tub towards the younger. Taehyung hesitantly took hold of the spoon before crawling out awkwardly due to his wounds to sit by Hoseok. Taehyung whispered a hushed "Thank you" but it was so quiet he wasn't sure if it reached the elder's ears. He shrugged it off as the two sat cross-legged on the floor and shared the now slightly melted ice cream. Ten minutes had passed by in an awkward silence filled with Taehyung scoffing down the ice cream and Hoseok watching the other intently. The lilac-haired boy could practically feel the alpha's eyes on him and it made him slow down his eating.

 

           "W-what..?" Taehyung glanced up at the other through his hair, hoping he had a good reason for staring.

           "Taehyung, d-did I say something wrong earlier..? If I did, I'm so so sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was upset you, really. And whatever the problem is, you don't have to tell me if you feel uncomfortable with it. I guess I'm the type to help others and when I see your wounds and the pained look reflecting from your eyes, I can't supress the need to look after you. I won't go anywhere Taehyung, I'll be here if you need someone and I'm definitely not an axe murderer if that's what your thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter