[Flashback]

Unexpected Happenings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter will explain what happened to Taehyung and his past before Hoseok and Jimin found him to avoid confusion.

 

[5 years ago]

 

           16 year old Hansol visited an animal shelter in hopes of finding a trustworthy companion. He happily set his eyes on a small kitten who didn't seem to fit in with the other animals and had decided he wanted that one. He originally thought Taehyung was a regular house cat and so he brought him home to take on the role as his new pet. Much to his surprise, Taehyung turned out to be more than he had bargained for when he witnessed the cat's first transformation within his new surroundings after the first week. Hansol woke early one morning only to see not his kitten curled up on his bed sheets, but a small male who had fallen awkwardly off the single bed. Hansol screeched, pointing an accusing finger at the so-called intruder, mouth gaping open. Taehyung stood up from the floor of Hansol's bedroom, body stiff from years of staying as a cat; he flexed his arms and legs a bit before testing his voice. "Morning Hansol!" He beamed at his owner who could only reply with a broken sentence. "W-what...? Please explain yourself! Where is my kitten?!" 

 

           "I'm your kitten, Hansol. Me, Taehyung. I'm a shapeshifter."

 

 

--

 

           Taehyung had been living in an animal shelter as his animal self since the age of 6 and now at 12 years old, he had his first transformation back into a boy since what seemed to be a forever ago. With a more advanced mind than the average being due to some freakish abilities, Taehyung didn't miss out on education at all, (clearly mature beyond his age and appearance) picking up and self teaching himself all he needed to know and more when he was younger. 

 

 

           Hansol didn't freak out as much as Taehyung thought he would when he learned his cat was actually a boy (after the morning incident had died down) infact, he was more excited than anything. He graciously accepted Taehyung as a pet but as a younger brother too. He was so curious and intrigued by the younger. After chatting and growing close throughout most of the day, Taehyung had placed his trust in the elder and had explained all he had been through, starting with the absence of his parents to why he was in an animal shelter to begin with.

 

 

           At the age of 6, he was in a car crash with the both of his parents. he didn't know what to do and had only managed to escape when he transformed into a kitten and crawled out through a window. He had no idea if his parents made it out. Someone had found him and put him forward to the shelter. The only thing etched in his mind was the fire. The fire which blazed brightly like the sun. So beautiful yet it was the cause of his pain.

 

 

 

 

 

[Present] 

(Several months before Taehyung was found in the woods)

 

           Taehyung, now 17, had taken on the form of a small ball of white fur. Despite growing rapidly as a human, his kitten self had remained the same. He crept throught the back door of Hansol's apartment in hopes of finding his food bowl for he was feeling slightly peckish. Hansol had moved out a couple of months back for university and requested Taehyung go with him. He looked up to see Hansol approaching him, before he picked him up gently and began him. Taehyung leaned into the touch happily, a few soft purrs slipping from his small kitten mouth as he was carried through the hall and into the spacious living room.

 

 

           Hansol was always so amiable and affectionate towards him. Even when he was in human form, his owner would treat him like a younger brother instead and Taehyung cherished their relationship that they had formed after many years so dearly. He didn't love anyone else more than his owner and brother - he was sure of it and there was no doubt in his mind. His owner who always looked at him with the kindest of smiles and the warmest embraces.

 

--

 

           On days when Hansol would come home from university late, Taehyung would do his best at cooking for his beloved owner. He always ended up pouting at the fact that the dishes never came out quite right but Hansol was always there to comfort him. He ruffled his hair saying, 

           "It's okay Taehyung." when he came home to a kitchen almost on fire once.

           "You're not mad?"

           Taehyung's soft cat ears were pressed flat against his head. He was half transformed, a habit he would always do unconciously - still in the form of a boy but with fluffy kitten ears and a tail.

           "I would never be mad at you. You tried and that's all that matters."

 

--

 

"Buy me this!" Taehyung glanced adorably up at his owner who had taken him with him to do some grocery shopping. He motioned to the strawberry ice cream sat in the freezer. It was just begging to be bought, he thought cheerily to himself.

"I spoil yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter