Suho/Zitao

Jealousy and Junmyeon

a/n: Zitao asks Junmyeon to treat his wounds.

Drabble 1

“Good morning Junmyeon.”

“Good morning Tao,” Junmyeon responded, his eyes concentrated on the plate he was scrubbing. He stiffened in surprise and nearly dropped the plate and the scrubber when he felt a warm pair of arms circle him from behind. “What are you doing?”

“I can’t get a hug from my favorite hyung?” Tao asked, a whiny tinge to his voice.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes. “Not when this favorite hyung is washing the dishes,” Junmyeon said firmly. “Off.” He patted Tao’s hands and let out a small sigh of relief when Tao finally let go. Some days, Tao was like a leech, and it was impossible to get him off no matter how much Junmyeon coaxed or pleaded.

“Have you eaten breakfast yet, hyung?” There was the sound of a chair scraping back from the kitchen table as Junmyeon turned the water back on in the sink to rinse the suds away from his plate.

“Yes, I already ate breakfast with the others. You’re the last one to get up today, Tao.”

“Where is everyone anyways?”

“Work, errands, the like,” Junmyeon said, waving his hand dismissively and flicking water all over the kitchen countertop. He grabbed a hand towel to wipe the mess up while Tao laughed at his clumsiness.

“Hey hyung?”

“Yes, Tao?” Junmyeon smiled good-naturedly and turned around to face him and gasped in surprise. “Tao! Are you alright?” Tao was sitting at the edge of his seat and rubbing at his shoulder with a pained expression.                                                                                                              

“The wounds from the dispute we had with Shinee last week are still healing,” Tao grumbled, wincingly softly as he gingerly settled back into his seat.

“Still? But you said that you only had some minor bruising.” Junmyeon frowned in concern and came to stand beside Tao, resting a light hand on his shoulder. “Did you see Yixing about it?”

“No, I should be alright,” Tao said quickly. “It’s just sore, that’s all.”

“Hm.” Junmyeon gave him a suspicious look, but let it slide. “Hurry up and eat so that I can finish washing the dishes, Tao.”

“Sorry,” Tao mumbled, hastily pulling a clean plate forward and dumping some food on to it. “What do you have to do today?”

“I don’t have much to do. I was supposed to go with Minseok and settle the dispute with Shinee today, but he ended up taking Jongin with him instead.”

Tao hummed thoughtfully and swallowed the last of his food. “So then you’re free all day today?”

“I guess so. Why?” Junmyeon took Tao’s plate from the table and turned the sink faucet on, unaware that Tao was silently slinking towards him.

Junmyeon gasped and nearly dropped the plate when he suddenly felt Tao’s warmth at his back, crowding him forward against the kitchen counter. “Tao?”

“Would you like to spend the day with me, hyung?” Tao murmured lowly into Junmyeon’s ear, and Junmyeon fought to keep the shiver that threatened to climb up his spine.

“Tao, I—I don’t really…um…” Junmyeon stuttered and clutched at the plate in his hands, a dark blush rising in his cheeks.

“You could my wounds, hyung, to help me heal faster,” Tao rumbled, an undercurrent of slight amusement running through his tone.

Junmyeon’s eyes widened in shock. Normally, only mates each other’s wounds clean because it was such an intimate act, and he and Tao were nowhere near any approximation of a mated pair.

A cool voice cut through his inner turmoil. “Tao, are you harassing Junmyeon again?”

Junmyeon let out a small sigh of relief when the warmth at his back vanished, and he turned around to see Kyungsoo give Tao a mocking stare.

“I was doing no such thing,” Tao said defensively, and Junmyeon blinked in surprise when he saw how stiffly Tao’s shoulders were set. Had something happened between Tao and Kyungsoo that he didn’t know about?

“Look at his body language. He was obviously uncomfortable with you being so close in his space. Whatever you were saying probably wasn’t helping either,” Kyungsoo said coolly, his gaze sliding to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon hastily dropped his gaze to Kyungsoo’s ankles, his cheeks turning a faint shade of pink. He always felt awkward holding eye contact with Kyungsoo; it made his stomach twist and turn with anxiety because he could never quite tell what Kyungsoo was thinking. Even though he’d been Exo for nearly a year now, he still felt uncomfortable around the younger wolf. He also admired that even Kyungsoo had one of the smallest statures in Exo, he still held an air of authority about him that kept the rest of the pack from encroaching on his space most of the time.

“It’s none of your business, Kyungsoo,” Tao snapped.

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at him. “Isn’t it?”

Junmyeon frowned. There was definitely something that he was missing out on. Maybe Kyungsoo and Tao had had a fight recently…but he would’ve heard about it. It was hard to keep secrets in their house.

“It’s fine, Kyungsoo,” Junmyeon said quickly, before Tao could speak again. “I’m alright.”

“You should defend yourself better,” Kyungsoo frowned at him, and Junmyeon flushed red in shame. “And Tao—lay off.” There was no denying the ring of authority in his voice, and Junmyeon watched as Tao slunk out of the kitchen, mumbling something under his breath.

When Tao was gone, Junmyeon looked back at Kyungsoo. “Thank you.”

“It’s no problem,” Kyungsoo said shortly. He walked over to the fruit basket sitting on the counter and pulled a banana off of a bunch. “You should hold more authority when you speak with Tao, though. Otherwise, he won’t know when he oversteps his bounds.”

Junmyeon blushed as he remembered just what Tao had asked him to do. “I’ll try harder.”

Kyungsoo snorted and left the room without another word. Junmyeon stood in the kitchen, his shoulders slumped.

He admired Kyungsoo a lot. Not only for the air of authority that he held, but for all the other qualities that he had as well—Kyungsoo was a very caring person underneath his icy exterior, and somehow or another, he would end up taking care of everyone in the pack by cooking food, cleaning, or offering support. Junmyeon’s feelings went beyond simple admiration—he was in love with Kyungsoo, in love with everything about Kyungsoo. And to have Kyungsoo treat him so coldly…

Junmyeon clutched at his chest and closed his eyes, trying to soothe the ache in his heart.