Suho/Kyungsoo~

Jealousy and Junmyeon

a/n: Junmyeon gets caught with chocolate molds.

Drabble 8

“Junmyeon?” A warm arm draped itself carelessly over his shoulder.

Junmyeon shrieked with surprise, and Baekhyun winced as the scream pierced through the tranquil air of the house.

“Baekhyun?” Junmyeon blinked rapidly. “What?”

“Why are you so twitchy today?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t sleep well. Or something.”  Junmyeon fidgeted nervously, and Baekhyun stared at him in confusion.

“Or something,” Baekhyun repeated slowly. “Right.”

Junmyeon nodded and gave Baekhyun a weak smile. “Did you need something?”

“Did Jongdae pull a scary prank on you or something?” Baekhyun frowned; something very, very weird was going on.

“No, he hasn’t.” Junmyeon slowly began to regain his composure, and the rate of his blinking began to slow down. “I’m perfectly fine, Baekhyun. You just startled me.”

Baekhyun gave him a look. “You know that if something’s bothering you, you can tell me okay?”

“I will.” Junmyeon gave him a thin smile, and Baekhyun sighed through his nose. “Now, what did you need?”

“Well, today is Valentines’ Day, right?” Baekhyun frowned when Junmyeon started blinking faster again. “Junmyeon, are you sure you’re alright?”

“I’m fine!” Junmyeon snapped at him, although a faint flush had crept up on to his cheeks. “What were you saying?”

“I was just going to say that I was a little disappointed that Chanyeol said that he hasn’t written a love song for Valentines’ Day this year,” Baekhyun said, his eyes narrowed with suspicion. Every year, Chanyeol would make up a parody of a love song and sing it in the evening for the pack’s entertainment; but while this was disappointing, Junmyeon’s strange behavior was starting to put him on edge. “Look, Junmyeon, whatever you say, you’re not fine. Did Zitao try and do something to you again?”

Inexplicably, Junmyeon’s eyes softened and he stopped twitching, although he did remain flushed. “No. Zitao hasn’t been untoward ever since Kyungsoo told him off a few months ago.”

“Kyungsoo told him off?” Baekhyun frowned. “Zitao never mentioned it.”

“It seemed very hush-hush,” Junmyeon admitted quietly. “But yes, Kyungsoo told Zitao off a while ago.”

“So then what’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked in exasperation. “Why won’t you—“ Baekhyun looked past Junmyeon’s shoulder and froze in surprise.

“Why won’t I what?” Junmyeon asked nervously, shifting slightly away from Baekhyun’s arm.

“Is that chocolate? Are you making valentine chocolates?” Baekhyun asked, his eyes wide in disbelief.

The blush grew stronger on Junmyeon’s face. “Maybe?”

“Who’re they for? Are they for someone outside of the pack?” Jealousy thickened Baekhyun’s voice, and Junmyeon shrank back against kitchen counter.

“No,” he muttered. “They’re not.”

“Wait, so they’re for someone in the pack?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “I didn’t know that you had your sights set on someone.”

“I…” Junmyeon trailed off. “I didn’t want anyone to know.”

“Clearly,” Baekhyun snorted. “Seriously, who’re these for Junmyeon?”

“I don’t—I mean, I’m not—” Junmyeon stuttered nervously, his hands shaking as he avoided Baekhyun’s gaze. He knew that various members of the pack had taken an interest in him, but Baekhyun had never expressed any such interest and probably wouldn’t care too much that Junmyeon hadn’t chosen him, but still…

“Is everything okay down here? I heard Junmyeon scream.” Junmyeon’s head snapped up and he gaped at Kyungsoo, who was standing in entrance to the kitchen.

“Everything’s fine, why wouldn’t it be?” Baekhyun asked huffily, annoyed that Kyungsoo had interrupted their conversation.

“Like I said, I heard Junmyeon scream,” Kyungsoo said coolly, stepping into the kitchen. “Don’t you have better things to do than bother Junmyeon?”

“I’m not bothering him,” Baekhyun said angrily. “Why do you always have to get so protective of Junmyeon?”

“Look at him, he’s shaking,” Kyungsoo snapped back. “I think you should get out of his space.”

“Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, stop it!” Junmyeon snapped suddenly. “You two don’t need to fight about this.”

Baekhyun gave Kyungsoo a glare. “We’ll finish our conversation later, Junmyeon,” he snapped. He didn’t think he could last another second standing in the kitchen without transforming into his wolf out of sheer rage. He stormed out of the kitchen and headed out of the house  run off his frustration.

After Baekhyun stormed out, Kyungsoo drifted closer to Junmyeon. “Are you alright?”

Junmyeon braved himself to look Kyungsoo in the eye. “Yes. Also…um, Baekhyun really wasn’t bothering me,” he mumbled.

“Then why didn’t you just say so?”

“I don’t like getting in between the two of you when you fight.”

Kyungsoo sighed. “You need to stand up for yourself more.”

“Even against you?” Junmyeon fiddled with his fingers shyly.

“Especially against me,” Kyungsoo chuckled, and Junmyeon’s face bloomed into a smile.

“So what’re you making?” Kyungsoo asked, trying to peer around Junmyeon’s body, and the smile instantly dropped from Junmyeon’s face.

“N-nothing!” Junmyeon hastily backed up against the counter so that Kyungsoo couldn’t see. “Absolutely nothing!”

“Are those chocolate molds?” Kyungsoo frowned when he caught a glimpse of rubber behind Junmyeon’s elbow. “Junmyeon—are you making valentine chocolates?”

Junmyeon squeaked in mortification.

Kyungsoo’s expression suddenly shuttered off. “Oh. You are, aren’t you?”

Junmyeon could barely breathe, much less nod his head. Nevertheless, Kyungsoo took his silence as an affirmative.

“I’m so sorry—oh, I hope I wasn’t interrupting your passing them on to Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo tried to keep the hurt out of his voice, but he wasn’t entirely sure that he had succeeded. After all, what was he expecting? He was always so harsh with Junmyeon, while Baekhyun always coddled him. Of course Junmyeon would choose Baekhyun.

Junmyeon was stunned into speech. “What?”

“Baekhyun. Were you trying to give Baekhyun the chocolate just now?”

“What?” Junmyeon repeated again, dumbfounded. Could it be—could it be that Kyungsoo actually had no idea that he was in love with him?

“I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo repeated, and turned away, struggling to keep his face composed. “I’ll just—head back upstairs.”

“No, wait!” Junmyeon reached out and caught Kyungsoo’s sleeve. “Wait a second.”

“What is it?” Kyungsoo paused, his heart racing at the feeling of Junmyeon’s hand on his arm.

“The chocolate isn’t for Baekhyun.” Junmyeon took a deep breath. “It’s for—it’s for you.”

Kyungsoo blinked. “…Is this a dream?”

“No?” Junmyeon said uncertainly. This definitely wasn’t the reaction he was expecting from Kyungsoo; if anything, he’d been expecting a cold rejection.

“The chocolate is for me,” Kyungsoo repeated dazedly.

“Yes,” Junmyeon said quietly, his eyebrows wrinkled in confusion. Why hadn’t Kyungsoo flat-out rejected him yet? “I was packaging it up just now.”

Kyungsoo turned around, and Junmyeon let his hand drop from his arm. He flinched in surprise when Kyungsoo reached out and grabbed his hand, firmly intertwining their fingers.

“Junmyeon.”

“Yes?” Junmyeon looked Kyungsoo in the eye and viciously tamped down the little flutter of hope starting to spring up in his heart.

“I’m in love with you,” Kyungsoo said seriously.

Junmyeon’s jaw dropped. “…Is this a dream?” he wondered aloud.

Kyungsoo chuckled. “No, it isn’t.” He squeezed Junmyeon’s hand reassuringly. “I love you.”

“I’m—I—I love you too,” Junmyeon stuttered back, nervously hanging on to Kyungsoo’s hand. “A lot.”

“I want to be your mate,” Kyungsoo said simply. “Would you…do you want the same?”

“Yes!” Junmyeon blurted out. “I mean…yes.”

Kyungsoo started laughing, and Junmyeon couldn’t help laughing with him.

Five minutes later, Chanyeol came into the kitchen looking for Baekhyun. “Baek!” he called out as he rounded the corner. “Baek, I just came up with—whoa, okay.”

Kyungsoo and Junmyeon pulled apart from each other with a wet sound. Junmyeon gave Chanyeol a slightly guilty, mostly dazed look from his perch on the kitchen counter. “What did you say, Chanyeol?”

Kyungsoo looked over his shoulder and gave Chanyeol a glare. Chanyeol shivered and high-tailed it out of the kitchen without another sound.

Junmyeon gazed after him in confusion. “…What was that about?”

“I’m sure it was nothing,” Kyungsoo said smoothly, turning his head to face Junmyeon, and he pulled the love of his life down for another kiss.

The End

a/n: So! I just want to throw heartus at the creator of this lovely fightclub prompt~ It was so lovely, and I'm sorry that I didn't do a very good job with it T__T Nevertheless, I hope that you still liked it! Thank you all for reading and for supporting me <3