Suho/Yixing

Jealousy and Junmyeon

a/n: Yixing tries to teach Junmyeon how to play the guitar...and Kyungsoo gets jealous. Again.

Drabble 5

“Junmyeon?” Kyungsoo poked his head into the kitchen and frowned when he was greeted with resounding silence. He knew that Junmyeon was home; his shoes were still in the hallway and his coat was hanging in the closet. Kyungsoo wanted Junmyeon to help him with dinner, but where was he?

Kyungsoo sighed and headed for the stairs. Maybe Junmyeon was in his room, or was hanging out with someone else. He knew that Yixing, Jongin and Minseok were home. Although honestly, he hoped that Junmyeon was on his own because he didn’t want to have to brave fighting the rest of the pack for Junmyeon’s attention…

The faint sounds of a guitar twanging sounded from upstairs. Kyungsoo paused at the foot of the stairs and then started climbing up. Maybe Yixing would know where Junmyeon was, although it might be better not to bother him given how out of tune the playing was. Yixing only ever played badly when he was upset or drunk, and he would be useless to Kyungsoo in either state of mind.

Nevertheless, Kyungsoo climbed the stairs and pushed Yixing’s door open, a wary expression on his face. His look of caution changed to one of surprise when he saw the scene inside of Yixing’s room.

It wasn’t Yixing playing the guitar, but Junmyeon. As a matter of fact, Junmyeon was sitting between Yixing’s legs, practically in his lap, while Yixing was Junmyeon just exactly where to place his fingers on the string.

Junmyeon was too busy concentrating on putting his fingers exactly where Yixing was showing him, but Kyungsoo knew what was going on. He cleared his throat from the doorway, and took great satisfaction when Yixing flinched and nearly knocked the guitar out of Junmyeon’s hands.

“Kyungsoo!” Junmyeon smiled at him from his place in Yixing’s arms. “Do you need something?”

Yixing gave him a sheepish smile from behind Junmyeon’s head and slowly lowered his hands away from Junmyeon.

Kyungsoo just smiled pleasantly. “Junmyeon, could you help me with dinner please?”

“Oh!” Junmyeon looked surprised for a few moments, and then carefully set the guitar down beside Yixing. “Of course. Just let me go wash my hands.”

“Thanks.” Kyungsoo waited for Junmyeon to get to his feet. Once Junmyeon had passed him in the doorway, Kyungsoo turned back to give Yixing one final, quelling glare before following Junmyeon downstairs.

“Kyungsoo?” Junmyeon asked hesitantly.

“Yes?” Kyungsoo withdrew from his haze of jealousy and irritation.

“Are you alright? You seem…tense.” Junmyeon bit his lip anxiously; he could smell Kyungsoo’s annoyance rolling off of his body in waves.

“I’m fine. Just—I’m fine.” Kyungsoo sighed and forced himself to relax. Junmyeon could probably tell that he was annoyed, and he didn’t want Junmyeon to think that that annoyance was directed at him. “What should we make for dinner today?’

“You asked me to help you with dinner before knowing whether or not you needed help?” Junmyeon blinked in surprise.

“I just wanted to spend some time with you,” Kyungsoo admitted, masking his anxiety with a smooth mask of indifference. “Is that alright?”

“Oh, it’s more than alright!” Junmyeon said quickly. “I just—It came as a surprise. You usually plan things out.”

“Well, not this time.” Kyungsoo walked past Junmyeon to peer into their refrigerator. “What can we make with these leftovers…”