Suho/Chanyeol

Jealousy and Junmyeon

a/n: Junmyeon and Chanyeol manage to attract Kyungsoo's attention.

Drabble 2

Junmyeon laughed and leaned against Chanyeol’s arm in contentment. Minseok had decided to take everyone out to a small family diner that night for some “pack bonding time” after all of the tension and anxiety that had been hanging around the house from their conflict with Shinee. He felt happy and full from all of the food he’d eaten, and he nuzzled slightly into the warmth of Chanyeol’s arm.

Chanyeol chuckled, and Junmyeon hummed slightly when he felt Chanyeol’s entire body rumble beneath his cheek. “Are you sleepy?”

“Yeah, a little bit.” Junmyeon hid a yawn behind his hand as he watched Kyungsoo and Minseok laughing at joke from across the table.

“Open up!”

Junmyeon blinked in surprise when he realized that Chanyeol was holding a clump of rice in his chopsticks. He obediently sat up and let Chanyeol feed him the food, unaware of the rest of the pack watching them from the corner of their eyes.

“Is it good?” Chanyeol clacked his chopsticks expectantly.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes. “Chanyeol, it’s rice. It’s fine.”

“Just checking.” Chanyeol chuckled nervously, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. He lifted up another clump of rice to Junmyeon’s mouth and Junmyeon opened his lips to receive it.

They both flinched when Kyungsoo suddenly reached across the table and slapped the chopsticks out of Chanyeol’s hands. “Junmyeon is a grown wolf. He can feed himself,” Kyungsoo said coldly, and Junmyeon shrank back from the irritation sparking in Kyungsoo’s eyes.

Junmyeon looked down at the table, a sinking feeling building up in his gut. Any lazy contentment he had felt earlier had vanished with the clatter of Chanyeol’s chopsticks; Kyungsoo was angry with him, and there was nothing he could do about it. Junmyeon wasn’t entirely sure why Kyungsoo was so worked up, but it still hurt.

Junmyeon’s eyes were glued so determinedly to the wooden table that he entirely missed the stormy glare Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol, and the knowing smirk that Chanyeol responded with. Minseok gently pushed Kyungsoo’s shoulder, and the tension of the moment was gone, the rest of the pack letting out an inaudible sigh of relief.

Junmyeon didn’t eat for the rest of the night, and long after the rest of the pack had gone to their beds to retire for the night, Junmyeon sat in the living room and contemplated about why Kyungsoo had gotten so angry. Even after hours of thinking, Junmyeon couldn’t come up with an explanation, and he finally slunk off to his bedroom with a heavy heart.