Suho/Jongdae

Jealousy and Junmyeon

a/n: Minseok gets drunk and Jongdae is a little .

Drabble 7

“Happy new year!” Minseok shrieked at the sky.

Junmyeon laughed behind him and waved a sparkler through the air. “Happy New Year Minseok!”

Minseok plucked the sparkler out of Junmyeon’s hand and handed it to Yixing who was laughing off to the side with Baekhyun. He turned back to Junmyeon, who pouted sadly at him for stealing his sparkler, and then squeaked with surprise when Minseok swept him clean off his feet.

“Minseok! Put me down!” Junmyeon laughed and pushed at Minseok’s chest playfully. “You must be so drunk right now.”

“I’m not drunk,” Minseok protested, spinning Junmyeon around in circles. “Happy New Year, Junmyeon.”

“Happy New Year Minseok.” Junmyeon smiled up at his alpha, and then closed his eyes abruptly when a wave of dizziness hit him. “Alright, stop spinning me around I’m going to be sick.” He whacked Minseok’s arm more firmly, and Minseok reluctantly set him back on his feet.

Junmyeon caught Minseok’s arm when he staggered. “Are you sure you’re not drunk?”

“’M not drunk,” Minseok mumbled. “I’m…”

“He’s drunk,” Yixing pronounced solemnly from behind Junmyeon. “Happy New Year Jun.” He leaned and squeezed Junmyeon’s shoulders. “Let me take this fool off of your hands.”

“I’m not a foooool,” Minseok whined blearily even as he leaned heavily into Yixing’s embrace. Junmyeon’s eyebrows furrowed in worry and he opened his mouth to suggest that Yixing take Minseok up to his room when a gentle tap landed on his shoulder. Junmyeon turned around and nearly fell over when Baekhyun and Zitao launched themselves onto his tiny body at the same time.

“Happy New Year Junmyeon!” they chorused, their faces flushed as they drew back to stare expectantly at Junmyeon.

“Happy New Year you hooligans,” Junmyeon grunted, his knees finally giving in to their combined weights, and the three of them fell to the ground.

“Hey, you two cut it out,” a firm voice called out, and Junmyeon found himself getting helped to his feet by none other than Kyungsoo. “What if he’d gotten hurt?”

Junmyeon was unsurprised when Baekhyun just gave Kyungsoo a cheeky wink and went off to tackle someone else while Zitao slunk off into the shadows.

“Happy New Year Junmyeon.”

“Happy New Year Kyungsoo.” Junmyeon smiled softly at Kyungsoo. “Thanks for taking care of me.”

Rather than scolding Junmyeon, as he’d been expecting, Kyungsoo just gently ruffled his hair. Junmyeon blinked in surprise, and then flushed when Kyungsoo took a step closer to him.

“Kyungsoo?” Junmyeon looked at Kyungsoo cautiously. “Is everything okay?” Kyungsoo was so close that they were nearly toe-to-toe, and Junmyeon’s heartrate shot up at their close proximity.

“Junmyeon,” Kyungsoo murmured softly. Junmyeon looked at Kyungsoo’s eyes, and realized that Kyungsoo wasn’t looking back at his eyes—instead, Kyungsoo was looking lower down at his face. Junmyeon wet his lips nervously with the tip of his tongue, and nearly flinched in shock when he realized that Kyungsoo’s eyes were trained quite intently on his mouth.

“Junmyeon!” A loud voice shrieked from the right, and a warm body crashed into his side. The intense moment that he’d been having with Kyungsoo was completely destroyed as Jongdae lifted him into his arms and began to carry him away.

“Jongdae—Jongdae, what are you doing?”

“Happy New Year Junmyeon!” Jongdae beamed happily at him and set him down on the edge of the patio.

Junmyeon sighed through his nose. He could never resist Jongdae’s adorable smile, but he was definitely disappointed that whatever that strange, strange moment with Kyungsoo had been, was broken. He gave Jongdae an appropriate New Year’s greeting, and then glanced back to where Kyungsoo was standing. He was surprised to see Kyungsoo standing quietly, watching him with an unreadable expression on his face.

They both flinched and hastily looked away when they made eye contact. Junmyeon was saved from thinking about it too much when Sehun accosted him and insisted on carrying him up to his room. Kyungsoo was not so lucky, and was left to brood on his failure to kiss Junmyeon New Year’s Day.