Introduction

Jealousy and Junmyeon

a/n: So, this is a drabble series. I know that you asked for everyone vying for Junmyeon's attention, but--life kicked my to the ground for the past five months, and I"m still struggling to pick myself up after everything that's happened. I tried my best to fill this prompt, and I'm very sorry if it's not what you wanted T__T I also apologize for my lateness!

 

Some notes about the story: So this is the background chapter :) These drabbles don't happen on a consistent time scheme; some happen on the same day as each other, while others happen months apart. Feel free to leave questions in the comments if something doesn't make sense.

 

Introduction

It was a regular morning in the house of Exo, a wolf pack of ten headed by the alpha, Minseok. The sun shone brightly on the pine wood surrounding the two-story house, and the wolves within went about their morning rituals without disturbing one another.

The only thing that could be considered out of place was one Kim Junmyeon—but he couldn’t really be considered out of the ordinary. Junmyeon had been living with Exo for nearly a year now after his pack had exchanged him for Exo’s now-former members Wu Yifan and Xiao Lu.

For a long time, everyone had wondered why Exo had accepted the trade. Kim Junmyeon didn’t seem worth the trade for both Yifan, the best diplomat of the pack, and Luhan, who had a shrew eye for strategy. The questions had faded away after the first territorial conflict after Junmyeon’s arrival though; there was no question that Junmyeon was both a superb fighter and negotiator.

And yet, even though Junmyeon was one of the oldest members of Exo, and one of the best fighters, Exo treated Junmyeon like the youngest member of the pack. They were always going out of their way to do things for him, to buy things for him, and got unnecessarily protective if anyone outside of the pack so much as looked in his general direction. Perhaps it was how short Junmyeon was, or how fragile he looked with his pale skin and penchant for dark clothing. Or maybe Junmyeon was simply a very lovable person—but no one outside of Exo would ever know, because no one could get close to him.