Meet the surprise (JongKey pt.1)

Love of the unloved

Jonghyun sighed still following Amber through town, hoping they’d be home soon, but also thinking about the guy they’d bumped into earlier, the guy was for lack of a better word, beautiful.

“Jonghyun...I think I’m lost” Amber admitted quietly, breaking Jonghyun out of his thoughts.  

“Again?” Jonghyun sighed. Amber just nodded. Jonghyun looked around, no clue where they were, apart from a park off in the distance, so he pulled out his phone, grabbed Amber’s hand and made his way to the park well calling Aliee.

“Where are we going?” Amber asked.

“Park” Jonghyun answered before the phone finally connected with Aliee’s.

 

“Hello? Jonghyun?” Ailee answered.
“Hey, Amber got us lost, can you come pick us up?” Jonghyun asked. Ailee’s long sigh could be heard over the phone.

“Amber got you lost didn’t she?” Ailee asked, the sound the car starting already audible.
“Yeah, we’re at ***** park” Jonghyun answered, sighing as well.

“What’s it with everyone and parks?” Ailee asked more to herself than Jonghyun.

“What?” Jonghyun asked.

“Ah, nothing be there soon, and I have a surprise for you guys” Ailee giggled. Jonghyun smiled slightly at the sound.
“Thanks, see you soon” Jonghyun said, getting a giggled goodbye before hanging up.

 

“Ailee ssi is coming to get us” Jonghyun spoke to Amber, finding a bench and sitting them down.

“Now I have to explain to the goldfish how I got lost again” Amber sighed. Jonghyun chuckled.

“Oh yeah, she said she has a surprise for us” Jonghyun remembered. Amber looked confused and excited. Then she looked at Jonghyun and smiled, these were good moments, Jonghyun would smile and giggle, and then lock himself up later, although he was more quiet then he used to be, he was still Jonghyun and she could see it. Soon they began to discuss what the surprise could be, maybe another dog? food? vacation? a llama? clothes? who knows...

--------------

 

Key sat quietly beside Ailee, but his expression showed all his talking, especially when Ailee mentioned having a surprise and winked at Key, giggling as his expression turned into something like a scared child.

“What do you mean surprise? Who was that and why did you wink at me?” Key asked. Ailee smiled, starting the car.

“It was my roommate, our other roommate, my girlfriend, got them lost, and you my dearest Kibum, are the surprise” Ailee giggled the end. Key looked betrayed and shocked.
“But, but my hair, and I mean I don’t know what to say” Key panicked.

“Say Hi, and what’s wrong with your hair?” Aliee asked, looking over to Key, only then noticing the difference.
“Oh my god!” was all Ailee could manage. Key just nodded.

“Black” Aliee continued.

“Yes” Key muttered. Ailee ran a hand through his hair.

“Good thing you were blonde first, it took well, and you did okay on the cut, I’ll just fix it up a bit later okay?” Ailee spoke, managing to have calmed herself down. Key nodded.

“It looks good” Ailee reassured. Key nodded and the car filled with the sound of the radio and traffic.

 

---------

 

When Ailee pulled up to the park she could already see her llama and dinopuppy, they were giggling about something and Ailee couldn’t help but smile. Key slowly left the car, hiding behind Ailee. Giggling Ailee grabbed Key’s hand and lead him to the two lost people.

“Hello, I am here to save you” Ailee chuckled, both Amber and Jonghyun looking at her with the same expression, before looking at the male behind her.

“Ah, Kibum!” Amber shouted. Key jumped before recognizing her and walking out from behind Ailee. Jonghyun looked up but said nothing, his expression was hard to read, but Key felt like he’d ruined a good moment so he put his head down and avoided contact.

“Huh? How do you know Kibummie?” Ailee asked, pure confusion and shock across her face.

“We bumped into each other today...well I bumped into him and Hyunie caught him” Amber replied, seeming slightly embarrassed.

“N-no...I bumped into you...sorry…” Key replied in a small voice.

“It’s okay, we’re a clumsy family” Ailee spoke.

“So what brings you here Kibum?” Amber asked. A large smile brought it’s way across Ailee’s features.

“We’re taking him home” Ailee replied, Amber and Jonghyun just nodded, Key smiled as Ailee nudged him.

 

Soon they were all back in the car, Key seated in the back with Jonghyun. It wasn’t quite in the car, Amber and Ailee talking about their days, singing along to the songs, Jonghyun answering things here and there but mainly looking out the window, Key could only watch, occasionally looking at Jonghyun noticing the other’s features, cold, yet loving eyes, strong, yet soft appearance, he looked like someone who should be full of life, one of those people you see and think they’re so happy with everything, but if you take a closer look, things aren’t as bright. Key felt like he was looking at his reflection, it made him chuckle slightly, but when he got looked at he suddenly felt a familiar fear, his knees coming up to his chest, arms hugging them tightly as his focus was moved to the window, his head repeating familiar scenes from his past, moments he’d been in an unfamiliar place and had to act like everything was perfect, then moments when Key would hide like he was now, the car had life everywhere but his patch.

 

Jonghyun looked at Key with a curious expression, feeling like he should try harder to make the other feel more comfortable, but he couldn’t think of anything, or bring himself to say anything, so instead he messaged Amber, telling her Key was quiet and seemed uncomfortable and asking what to do. Amber smiled at Jonghyun and shrugged, patting Ailee’s shoulder and offering a small gesture towards Key.

“Kibummie, are you hungry?” Ailee asked. Key’s looked at her, the fear evident in his eyes.

“N-no...I’m fine..thank you” Key muttered in reply, stuttering and seeming so small. He hated everyone’s expressions, they all looked concerned, worried, even Jonghyun had slight signs of worry, no matter how calm his face looked, his smaller actions and eyes gave it away.

“Well I’m hungry, let’s stop at a drive thru on the way home, I’ll get your usual and if you’re up to it you can eat it, how does that sound?” Ailee asked, going into motherly maid mode.

“Familiar” Key replied, without thinking and then his eyes widened, expression going blank.

“It’s okay Kibum, no one’s gonna bite, you’re okay, calm down, breath and relax” Ailee spoke, eyes focused on the road, and finding the nearest drive thru.

“Hm? What’s wrong Kibum?” Amber asked. Ailee nudged her and gave her the look of “Shut up, I’ll explain later” but it was too late, Key seemed panicked.

“I-I...uh, I’m sorry” Key spoke. Amber looked at Jonghyun hoping for some form of help.

“You don’t need to be” Jonghyun spoke, unbuckling his seatbelt and sliding into the middle seat.

“Amber sometimes doesn’t know when to be quiet” Jonghyun spoke. Key just nodded, focusing on his lap. With that the two sat in silence. Amber looked at Ailee apologetically, but all was okay when food entered the car.

 

Key ate silently, Jonghyun went back to his original seat and suddenly Key wanted him back. Conversations started up again, but this time Key felt more relaxed, Jonghyun seemed to talk more, trying to encourage Key to talk as well. Everything was okay until Amber asked where they were taking Key.
“Home” Ailee replied.
“Where is home?” Amber asked. Jonghyun seemed to have caught on already, remaining silent.
“No where…” Key whispered. Jonghyun seemed to catch on, feeling something familiar.

“Amber, meet the surprise” Jonghyun spoke, shocking Key.

-+-+-+-+-To be continued~

Wah sorry for the long delay...is anyone still reading? Alot happened that has stopped me from writing, but I'm back for good this time ^w^

I promise! This time I'll actually update most often

-N