Memories Pt.1 (Key)

Love of the unloved

(There are hints at mild things, and this chapter isn't really happy, but I don't think anything in this was enough to rate M)

“Kim Kibum, the golden prince, the beautifully handsome boy, the grace of society” Key’s father mocked, kicking Kibum, Key, once again. Key said nothing, just lay on the ground, hugging his stomach, and holding in screams of pain.

“You’ve done so well with that pretty little face, Kibum” His father laughed. Key knew what was next, and it was something he wouldn’t wish on even his worst enemy. This wasn’t how his father acted normally, well it wasn’t how his father used to act. Ever since Key’s mother went mad from memories, that Key seemed to be blamed for it, even though he was only 4 years of age when they began to haunt her, his father had been a drunk, and over time, an accidentally slap turned into a purposeful punch, and from there it got more and more violent until it went ual, and this is what Key feared most, any school bully, fan, or axe swinging murderer, couldn’t scare Key more than what his father had done over Key’s 15 years of life.

 

Even though all of this happened, Key never spoke out, never acted, out, never went against what someone told him to do, he always got good marks, and made helpful connections, he was the perfect child his parents didn’t want. They loved the idea of a perfect child that they could bring out when they wanted to show off, but they hated the him being real, and always blamed Key for their pain, or anything that went wrong, and Key had learnt to keep his mouth shut, but every day was torment and all he wanted to do was scream and cry, it was like there was a small child that Key never got to be fighting somewhere in his mind begging and pleading for freedom, forgiveness, an end to this curse. An end. Something Key knew how to get, something Key had been told to chase, but no matter how bad things got, Key wanted to survive, he didn’t want to fall into the want of his parents or enemies, he wanted to live, he wasn’t sure why, he just wanted to push through, he had so much hope hidden in his dark eyes that once shone with childish thoughts and beliefs.

 

---

 

When morning came, and Key was only left with the pain and memories of last night, he felt a certain numbness, this was one of his favorite feelings. He was numb, emotionless, and void, over the years he’d come to love this because in these moments, no pain affected him, no voices invaded his mind, nothing mattered, it was a beautiful bliss of nothingness. Key stayed in this state for half an hour before getting up, showering, and figuring out it was Sunday, there was no school, and as usual his father wasn’t home, so he was alone once more, and yet he didn’t feel safe. He’d lived in this big house for 11 years and still he never felt safe, this house no matter how beautiful it looked from the outside, how lovely the windows and balcony captured any time of day, how big the yard was, or how many things were scattered through the house, Key never felt safe, because all he could think of were things that brought pain.

 

When Key was 9 he’d had a conversation with his mother, she’d taken morphine and so she could stand Key for a short time, they talked about how beautiful the house was, but Key couldn’t find the beauty in it, and when he mother asked why he simply said “Memories” when she told him to go on, he explained these few things.

The wonderful back yard filled with trees and forest, in Key’s mind was the grim forest where Key had run away from his father when his father found the baseball bat, Key nearly spent a week hiding in the forest, no food, no warmth, it was amazing he didn’t die. The lovely big room full of art and books, the first room Key’s father had jumped him in, the room that screamed cruel words telling Key how worthless and impure he was. The wonderful flat screen TV’s, all reminders of times father had been watching a show, and then moved from it to beating Key. Nothing in this house didn’t give Key nightmares. To this his mother looked sad, but Key placed a hand on her cheek, and smiled, telling her he was fine, and she told him that she loved him, she was sorry, and he was beautiful.

 

Key sighed at the memory, only then realising he was crying. Wiping the tears from his eyes Key got up to start the day, ignoring the pain that stung through his body as he made his way to the shower, some hot water would do him good.

 

---

 

Once Key was showered, he grabbed the first aid kit, bandaging and cleaning any wound, and then taking a painkiller, before getting dressed. Well changing Key found a letter. It was a plan he’d made when he was younger, the plan was to run away on his next free day. Key shivered at the memory, he was young and had accidentally told one of the maids and she brought it to the attention of his father and for that Key received the scar he has on his upper thigh, a swift cut made by a sharp blade. When Key read through the plan, he tweaked things and realised today was the perfect day, so he found his duffle bag, piled in clothes, money, his own phone, and a few other things he may need. He hid the bag again, and then left the house.

 

---

 

Key had run to a convenience store store, he purchased hair dye, make up, a face mask, and some candy. Then he rushed back home.

 

Once home he went to the bathroom, thankful he’d chosen a foam hair dye so he could dye it himself. It took an hour until Key was standing in front of the mirror, staring at his reflection with wide eyes. He’d gone from brown to orangey blonde, but he wasn’t done. He grabbed the scissors and began cutting it, probably not the best idea to cut one's own hair, but he could get it fixed later. When he was done that he stared at the mirror in amazement. Grabbing the make up he applied a small amount, having seen so many girls do this in drama’s Key was pretty sure he did okay.


Now Key was at his final stage, he was dressed in a hoodie, skinny jeans, and some random shoes, he had a beanie, and face mask, along with his glasses to try and hide who he was a little more. Soon Key found himself standing in front of the door. A few more steps and he’d be free. Key knew that the memories would haunt him, he would fear his parents and what could happen to him for a while, but someday he’ll be okay, and his memories will be just that, and they’ll make him stronger, and with this in mind Key left.

-------Fin

A/N: Hi...it's been awhile since I've updated this >_> I'm so sorry, I just, well I dunno, but here's an update and it's Key! This is a rather short chapter, but it's the intro to Key, and I hope you liked it, and I have an updating scheduel now :D So there should be weekly updates on this ^^ Thank you for reading, and to those I left waiting (if anyone was waiting) I'm really sorry T^T Have some Jonghyun adorable ness as my apology

I seriously can't stop watching this, to the person that made it I both love you and am mad at you, but thank you. Look at his face! Those puppy eyes, and that little tongue thing >< ALong with his hair, and just him in general GAHHH

 

Sorry going off topic and this has gotten long >< Sorry, I hope you enjoyed this update, I'll update soon! Thank you for reading and any other of the what nots, see you later~

-N