Memories Pt.4 (Jonghyun)

Love of the unloved

 

Jonghyun sat at the end of Mihyun’s bed, she had tubes and wires connected to her and she was getting pretty weak but she’s lived way past the expected time, which sounds better than it is...after the first couple weeks, Jonghyun has realised he could lose her at any minute and that in itself scares the out of him, even if it’s been two years.

“Jjong?” Mihyun asked, waking up. Jonghyun smiled getting off the bed and helping her up.

“Are you okay Noona?” Jonghyun asked getting back on the bed.

“I-I’m fine just tired...how are your tutor sessions?” Mihyun asked.

“Good...Kyu Hyung said I’m doing really well in math, my dance and singing hyung’s and noona’s said I’m doing well...so yeah.” Jonghyun smiled.

“Good job, my impressive little 13 year old.” Mihyun smiled.

“He is...you should sing for your Hyung and Noona some time” Minhyuk smiled, walking into the room and kissing Mihyun’s forehead, then sitting beside Jonghyun. Jonghyun giggled, Mihyun looked happier even with slightly puffy eyes and today was starting well but in a flash everything started going wrong, Jonghyun and Minhyuk were rushed out of the room and left in the hallway with no knowledge of what was going on.

“Please no...I need her...I’m not ready...please.” Jonghyun sobbed, he felt his whole world crumbling and his body go weak. Minhyuk was silent he just hugged Jonghyun his face was blank. Kihwan came out of the room he looked upset.

“She’s...okay but she’s not likely to live past tomorrow...I’m so sorry,” Kihwan sobbed slightly, tears begin to fall down his face. Minhyuk and Jonghyun both got up and hugged Kihwan.

“Thank you…” Minhyuk sobbed, he didn’t know what to say but he thanked Kihwan anyway, because he’d done so much. Kihwan hugged them back and Jonghyun nodded.

“You’ve done so much for us and given up time...and we know you’ve done a lot for us and you’re family,” Jonghyun sobbed. Kihwan smiled slightly then pushed Jonghyun and Minhyuk away.

“Go...keep her happy,” Kihwan cried. Minhyuk and Jonghyun both nodded and turned toward the door.

“Come.” Jonghyun smiled, grabbing Kihwans hand and walking in. Mihyun was sitting up, she looked tired but still had a smile.

“Hey boys...smile I’m still here, so lets be happy for now.” Mihyun smiled. Jonghyun, Kihwan, and Minhyuk all smiled and sat on the bed. Jonghyun called his aunt Amber and she arrived soon with Victoria and some food. They spent the night watching movies and eating junk food until about 3:20am. Kihwan got more beds brought in and connected them, so everyone was snuggled up, Jonghyun was between Mihyun and Minhyuk and Kihwan was being squished by Amber and Victoria but even though it was sad, everyone was happy and in the moment.

“Jonghyun...sing a song.” Mihyun yawned, everyone hummed in agreement and snuggled closer. Jonghyun took a deep breath and sung the first song that came to mind.

I love you these words are good words...When our family goes to sleep…”  Jonghyun felt tears begin to burn his cheeks.

They say and recieve these words...I love you these words are good words...These words Jjongie wants to give to her too...I really Like these words and so, I’m happy all day long…” Jonghyun wiped his eyes and looked up at Mihyun and Minhyuk they were smiling and crying as well.

I really Like these words and so, I’m joyful all day...I really Like these words and so my heart...Keeps pounding on...I love you these words are good words…” Jonghyun smiled letting his tears fall and he sang the last lines.

I really like these words...I love, I love you~” Jonghyun’s tears began falling faster but he smiled.

“Good Job Jjongie...I love you.” Mihyun smiled, kissing Jopnghyun’s forehead. Soon everyone fell asleep huddled together. The next morning Jonghyun woke up and everyone was sitting up around him crying, he looked to his side to see Mihyun looking peaceful and he knew.

“Noona…” Jonghyun cried. Minhyuk grabbed him and took him out of the room as Jonghyun started to fall apart.

 

The next few days were rough, Jonghyun slowly closed up even more he stopped talking after the funeral.

“Jonghyun...dinner.” Minhyuk called putting pizza on the coffee table. Jonghyun came downstairs his face looked blank. Minhyuk smiled slightly and Jonghyun returned the gesture but his smile faded. Minhyuk sighed internally as they sat down and began eating, tv playing in the background.

“So are you packed?” Minhyuk asked, the were going to move in with Jonghyun’s aunt Amber in a few days. Jonghyun just nodded in reply.

“Jonghyun...could you sing something? I remember when you were little you sang a song called ‘Really good words’ and it made everyone smile...and I haven’t heard you speak in forever and I miss your voice and your smile and I know it hurts but Jonghyun…” Minhyuk began crying. Jonghyun was shocked and instantly hugged Minhyuk.

“H-hyung I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have done that to you it’s just that...it hurts so much and I miss her and I didn’t want to bother you, because I know you do as well.” Jonghyun cried. Minhyuk sniffled and hugged Jonghyun tightly.

“You can always tell me no matter what I’ll always listen and try to help if I can and...we have to learn to move on and keep going but for now we can hurt and be sad but slowly we need to try and be happier…” Minhyuk sniffed. Jonghyun nodded.

“How about tonight we eat junk and cry and what not and we can even watch some sad or funny movies...and clear the heart and what not.” Jonghyun replied smiling slightly. Minhyuk nodded in reply. That night they spent together, sitting on the couch eating junk food and watching random movies.
“Hyung...do you think Noona is happy?” Jonghyun asked, this night was bringing back memories. Minhyuk smiled and hugged Jonghyun.

“I do...hey how about you sing a song?” Minhyuk asked. Jonghyun smiled and sang the same song he did that night closing his eyes and letting memories flow through.

Saranghaeyo ihanmadi cham joehun mal…Ori shikku jago namyun…jugo banun mal…Saranghaeyo ihanmadi cham joehun mal…Jeremy doe gu-ae ante jugo shipun mal…Imari jo-ha-so o-jongil shini agie oh…Imari jo-ha-so o-jongil ilma agie oh…Imari jo-ha-so o-jongil ga-sumi…Kong-dah Kong-dah Indeyo…Saranghaeyo ihanmadi cham joehun mal…Nana nanun ihan madiga jongmal johayo…Sarang saranghaeyo.” As Jonghyun finished he looked at Minhyuk who was crying.

“Hyung…” Jonghyun whispered. Minhyuk sobbed.

“I miss her Jonghyun...I’m so sorry I feel like I can’t fill her place and raise you like we promised we would do when we took you in and I feel like I’ve failed you and her I’m so sorry” Minhyuk cried. Jonghyun shook his head and wiped Minhyuk’s eyes.

“Hyung...you don’t need to replace her...you just have to be you and you could never fail me or Noona we love you and always will...Hyung look at us if I were back at home I’d be locked up in my room and probably depressed...but with you I feel safe and like I can cry and look at me I’m not depressed I’m upset but I’m happy because I still have you,” Jonghyun smiled. Minhyuk smiled slightly.

“You’re amazing,” Minhyuk smiled. Jonghyun giggled and hugged Minhyuk.

“I know I’m ing amazing.” Jonghyun smiled. Minhyuk nodded and a few minutes later they fell asleep.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So erm...happy/sad chapter also the song is Jeremy's (Lee HongKi) Really Good Words from 'You're Beautiful' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_MC8M_8-gk The actual song) also I have a hint of writers block and my mind is actually going 'Don't write DRAW~!!!!' so yeah...but I like this chapter and hope you all do as well :3 Also thank you to anyone who reads this and stuff <3 Comment and what nots are loved :3 
 
-Kana Chan