Curiosity Kills the Cat

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just to clarify, Seyi and VIXX moved to Seoul around New Years, so late December - early Jan. They started school a few days after New Years in time for the beginning of a second semester. (So far, I'm not putting in specific dates for the story, just estimates.) Now it is the beginning of March. 

I apologize for the early/fast time skip as well. In order for the story to move along and progress the way I want it to, there will be a few time gaps (but fear not, when those come along I'll fill in the blanks like I did in the beginning of the chapter or in my A/Ns)

Thank you all for subscribing and for the few that have commented. It means a lot! ღ

Two months went by within a blink of an eye. Nothing had changed for Seyi. The vice presidents of the club were still targeting her despite their many failures. Their persistence was impressive just as much as it was bothersome. Their hate was no longer directed at the fact she sat next to their precious kingka, but rather, her defiance. And the fact that she was close with VIXX (despite people knowing that her brother was Leo), didn’t help, either. It probably made her even more hated.

But why? It wasn’t like she sought after their hearts or she had a choice of being Leo’s sister.

As bad as things seemed, it wasn’t like she minded. Sure, it was awful bothersome, but it wasn’t anything she couldn’t handle. The treatment she got now was better than what she had gotten before.

Much like Seyi, nothing changed for Mark. He still knew nothing about the girl and she remained unreadable. The less he knew, the more he was drawn to the girl. She was a mystery he wanted to solve.

How and why was still a mystery that he had to solve for himself.

While Mark remained clueless, Seyi on the other hand, became aware. From the first day she had gone to the shooting range, she was aware of his presence despite never acknowledging it. Since the first day, she had realized he had been watching her. He was curious, even if he never showed it.

And curiosity was dangerous.

Splash!

"Dammit Minji, you missed again!"

Seyi sighed loudly, once again dodging the fan club’s sad attempt at dumping water on her with a simple side step. She tilted her head to the side, staring flatly at the three girls who were clearly more upset than Seyi herself was. “Save some water for the whales, will you?” she smirked, enraging Nuri, one of the fan club’s vice presidents. Nuri let out a screech, stomping her feet on the floor like a child.

“Better luck next time.” Seyi mocked, slinging her backpack over one of her shoulders as she walked away from the fuming girls. When would they learn?

Seyi left campus, r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter