Ignited

Lost Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 During one of the intermissions, Jimin decided to head out and buy some merch by herself.

             Yerin stayed back, she watched as Jinyoung followed Jimin from a distance. Her eyes fell and she twiddled her thumbs in discomfort. She knew what was going to happen, she knew what the right thing to do was but she couldn’t help but keep the truth to herself.

             As Jimin went further and further into the crowd, Jinyoung approached her closer and closer. He didn’t want his friends to overhear so he was waiting to stop her at a reasonable distance. He came up behind her and put his hands on her waist, he spun her around and her eyes almost double in size in surprise.

          “Oppa? For s' sake, you scared me. I thought you were some-“

          “Jimin, I need to tell you something.”

            Jimin noticed the seriousness in his eyes. She looked up at Jinyoung confused, especially with his strict tone. As he stepped closer to her, he nearly held her in place with his gaze. She stood still as Jinyoung continued,

           “Okay, well here goes nothing. Jimin. Park Jimin. I… I like you. Hell, I’ve always liked you. There hasn’t been a moment since I’ve met you that I didn’t feel this way. I don’t want you to go out with Jackson – or anybody, I want you to be with me. It seeing you with someone else, I wanted to confess sooner but I didn’t know how and I wanted it to be special… but at this point, I feel like this is the best way. If I wait any longer, I’m afraid that you’re going to start to see someone else and it won’t be me.”

            Jinyoung didn’t wait for her response, he slightly leaned his head in and kissed her. He pressed his lips hard against hers, as if he wanted her to feel how much he wanted her. Time had momentairly stopped, much to his surprise, Jimin began to kiss him back - but only for a mere second before she pulled away and responded in a shaky voice, 

           “Oppa, you're drunk right now," she pushed him away.

           “This… this cant be happening. Oppa, I’m.. I’m so sorry but I can’t do this.”   Jimin’s heart felt like it was going to burst out of her chest, she felt the tears welling up in her eyes as she turned away and ran from Jinyoung. He attempted to grab after her, but he was numb. He stood in place stunned by the extent of her rejection.

            Holy . I ruined our friendship. She’s never going to want to talk to me, oh my god, why did I think this was a good idea. His stomach tightened and he felt like vomiting. No, she kissed me back – didn’t she? She hesitated, she must feel something, but why… why would she run away? After wandering helplessly for almost half an hour, Jinyoung eventually found his way back to the crowd, he was drained and looked gaunt. It was obvious to Jaebum and Yerin that he had just been rejected. JB handed him a drink as Yerin attempted to take him to the side.

           “Not right now Yerin… I don’t, I don’t want to talk about anything… I can’t. She’s never going to talk to me again Yerin,” Jr. was sobbing at this point. Thankfully, none of his friends seemed to notice too much because no one was left sober. He cried in Yerin’s arms in search of comfort. Yerin placed her hand on his back trying to soothe him. She’s never imagined Jinyoung so broken down before, the guilt was eating her alive, she managed to mustered up some courage,

           “Oppa... Oppa, I think Jimin rejected you because of, because of... me.”

            Jinyoung wiped his eyes, he was confused by her rash statement.

            “Huh? What have you got to do with anything?”

            “Oppa, the truth is… I felt this way. I felt this way about you for a long time," she began to confess.

            “Oppa, I've been in love with you. Jimin only rejected you because she knows how I feel about you. She didn't want to sacrifice our friendship so she could have you, but oppa, you know what? I want her to. I wanted her to go after you. I thought she didn't deserve you if she wasn't willing to give up everything for you like I would. Oppa, I'm sorry. This is probably killing her. I'm so sorry, I should have told you sooner.”

            Jinyoung stood there trying to process

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter