Bit of Truth

Lost Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Jimin continued to sit with the rest of the guys, she felt content even with Jinyoung gone. Yugyeom and Mark invited Jimin to go to set with them since it was almost their time slot to film. 

            Their acceptance made her feel a sense of belonging, she hurriedly agreed to their offer and was excited to be making new friends. Jimin felt like she was forgetting something, then it hit her. She looked down to see her ugly, worn out shoes. She crossed her feet and pouted,

            “Awe, I'm sorry guys. I forgot to get my shoes. I left them in the dressing room, I guess I’ll just meet you guys there instead.”

            “I'll go with you," Yugyeom stated.

            Jimin was glad that Yugyeom offered to come along, she didn't know the setting well enough to wander on her own. She said her goodbyes to JB and parted ways with Mark.

            Once they walked out of the cafeteria, Jimin asked Yugyeom if he knew where the dressing rooms for female extras was. She was scatterbrained when it came to directions and was distracted on her way to the cafeteria since she was busy catching up with Jinyoung. She felt a little panicked, she only had fifteen minutes until she had to be on set and she couldn't delay filming since she was an extra. Yugyeom noticed the worried look on her face and pulled out an interactive map on his phone but Jimin couldn't remember the room number.

            Shortly after his friends left, JB had met up with the other leads of the drama to head over to the set. JB noticed Yugyeom and Jimin outside the dining room even though they had left a few minutes prior to him, the two were huddled together and looked worried. Jimin looked up and looked distraught, her face lit up when she locked eyes with him and said,

           “Unnie! You’re here! Help me! I can’t remember where the room was.”

           Jaebum became embarrased, his ears became increasingly red; he thought her change of expression was because of him but it turned out she was just looking past him at a staff member. He continued to walk away with the other actors and actresses but took one more glance at Jimin and Yugyeom as they scurried away. He wondered to himself why they looked so upset to begin with. 

            When Jimin looked up, she noticed JB walking with a female who he was obviously seemed comfortable with. She questioned if it would be impolite to interrupt him in order to ask JB whether he remembered where he had picked her up from. But then behind them she noticed the stylist who assigned her clothes, she felt relieved she didn't have to burden JB with her problems. She continued to walk with Yugyeom and the stylist to the dressing room.

            “Yugyeom-ah, can you wait out here for a little bit? I’m just going to take my coat off and change my shoes. I’d invite you inside, but I think there will be girls changing in there.”

            Much to his dismay, Yugyeom obliged.

            Jimin slipped in through a small opening she had made in order not to reveal any of the changing girls inside. She hurriedly took off her sneakers and put on her wedges. She removed the petticoat and glanced in the big mirror. She shook her head again, feeling a little insecure about exposing her body. She was especially nervous about performing and acting, even though she only had a couple of lines.

            She walked outside into the hall where Yugyeom was waiting for her, he audibly gasp and she watched his eyes widen in surprise. She was mortified by his reaction, but he quickly consoled her. 

            “Holy crap, you look great!"

            Jimin was embarrassed, but his compliments reassured her. They continued to discuss their role as they walked to the main set. Jimin looked around and was surprised at how realistic the set looked. While looking around, she noticed the leads in the center near the director focusing on their lines. She smiled to herself, she felt determined to do a good job.

           Three more girls dressed like her approached her and introduced themselves, they all continued to talk with nervousness in their voices. Mark also came up to them, along with the dancers from the opposing team and they began to rehearse.

            JB glanced around the set, not sure what he was searching for – but then he saw it. He saw her. His eyes landed on the extras practicing in the corner. He watched Jimin, who looked sort of cute from far away rehearse with Yugyeom. The two of them seemed to become closer. He noticed Mark with them as well; he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter