Invitation

Lost Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Jaebum rubbed his eyes and called her name again,

            “Jimin-sshi?”

            “Yes? – I mean, yes. It’s me. I’m sorry Jaebum-sshi, I didn’t mean to interrupt you. I got lost while trying to find Jinyoung and Yugyeom. I saw the sign on the door and thought that there could be staff members inside that could help me. I didn’t know you were still here, sorry.” Jimin said apologetically.

            JB flashed her smile, “No worries. I accidently fell asleep and I ended up losing my ride. I’m going to go home with you guys as well.”

            “Ah, I’m sorry for waking you up!” she bowed.

            “It's fine," he laughed.

            “I needed to wake up if we’re leaving soon. Would you like to wait inside? We can go together,” he continued.

            Jimin nodded and followed him inside. She noticed how large the dressing room was, it was triple the size of hers even though it was meant for only two people. She looked around and noticed all their clothes and items neatly stored away, while her dressing room was chaotic and messy. Jaebum watched her stare and interrupted her thoughts,

                 “Yeah, it’s sort of obnoxiously big isn’t it?”

            “No, it’s only expected since you guys are the leads. I’m just taken aback is all.”

            JB told her to take a seat while he grabbed his things so they could go. Jimin continued to look around when her eyes landed on a laptop that was open. The show she was on, Kpop Star, was being streamed by JB.

            “Jaebum-sshi, were you watching Kpop Star? I was actually on that show! But I didn’t show up until the end of that episode.”

            He became flustered and quickly retaliated with an excuse,

                “Y-yes. I don’t really get a chance to watch television, so I looked up what the popular shows were... what song did you sing?”

            “I sang ‘Irreplaceable,’ by Beyonce. She’s one of my favorite artists.”

            Jaebum continued to gather his items as he mentally noted that, he closed his laptop and shoved it in his backpack. He motioned to the door so they could continue their conversation outside, but as soon as Jimin got up her phone rang. It was Jinyoung calling.

            Jinyoung asked her where she was to which she replied,

            “Ah, oppa! Sorry to keep you waiting! Mmm… I’m on my way with Jaebum-sshi.... Yeah, I got lost again but I ended up at your dressing room. Don't worry, Jaebum-sshi is going to lead the way. Mmhmm... okay oppa... mm. Alright, we'll come quickly, see you in a little bit!"

            Once Jimin got off the phone, they continued their conversation about music. They two of them had a lot of similarities, Jimin liked to dance and JB was a bboy, and they also had an interest in the same artists. Although Jaebum kept his distance he continued to watch her from the corner of his eye. She changed her clothes again, she looked worn out – maybe she’s tired and wants to rest?

            “Jimin-sshi.. are you okay? Are you tired?” JB asked with concern.

            “No, I’m alright.. uh.. is it okay if I call you oppa? I might just look tired because I don’t have any make up on,” she laughed.

            JB felt stupid for asking, he felt like he insulted her; but she wanted to drop honorifics which made him feel like they were getting closer.

            “Oh, that’s fine. Call me oppa.” JB let out a constrained chuckle. They were almost there; he couldn’t help but notice how much cuter she gets each time he sees her. Is she always this spunky and upbeat?

            Jinyoung spotted Jimin and JB walking towards the dining room, he instantly ran up to Jimin and held his arms out to give her a hug.

            “I missed you!”

            Jimin hugged him back and squeaked out,

                “Oppa, It's barely been two hours since I last saw you.”

            They all sat down in the near-empty cafeteria. Only a few staff members were in there, mostly just the cleaning staff or youngest crew members that were too busy running errands all day to catch a bite to eat. Jimin sat directly across from Yugyeom, the two of them kept laughing while talking causing Jinyoung to become a little angsty.

            After they finished eating, they went to the car and Jinyoung told Jimin to sit up front with him.

            “Uhh, it’s alright oppa. I think Jaebum oppa should sit there, it would be rude of me.” 

            She settled into the back with Yugyeom and they continued to chat the entire car ride. Jinyoung turned up the volume on the radio to cancel them out, but JB turned it down because he wanted to eavesdrop.

            “Jimin, there’s a music festival this weekend and Mark and I are going. I have extra tickets because I invited my hyungs, but they didn’t want to go. Another one of our friends is going and you can meet him too! Do you want to go with us?” Yugyeom sheepishly asked.

            Jimin checked her cell phone to see if she had any schedules with the choreographer or vocal coach, but she didn’t have anything important planned; and if she didn’t have anything planned that meant Yerin didn’t either.

            “I would love to go, but can I invite my good friend Yerin? You'd really get along with her,” Jimin asked.

            “Yeah, of course. I can give her the other spare ticket then. It’ll be so much fun an-“

            Jinyoung cut him off and said, “Wait, where are you going together?”         

            “The music festival that you didn’t want to go to,” Yugyeom replied.

            Jinyoung dismissed him,

            “No, you misunderstood. I said I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter