Answers

Lost Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          On the way to the shop, Jackson spoke to Yugyeom about the music festival and was ecstatic when he found out that both Jimin and Yerin would be going. He was looking forward to seeing more of Jimin and getting to know her, he tried returning as quickly as he could, but the shop was quite the distance – on foot anyway. Eventually, Jackson and Yugyeom returned to the JYP building. Yugyeom and Jackson parted as Yugyeom headed back to the male dormitories to take a shower and a much-needed nap. Jackson came back to a near empty room. It was just Jinyoung and Yerin.

          Jackson sat around eating the fried chicken with the two of them,

          “So, where’d Jaebum hyung and Jimin go? How come it’s just the two of you now?”

          Yerin took a bite of a drumstick and said,

          “Oh, Jimin headed back to the practice room a while ago. I have no idea where JB is, he pretty much left without a word. What about Yugyeom?”

          “He was tired and headed back home already.”

          The three of them continued to make small talk, but Jackson’s mind was elsewhere. Jackson thought about going to their practice room, but it would be weird if he went empty-handed, so he grabbed a box of chicken and headed over there. He made his way to the room and noticed two figures sitting closely together against the mirror, it was Jaebum and Jimin. He didn’t think too much about it, but he did knock before entering. Jimin’s voice filled the air as she invited him inside.

          Jimin looked at him as he entered and said,      

          “What brings you here?”

          Jackson lifted the box and replied,

          “I brought food, so we could eat together again. I felt awkward with just Jinyoung and Yerin, what's up with them? Are they dating or something?” Jackson quickly came up with an excuse.

          Jackson’s words echoed in JB’s head, again? Maybe they really did know each other well. He also noted that he wasn't the only one who thought something was up with Jinyoung and Yerin.

          Jimin felt her heart sink further, she felt covetous of Jinyoung. Instead of allowing her feelings to show, she shrugged and looked at Jaebum for reassurance. Having Jackson there made her ease up too, he was able to make her laugh and that helped her take her mind off things. They spoke about the music festival that would be happening the next day and the upcoming JYP dance.

          Jackson looked at Jimin and asked,

          “So are you going with anyone?”

          “Probably just Yerin, how about you guys?” she questioned.

          “Oh, I was thinking of asking someone… but I don’t know yet.” Jaebum replied, he was actually contemplating on asking Jimin. But right then and there - Jackson Wang beat him to it, right in front of him.

          “Well, Jimin, if you don’t have a date, do you want to go with me? I don’t have a date either, I know this isn’t really a formal way of asking or anything, I mean I can make it more special if you-” Jackson rambled on.

          Jimin took a deep breath before replying, she thought about Jinyoung but finally acknowledging that she had little to no chance with him would allow her to move on. She winced in pain at the thought of JB's words, she looked at Jackson who was nervously sputtering out nonsense and interrupted him.

          “No – it’s perfect. I would love to go with you oppa,” she reached out and hugged him. Thanks Jackson she thought, he really was a nice guy for willing to take her to the dance.

          “But are you sure?  I know there’s a ton of girls who would probably be dying to go with you.”

          Jackson looked smug as he replied,

            “Just doing some charity work,” he laughed.

          Jimin punched him in the arm and rolled her eyes before bursting out into laughter. They continued to tease one another.

          Whilst this was going on, Jaebum tried to keep his composure. He was actually hinting that he wanted to ask Jimin, but he had just lost his opportunity. His thoughts were interrupted when Jackson said,

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter