The Night of the Vulnerable Part 1

The UNIQ Boys Next Door

We were able to get front row seats right in front of the stage and the view was quite spectacular. The show started off with some performance acts from student and in between them were the performances of artists and idol groups who were invited. Amongst the invited guests was a popular girl group called Apink who got the whole audience engaging in what Minny called a ‘fanchant’. It gave me goosebumps that everyone in the audience was so united and knew all the lyrics. I hadn’t encountered an idol group other than UNIQ in such close proximity before and the Apink girls were gorgeous up close.
‘And now...an act that will get all the girls hearts excited…’ You could smell the anticipation in the air of the venue. ‘U-NIIIIIQ!!!’ The MC yelled at the top of his lungs.
‘KYAAAAAHHH, IT’S UNIQ! OH MY GOD!’ Minny tugged at my sleeve excitedly. I couldn’t help but get excited with her and started cheering and waving my balloon around. They were performing a remix mashup of Falling In Love and their latest track EOEO but that didn’t stop anyone from singing along. They scattered across the stage and started freestyle dancing and waving at the crowd whilst the chorus played in the background. Whenever they were near where I was standing, I would call out their name and wave to them. Yixuan was the only one who excitedly waved back to me when I called for him. Seungyoun cheekily stuck his tongue out at me before running to the other side of the stage. Yibo pretended to ignore me at first but his act was ruined when I spotted his wide grin just before he ran his hand through his silky hair and joined Seungyoun. They each had a few roses in their arms to hand out as they were singing. Wenhan actually came and sat in front of us whilst it was his part and Minny started screaming her head off and reached out for his hand. She grabbed onto it and started shaking it like crazy. Wenhan seemed overwhelmed at first but gave her a rose like a gentleman. I was actually annoyed he didn’t give me one as well. I’ll get my revenge later.
‘SUNGJOO!’ I shouted and waved both my arms in the air to get his attention. He definitely saw me when he turned his head and casually walked over. Coincidentally, it was his turn to sing and he sat on the edge of the stage and held onto my hand. I tried pulling it away because I was shy and didn’t like the attention it garnered but he held onto it tightly as he serenaded me, his eyes focused on only me. Minny was screaming deafeningly loud beside me and I knew my face must have been as red as a tomato. Before leaving me, he gave me the last rose he had and winked at me, rendering me quite speechless. The moment was so surreal that I wasn’t sure it was actually happening but Minny’s hug on my arm brought me back to my deafening surroundings full of music and squeals. I realised this was the first time I had seem them perform live on a stage and it certainly had a lasting impression on me.

~

You: you guys were awesome!
soccerfan96: we know, we know
swagmasta: you dont need to tell us Chi
wenhandsome: btw what was your friend’s name? she was cute
You: her name is Minseo ^^
wenhandsome: i see i see
mamayx: Chi you should come to the after party with us
You: Will Apink be there?
soccerfan96: yes!
soccerfan96:
soccerfan96: the only reason I'm going to be there tbh
mamayx: why do i have a feeling she likes Apink more than she likes us?
You: well you’re not wrong
dazhuzi: well you're uninvited
dazhuzi:

Seungyoun suddenly sent me a message in a different conversation with just me, him and Yibo.
soccerfan96: hey yibo, did you see the way chi was looking at sungjoo?
swagmasta: yeah who didnt?
swagmasta: id fall in love too if i was serenaded to
like that
soccerfan96: yeah and dont forget the rose
soccerfan96: Sungjoo oppa be mine please
You:
You: YOU TWO BETTER SHUT IT
soccerfan96:

You: NO
swagmasta:
You: STOP IT
soccerfan96:
swagmasta:

You:

~

Minny wasn’t too happy when I told her I had to meet with another group of friends after the concert had ended. Joowon seemed kind of upset but tried not to show it and instead jokingly pulled Minny away from me, telling her to stop clinging onto me. Hyojin sadly looked like she couldn’t care less if I was with them or not and actually seemed rather glad. It took me a while but it was too obvious that she disliked me for whatever reason it was. I eventually found the place the guys told me to wait and took a seat. It was an outside beer garden but the area was not as busy as I expected it to be, possibly because everyone was on the other side where the main concert stage was located.
‘What will it be for you?’ The cute bartender inquired as he wiped the bench down.
‘I'll just have a glass of Coke thanks.’
‘Coke? At a college festival?’ He smiled.
‘Yep, just Coke.’  I asserted. I was the only one sitting at the bar for a minute or two before another person sat right beside me. The person hid their face with a hoodie and a pair of sunglasses. It’s night time though… I decided to mind my own business and looked down at the rose I was twirling in my hands and smiled. It would have been nice if they all gave me one. I turned my head and kept an eye out for the guys to arrive, hoping I didn’t have to wait too long. When I turned back, my drink was already in front of me. As I was taking a sip, I realised the person who was beside me had disappeared. Hah, weird. Without thinking too much of it, I patiently surfed through my phone for a while. My vision acted up a little bit, blurring my view of my phone screen for a second. Wow, I must be really tired.  I shook my head to clear my head and went into Kakaotalk to message Sungjoo.

You: Where are you?
dazhuzi: sorry the interviews are taking longer than expected
dazhuzi: we're nearly done
dazhuzi: will head over there soon

A few minutes later, I started feeling dizzy and leaned my head against the palm of my hand.
‘Are you alright?’ The bartender asked with concern. I looked up and saw double vision of the bartender. Something's...not right.
‘I’m...fine.’ I meekly said as I shook my head again. I left the outside bar and walked away to a quiet area to get away and rest a little bit. I started feeling lethargic and tried to stay awake by shaking my head constantly and widening my eyes. As I was walking, I bumped into a man and before I knew it, I was surrounded by a small group of them.
‘Hey girl, what’s your name?’ I heard someone say. Their voices seemed so distant and started echoing in my head. I looked up. Only blurred faces surrounded me and I could feel a bad gut-feeling stirring up inside of me. No words came out when I attempted to speak and a growing numbness seeped into my limbs.
‘I…she wants...play with us guys.’ My ears were hacking up their conversation. Their eruption of laughter boomed in my head, shaking up my insides. Sh*t, what’s happening?
‘Isn’t that right?’ A distorted face came closer to mine. I tried to concentrate but all I could feel was a rough hand grabbed my chin and knocked my head back and forth as if I was nodding.  NO! GO AWAY!  I wanted to scream but my attempt was futile. As I felt the sensations of several hands grabbing my arms and lifting me up, a high pitched cry pierced through my lack of consciousness. I couldn’t make out who it was but it was definitely another girl. My vision started deteriorating even more and then I was overcome with darkness and silence.

Someone’s...carrying me.

I can’t hear what they’re saying.

Who are these people?

It’s pitch black.

There’s an unpleasant damp smell.

As if it was an out of body experience, I knew I was thrown onto a soft bed. No... Not long after another body fell beside me as well. NO! I couldn’t quite make out what the exchange between the two people in the room entailed. There was a sudden rush of movement and the body beside me was pulled up and taken elsewhere. Then, it was deadly quiet. I couldn’t make out who the person was that kept hovering back and forth in front of me. Where am I? I knew I was in a home of some sort but whether or not I was safe or not was still unknown to me. I could barely move my own body. The place didn’t smell very pleasant. The person started running around the room and then fell over suddenly. Then I lost consciousness again.

I didn’t know how long it had been since I passed out but I suddenly felt someone lifting me upwards and I tried to focus on the face. Although blurry, it was familiar, it was someone I trusted.
“Sungjoo…” His names escaped my lips for some reason. Is it Sungjoo?
“Alright, let’s get you home.” His warm voice echoed in my head. Then I out completely once again.

BONUS

“Are you an idiot!? Do you know how worried we were!?” Sungjoo yelled out of frustration as he walked down the dimly lit streets of the night with Chi on his back. “Do you think you’re invincible!?” He knew Chi wasn’t awake enough to hear him but he had to vent somehow. They had all been worried and anxious for a few hours ever since they couldn’t get in contact with her.  Just by hugging Sungjoo tighter all of a sudden, Chi eased the unrest within him and he disgruntledly continued walking home. He was just glad that she wasn’t hurt or in danger. With her head resting right beside his, he could hear her quietly mumbling nonsense as he strolled back to the hotel. Even though it was a bit silly, he gathered up the courage to ask, “Chi, who’s your favourite UNIQ member?”
“Sung…” Sungjoo held his breath, unknowingly awaiting her answer quite nervously. “Seungyoun stop eating.” Chi mumbled, “Those are mine.” Sungjoo just shook his head and quietly chuckled to himself as he lugged Chi home to their place.

 



[!!!] Alright, at this point, it’s HIGHLY recommended that you read at least the last paragraph of this chapter here (or all of it up to you lol) and then the two following chapters (Moonlit Part 3 and 4). It will basically explain exactly what happened whilst Chi was unconscious and how Chorim and Sungjoo (*cough* and Jin and Taehyung *cough*) helped Chi (and it’s pretty darn fun if I may say so myself). Even though it’s a different story (it’s my other fanfic lol), it’s the same universe so it’ll make sense I promise. Hope you enjoy the experience!

P.S. You don’t have to subscribe to the other story. I’ll always notify you when there is a cross-over event like this one!

 


A/N: Hello there! It's been a long time! (。•́︿•̀。) I was actually going to do a double release but I wasn't satisfied with the next chapter yet so I've decided just to publish the one chapter. I mean you've also got the additional reading as well so that'll make up for it hopefully hahaha. I didn’t want not having a cover to delay the release of this chapter. I’ll fix it up once I have time! :D I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and I apologise for the long delay. Thanks for reading as always! (⁎⚈᷀᷁▿⚈᷀᷁⁎)