Capturing abs and gazes

The UNIQ Boys Next Door

‘Aaarrrgh!’ Sungjoo cupped his eye with his hands and cowered down into a squat on the floor whilst we all just stood around looking at each other speechless, unable to process what had just happened. My arm automatically lowered the camcorder.
‘Run before he kills you!’ Seungyoun screamed as he bolted off, dragging Yibo along with him. I turned the camcorder off and kneeled down in front of Sungjoo, watching him as he struggled to open his left eye. Once our eyes met, our faces were only a few centimeters apart and he must have been so surprised he fell backward onto his backside.
‘Are you okay? I said. Sungjoo grinned as he wiped the tears away from his twitching left eye. ‘Your eye is really red...’
‘Yeah, I’m fine.’ He insisted with his hand cupping his eye. Wenhan jogged over to us and gave Sungjoo an ice cold water bottle.
‘Thanks.’
‘Let me take a look...’ Wenhan said as he kneeled down beside Sungjoo and carefully inspected his eye.
‘Guys, I’m fine. I might just sit out on the first dance practice though, or until I can open my eye normally.’ He chuckled.
‘What have I told you before? No yo-yos in the practice room!’’ Yixuan scolded Yibo and Seungyoun in the far corner of the room with both of them sulkily looking over at us.
‘Believe it or not, this isn’t the first time this has happened.’ Wenhan said. I couldn’t help but laugh. A yo-yo out of all things...

After a few warm-up acts, they were finally starting their first dance rehearsal. Sungjoo sat right beside me on the bench, holding the bottle against his eye. When Seungyoun gave me the cue, I pressed play on the remote for the music to start. ~ Wow wow Naeilkkaji we all night… ~
It was a totally different concept from what I was expecting. Goodbye flower boys from Falling In Love. I watched in awe as they danced around from one end of the room to the other to the loud and upbeat music. Sungjoo held a microphone in his hand and belted out his parts, occasionally nudging me on the side excitedly.

~ EOOOO EO EOOOOO EO EOOOOO OOOO ~
I chuckled at the siren chorus. It seemed ridiculous but it was definitely catchy.
At the end of Seungyoun’s hyped up rap, I knew the chorus was coming but instead of going into the normal body wave, they all dropped to the ground. What are they doing? Out of no where, a cold large hand covered my eyes and all I could hear was the loud chorus playing in the background.

~ EOOOO EO EOOOOO EO EOOOOO OOOO ~
‘Yah! Kim Sungjoo!’ I angrily yelled out as I tried to loosen his grip. It felt like he was pulling me closer towards him.
‘You’re not old enough to see this.’ He laughed out loud.
‘I’m the same age as you!’
He only let go when the chorus was over and before I knew it, the song had ended as well. Despite being annoyed, I immediately applauded enthusiastically and slowed my clapping down after realising I was the only one apart from Sungjoo watching them.
‘What did you think?’ Yixuan asked me as I handed him a towel.
‘You guys were very cool!’ I held both thumbs up. ‘The performance was...daebak!’ I said, a bit uncertain over my usage of the term.
‘She’s just saying that to make you feel better. You guys were awful without me.” Sungjoo confidently chimed in.
‘Well, are you alright to join us now Mr. Kim?’ Yixuan said.
‘Sure am.’ Sungjoo forced a wink with his left eye at Yixuan. It was still quite red but it seemed like the pain was gone now. ‘See? It’s like nothing happened.’
I the music again and
Well, never did I imagine that I’d be watching a large group of men performing in front of me in Seoul.
The final chorus came once again and they dropped to the floor. I awkwardly tried to avert my gaze and look around the room as soon as I realised they were doing body waves on the floor, sweeping it clean with their knees. It was even worse when I noticed Sungjoo was grinding against the floor in the middle, directly in front of me.  I turned back once I noticed they had gotten off the ground and thought it was over but they then proceeded to do their body waves and lift up their shirts, showing the sculpted abs they had all been preparing for this comeback. Holy . Luckily it was very brief or else I would start feeling like a ert with my eyes ogling at their bodies. Once the song was over, I wasn’t sure whether it was the actual room or just me that was warming up. Everyone scattered to drink water and stretch after the song was over. Sungjoo walked over to the bench I was sitting on and grabbed a towel. Unintentionally, I casually watched him as he wiped off the sweat on his face. Only when he looked down at me did I realise I had been looking at him this whole time.
‘Your cheeks are so red.’ Sungjoo smirked as he reached out and lightly touched my cheek. I could feel the blood suddenly rushing to my face.

‘It’s because she’s a ert!’ Seungyoun poked his tongue out at me. He then swung his arm over Yibo’s side who was busily drinking and then swiftly lifted Yibo’s shirt up up to his chest, revealing his well defined abs for the world to see. I quickly averted my eyes and tried not to comment whilst Yibo nearly choked on the water as he pull his shirt back down and then chased after Seungyoun who started laughing like Spongebob which made me crack up instead of thinking of ways to kill him. 'Sungho!' I cried out after seeing him walking towards us. ​‘You’re a really good dancer!'
‘Thanks.' Sungho smiled as if he genuinely appreciated my compliment.
‘Better than me?’ Sungjoo asked, raising a brow at me.
‘Obviously waaaaaay better.’ I teased. Sungho chuckled as Sungjoo shot me a wounded look with his mouth open in awe.


After a few hours of dance practice to various songs and several performance rehearsals of their own tracks, it was finally the end of the night and everyone was ready to go home. I was casually looking out of the window to admire the night sky when something on the ground caught my attention. No way… I drew in closer and squinted to get a better view. There was a person suspiciously hiding behind a parked car in an eerily similar fashion to the one I had witnessed when I joined them for practice at the YG building. Whether it was the same person or not, I didn’t have a clue but something told me that it most likely was.
‘Chi, are you coming with us?’ I heard Sungjoo ask from behind me. I turned around and stared blankly at him whilst various thoughts buzzed around in my head. What should I do...
‘Oh, it’s okay. Sungho and I were going to head out afterwards.’ I said with a wide smile without realising that Sungho was actually just behind Sungjoo.
‘Were we...?’ Sungho said loudly with a quizzical look on his face.
‘Yes.’ When Sungjoo turned to look at Sungho, I immediately took the chance to repeatedly wink at him. Take a hint please!
‘Oh...yeeeeah. To the place, yes.’ Sungho awkwardly tried to save the flow of the conversation with a sidewards gaze.
‘Alright, well if you need me to pick you up later, call me.’ Sungjoo said before bidding us farewell.
‘I will!’

From the window, I watched from above like a hawk as the guys walked out of the building and entered the carpark. It was very obvious that the person was eagerly aiming the camera at them, most likely taking photos or recording videos, and carefully followed their every step as they made their way to their van. I shuddered at the sight but could not look away. Even when the van drove off, the person still stayed in the same spot and on a closer inspection, it looked like they were reviewing the content on camera. They unexpectedly looked up from the camera and quickly turned their head towards my direction. Startled, I instinctively sat down with my back against the wall to hide myself away from the windows. Surely they didn’t see me...surely...
‘What on earth are you doing?’ Sungho asked as he put on his snapback.
‘Oh, are you done?’ I tried to throw him off with another question.
‘Yep, let’s go then.’ He said, extending his arm out to pull me up.
When we reached the ground floor, I noticed we were heading out in a different direction from when we first arrived at the building.
‘Aren’t we going out the front entrance?’ I asked out of curiosity as I trailed behind.
‘It’s closed. Everyone leaves through the back entrance where the carpark is at this time.’ Oh greeaaattt...
I hid my little self behind the tall Sungho and carefully scanned around for the strange person as we walked out of the building and into the carpark. Did they leave already?
‘Um, is something wrong?’ Sungho questioned with a hint of concern after realising I was basically glued to his backpack.
‘No.’

Actually yes, something is wrong.
 



Author's Note: Hello! It's been a while but finally, a new chapter yaaaaay! *Tried to get this out real quick so don't mind any mistakes, I'll fix them another time hahaha* I hope you enjoyed it. What'd you guys think? Let me know  ~ ヾ(●・◇・●)ノ As always, thank you so much for reading, I'll be back soon I promise! ヾ(o✪‿✪o)シ 

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WENHAN!* 。◕‿◕。