Chapter 4 - Ravi / Wonshik

Brothers
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Hongbin was at his study desk when he turns to the bed where Ravi was lying since hours ago. Ravi wasn’t sleeping which it already quiet odd but reading the conversations Hongbin has share with their Taekwoon hyung through WhatsApp. He found Ravi was acting weird ever since them joining Music club. “Why don’t you text hyung if you miss him that much?” Ravi doesn’t reply. “Wonshik-ah, you know you’ve been acting weird since we found a way to contact hyung but you’re acting weirder since we joined music club. If you have a problem then shares it with me.” Ravi knows Hongbin is being sincere and he can feel a worry in his voices. “Is there anything you keep from me Wonshik?” Ravi tosses Hongbin’s phone to the side, staring to the younger from the bed. He let out a deep sigh as he remembering Leo--- no, Taekwoon’s faces.

“The reasons hyung became mute…” Ravi is pause, staring direct into Hongbin’s eyes. “He became mute because of me.” Hongbin’s eyes grew slightly wider.

“What do you mean?” Hongbin is questions, getting himself to sit on the bed with Ravi. Ravi continues lying on the bed, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath.

“I remember I was almost got myself kill when I play on the cliff. I fell but hyung caught me…” Hongbin furrow his brows. He has never heard this story or maybe he’s really bad of remembering old memories. “He safe me and he fell instead of me. Fortunately hyung fell on a tree branches but his neck are badly injured. The doctor state he couldn’t ever talk again because the damage on his throat are huge.” Hongbin soften his gaze and his hand reach to Ravi’s shoulder, patting it softly. Even though Ravi is closing his eyes, Hongbin could see a tears b in his eyes. “The fact hyung became mute and appa dislike him because of that reason… It was my entire fault. Hyung didn’t tell it was because of me he became like that and I was too afraid to tell appa. H-hyung left the house… it was also because of m-me…”

“Why you never tell me about this?” Hongbin decide he shouldn’t questions about it more when Ravi starting to cry. He hasn’t seen Ravi crying for years and knowing Ravi has grown up with guilt for years enough to break him. He gets to his brother side and embraces the crying boy, muttering comforting words. Now he get it of why Ravi insist that he’s the one will contact their hyung and the reasons of why Ravi didn’t want his photo be taken to show to their hyung. He feels bad for not knowing anything.

“I-It was all because of me—”

“No--- Wonshik-ah, stop it. Everything is fine okay? Calm down.” Hongbin let the older cry, continuously patting his back. After what he feels like hours Ravi stop crying but sniffing instead. Tears are still obvious in his eyes and Hongbin just letting his brother pressing his face onto his chest. Hongbin tighten his embrace. Even though Hongbin is bad with remembering old memories, he did remember Ravi is a crybaby even though he’s older… by three minutes.

“Binie-ah…” Hongbin respond with a hum and Ravi pause for a while. “I… Taekwoon hyung… I found out he’s not mute. He can talk…” Hongbin pull away, brows furrow.

“What do you mean? You said he’s mute?”

“I somehow found out he can talk.” Ravi tells. He could feel Hongbin stare on him and he sigh, picking up the abandon phone and give it to Hongbin. “Try giving him a call.” Hongbin tilt his brows, taking the phone. Ravi nodded to him, assuring him to call their older brother. “Let’s confirm it first.” Hongbin hesitate as he dials the number, patiently waiting as he put it on loudspeaker mode. He clicks his tongue as the other’s line pick up the call. It was silence and Hongbin decide to speak as his eyes never leave Ravi’s.

“Taekwoon hyung… Is that you?” All they hear was a short hum. “Hyung… You can talk… do you?” Hongbin hesitantly ask as he gazes on Ravi who seems to have a mix feeling.

“I can talk. Why?” Hongbin tilt his brows when the voice sound familiar but excitement drives him as he can finally talk with his hyung. “Weren’t you supposed to be mute?” There is a long pause.

“Yes… I was suppose couldn’t talk but somehow I did.” There is another pause. Hongbin watch Ravi is biting his lower lips in worry.

“How?”

“In the car accident… with eomma… Before the crash, I can see another car is coming so I was afraid. I try to shout and my voice did come out but it was more to whispers. It’s become better every each day and I found my voice again. There I can talk…” Hongbin let out a small smile as he sees Ravi sighing in relief. “Why are you suddenly call me and ask me this?”

“Hyung, do you perhaps hating Wonshikie?”

“What?”

“I mean… Isn’t he the cause you became mute and makes appa dislike you?” There they heard a sigh from the other line.

Please log in to read the full chapter