Chapter 1 - Memories

Brothers
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Hongbin got back home just a right time for dinner. He grunts remembering the extra class was extending into two more hours which the class went for 4 hours straight. It’s very hard not to fall asleep during the class and he decides not to remember it again. The first things he saw right after enter the room is the sight of his twin brother; Wonshik is lying on the bed along with his bag enough to make him sigh. He throws his bag on Wonshik purposely to wake him up as he get into the bathroom to wash himself. Right after he come out from the bathroom he has been greet by a pillow being thrown to him but he’s fast enough to catch it. “It hurt dammit.” Wonshik mutter.

“What did I do?” Hongbin ask, throwing the pillow away, ignoring the glare he receives from his twin.

“Do you consider what is in your bag pack first before throwing it right onto my face?” Hongbik shrug. “You’re lucky rascal.” Wonshik mutters under his breath. If it’s not because Hongbin is his blood related brother or to be exact his own twin, he would already beat Hongbin up just like he beat up other peoples who was trying to mess up with him.

“You know I’m precious to you Wonshik.” Hongbin chuckle as he heard a growl from Wonshik.

“I told you to call me Ravi.” Hongbin ignore the older boy, busying himself to dress up into his pajamas. He turns to Wonshik when he feels the older is awfully quiet and grumpy for today. As he could hear Hongbin’s silence question, Wonshik pat a space next to his side which the younger obey.

“Care to share?”

“Do you remember today is eomma’s birthday?” Wonshik ask softly, gazing up to his brother. Hongbin doesn’t reply but darting his gaze on the window.

“Don’t remind me.” Wonshik knows Hongbin intend to not remember anything involving their mother and older brother. The last time they met them was when they are five. It was when their parent got divorce. Their older brother was supposed to stay with them but he insists to follow her because his father dislikes him under a reason he became mute and unable to talk. They learn the fact both of their mother and older brother are dead in car accident when they reaches 17 years old. It’s the memory Hongbin never want and don’t want to talk about it. Wonshik bit his bottom lips before he decide to continue his talk.

“I found out hyung is still alive.” Wonshik pause as Hongbin snap his head and look at him in the eyes. His eyes are wide in surprise. “Uncle Kim told me that Hyung had contact him few month ago.”

“H-how is he?”

“He said hyung manage to survive in the accident and he has been living in the orphanage since then. Uncle Kim went to the said orphanage but hyung has moved out.” He pauses again. He could see Hongbin eyes fill with question but he couldn’t utter any of it. “Hyung didn’t tell him his whereabouts and he… didn’t want anyone to find him.”

“Why?” Hongbin’s voice was crack. His eyes fill with tears. Wonshik pat the younger’s thigh, giving him a small smile.

“We can still contact him though…” Hongbin wipe his tears, gazing at his bother in confuse. “He does leave his phone number to Uncle Kim and I have it.”

--

 

 

 

 

 

In the same night, stood 24 years old man near the window was staring at the night sky. He took a deep breath and all the memories from his childhood rush back to him. The memories he tries to burry away and forgets.

 

He watches his mother bringing her luggage to the doorways and he follows her. He tugs on her sleeve to catch her attention. She kneels down to his side, giving a sad smile but he couldn’t tear his gaze from his mother’s teary eyes. Eomma… He tries to call for her but his voice couldn’t come out so he grip on her hands tighter. “Taekwoon-ah… Please take care of your brothers. I

Please log in to read the full chapter