Chapter 3 - Music Club

Brothers
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Leo was standing in front of his share room with N. He has been standing there for like ten minutes, thinking on how should he handle N. The older would probably keep asking and won’t let him sleep for a whole night. There are two solutions in his mind. First, force N to eat a sleeping pill so he can sleep until morning or second, hit him just right behind his neck to make him fainted. Somehow he’s glad he learns Taekwondo but should he really use violence? He open the door and revealing N on his study desk, papers are all around his bed. “Where have you been this late Leo-ah?” N mutters, his eyes never leave the notes he has been writings.

“Coffee House.” He tosses his bag on his bed; keeping his jacket in the closet as he hope N wouldn’t questions his so much. N doesn’t say anything afterward and it makes him curious to look over his roommate who is busy studying the papers in his hands. “What are you doing?”

“You know we both are the only senior left in our music club for this semester right?” N pause. Even he didn’t look at Leo; he can see Leo was nodding. “You once said you didn’t want to be a leader so automatically I’ll be the leader. To welcoming a new junior in our club, I’ve been planning few activities.” Leo nodded. Their music club doesn’t have many members since the students nowadays are too serious in their studies to even join any clubs. The previous semester they was consist with eleven members but all of them are the senior and all nine of them has graduate, leaving only both of them and the only junior Leo remember is Ken.

“What you have in mind?” N pick up papers he put beside of his desk lamp and turn to face the latter.

“A campfire? We can have barbeque and let them sing at night. We can be closer with that.”

“--- but is there any junior sign up for our club?” He finally asks. He has never seen anyone drop by their music room to apply. He can feel something is off when a smirk appears on N lips and it hit him. He narrows his eyes. “You’re not perhaps forcing them do you?” N merely shrugs and keeps a smile on his face. He let out a sigh. He should’ve expected something like this comes from N. N return on his task and silence fills the room. It’s somehow funny on how he talk so much tonight. “Why aren’t you asking?”

“--- Ask what?”

“Why was I mute? You’re not asking?” N rests his back on the chair and turn to face the younger.

“Well. If you were desperately run away from me this evening, I guess I shouldn’t ask until you tell me by yourself.” Leo remains silent as he watch N smile. “You should take a bath.” Leo remains immobile.

“There was this accident when I was child.” Leo cuts N from he even start to nag to ask Leo to take his bath. N quiet down and wait for Leo to continue his talk. “My neck was badly injured and it effect on my throat. They said I wouldn’t be able to talk ever again but somehow I did.”

“Was it the scars on your neck?” Leo nodded as his hand trails on the pattern of the scars while N only stares on it. N trying not to questions it more. Knowing about this matter already enough for N. He always believes Leo needs someone to lean on when he figure out Leo was an orphan. Since that, he always hopes Leo would lean on him and he glad he did. “You should really take a bath now.”

--

 

 

 

 

 

Leo taps his feet on the floor as he eyeing the empty music room. N has asked him to get there and wait for him and it has been 40 minutes since he gets there and no one is coming. He couldn’t even see N shadow. He has been randomly sing anything until he get bored but still, no one is going to appear anytime soon. Just the time he wants to grab his bag, the door slam open, revealing his roommate dragging a familiar young boy with him. “Sorry Leo, it takes me a lot of time to find this baby.”

“I told you I can’t sing!” He eyes the mention boy who is now pouting, looking around in cautions.

“You just need a vocal training Hyukie and for sake of your pointer I took you in. You should thank me.” Hyuk pout even bigger, tossing his bag on the floor as he settle down on the couch. “Tells Ravi if he didn’t want to die just yet, ask him to come here.” Somehow, Leo feels bad for the upcoming new faces he’ll see around the music room for this new semester.

“--- Where is Ken?” He asks, not trying to say it out loud since he knew N will always heard him.

“Ken said his friend is hunting for a club so I ask Ken to bring him here--- Oh you should see him! He’s handsome!” Hyuk’s face brighten at the word handsome and there is only one person comes to his mind.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter