Their Dreams

I Missed You

"I may make an appearance on some music shows once in awhile if I get the opportunity." I replied to Kamenashi-san's question. "I'm not sure if I want to act in dramas again though. Especially with people as great as you."

Kamenashi-san looked down and smiled. "I'm great? How so?"

"Well, even if two members quit and another is going to quit next year, you're still trying to do things to keep moving on. You know that doing nothing doesn't change anything."

"Reechan, compliment me too... You never compliment me and my accomplishments." Kei-niichan moaned as he put his forehead on my shoulder.

"Niichan, I'm surprised that you've come this far after many members have quit NEWS. Did you feel responsibility as a leader? I don't know, but I'm sure it was difficult." I smiled and put an arm around his shoulders. "You have such a kind heart and it shows in so many different ways in so many different areas. It's just that some people don't recognize or appreciate it."

"Are you two close?" Kamenashi-san wondered.

"We talk everyday during meals since he has work and I'm in my room doing my own thing when he's home. And when I'm not, I'm usually shooting for my music videos or taking my dogs out for a walk. So I won't say that our relationship is horrible or anything. We keep in touch and keep each other updated with what's going on in our lives."

"I think you'd make a great couple if you two weren't related. You seem to be really supportive." He said as he took a sip of his drink. "Do you get asked to help out when another celebrity is troubled? You seem to be the type who gets asked those kinds of things to me."

"Well, I do have a licence in therapy but I've never really been asked to hear out anyone's troubles asides from him and a few of my close friends I kept in touch with." I looked at Kei-niichan. "Niichan, you should stop drinking now. You're nodding off asleep already."

"Are you in love?" Kamenashi-san suddenly asked.

I looked up in surprise. "Love? I'm in love with... I thought how to get around this for a short moment. I love niichan! And songs, meaningful songs. Aaand... Love!"

He smiled sweetly as his deep eyes squinted.

He reworded his question. "What kind of person do you want to marry?"

"Someone, who is accepting, understanding, and patient."

He kept his smile. "I can kinda imagine. You seem to be the kind of person who has to think before responding. I know it has only been a few minutes since we met, but I think we don't need honorifics. We're only like, what? Two or three years apart?"

"I think I'll take the honorifics off when I get to know you better. Not by what you tell me or our relationship, but by who you are."

"In that case, shall we trade numbers?" Kamenashi-san suggested.

"I guess it would be worth it."

 

--------------------

 

Ohno-san sat next to me after a short while Kamenashi-san left home for some rest. There must have been so much going on in his mind with a total of three people quitting.

I couldn't look at Ohno-san properly.

Ohno-san came close to me and he quietly whispered into my ear. "Why didn't you tell him about our marriage when he asked about love?"

"Well, as I told you before, I want to wait. And, I want to surprise everyone. Not only the people we're going to invite to the wedding, but our fans, the society, the world. I was thinking about having the marriage in March or May. What do you think?"

"I don't think it's a bad idea. Why skip April though?"

"Because, you know how they sometimes call rain in April, April Showers? So it kinda gives the image that it rains a lot in April."

"Let's do it in March. Marriage, Showers, then Flowers."

"And then there's graduation in June in eastern America." I chuckled. "I'd always have the test for karate class the day after the last day of school. It brings back memories."

Ohno-san put his head on the table. Seeing that, I rubbed his back and realized the words that have been spit out of my mouth. I didn't want to worry him, but ended up doing so, but I couldn't help but remember what I did as if it was a part of me. It never left me. I may have considered going back multiple times before because of the difference in culture. What I was accustomed to and what they were accustomed to were completely different. The new school year starts in April opposed to August or September in Japan. It was about six months later than when I would start.

He wouldn't move a single bit. He must've fallen asleep.

I was troubled. I couldn't move with Kei-niichan leaning on me and Ohno-san asleep next to me. That was when Sakamoto-san brought a blanket for each of them and had them lay down. I thanked him and apologized for the trouble. He didn't mind at all. He even suggested that I stay over for the night since it was getting late. I thought it would be a trouble but the two were already fast asleep in their dreams and showed no sign of waking up.

I apologized and accepted the offer. In return of this favor, I offered to do the dishes and clean the table. As I did the dishes, he asked questions from the side.

He told me that he wanted to marry as if he was hinting me that he was free, even though our age difference was about seventeen. He was jealous of Kokubun Taichi-san who has revealed to be married with a non-celebrity not too long ago.

I yawned as we continued to chat and clean.

"Yoshimura-san, you have done more than enough for tonight. How about you have some rest?" He pointed to a couch with a blanket, waiting to be used.

"Thank you for your kindness. I hope you had a great time at the party and have a good rest for tonight also. You're a wonderful person. I'm sure you'll find someone soon."

He smiled. "Thank you. I'm sorry I bothered your feelings. Not only that, but you, a guest, did the dishes for me, a host. I'm a failure."

Seeing him look down, I couldn't keep my mouth shut. "Come on, don't say that. It's just that your chance hasn't come just yet. Well, good night. I hope you sleep well. Oyasumi."

"Yeah, oyasumi."

 

--------------------

 

"And I felt that I really changed after the time we've spent together. I feel like I can do anything with you by my side." I heard a voice tell me.

I looked around to see who it was, see who spoke these words to me, but people were walking past me, who was in the middle of the empty space. I stayed in place in case the person got lost in this crowd. I stood, waiting for the person to add something to what he or she said a few moments ago, but there was not a single sound other than the footsteps and the voices of the people going by.

 

--------------------

 

I slowly opened my eyes to see the room already filled with light. My eyes closed again, heading towards darkness until Kei-niichan suddenly yelled into my ear telling me to rise and shine. I opened my eyes in surprise and sprang out of the couch I was sleeping on.

"Koyama-kun, why don't you let her sleep a while longer. She hasn't slept as much as you. She even helped out with the dishes." Sakamoto-san warned.

"But you still woke up earlier than us." Kei-niichan spoke back.

"Don't worry about me. Worry about her health more. And... I gotta admit... She was pretty cute when she was sleeping..."

My legs felt weak and I fell back onto the couch.

"I'm not cute..." I pouted, but then yelled. "Niichan! Why did you wake me up!? I wanted to find out who spoke to me in my dream! But now I can't find out who that person was anymore. What are you going to do? I'm so curious now!"

"Ow, you don't have to slap me. It's just a dream."

"I looked at him with a death stare. Just a dream? Just a dream? I give up on you niichan. I'm so tired. I haven't slept enough. Give me another hour."

"What did I tell you Koyama-kun?"