It Must Be A Dream

I Missed You

"Here. I have cards. You want to play something?" My manager asked.

"No it's okay. I brought games to play in my own. I'm usually alone when I'm home so I have a bunch of single player games."

"Okay. I'll come back when the next filming time comes."

A fake smile. My heart ached. The door opened but from how it opened, it told me that it wasn't my manager. It was...

"Ohno-san..." I whispered to myself.

"Sorry. I should've knocked first. Did I bother you? I heard that you were on your free time now. I just wanted to talk with you for a bit."

I hesitated. "Sure..."

"You can keep playing your game. You looked like you were having fun when I entered." He let out a fake chuckle.

I closed my game, sat up, and looked into his eyes. "O... Ohno-san... You don't have to force a smile. Why do you force yourself to smile?" I looked down.

He paused and looked down as well. "You're able to have so much fun on your own. I want to make you smile but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon. I came because I just wanted to ask you something. Actually, I have multiple questions to ask you. You don't have to answer if you feel uncomfortable. I just want to make things clear."

I opened my mouth. "I have things to ask you too. I have things I want to make clear too. May I ask them first?" I said with the feeling that he was going to ask about me being Tai-chan. "Remember that time we went for like a walk? You whispered a name. If I remember correctly, it was 'Tai-chan'. What kind of person was she exactly? What did you think about her? What do you think about her now? Would you want to meet her now if you could?"

"She was a very small and adorable girl who was very shy. She wouldn't want to let go of me at first. It didn't take long for her to get along with me, but she was very awkward and nervous around others. She visited a couple of times every summer until the year of Arashi's debut but she hasn't visited since then. I think I was already in love with her at that point. She promised that she'd send us letters knowing that we'll be busy. But we didn't receive any letters. It hurt me and it still does considering we still didn't receive a single one from her." I noticed his tears.

I stood up and held his cheeks so that he'll look into my eyes. He looked surprised. I felt my face flush red so I put my arms around his torso. I couldn't hold my own tears back anymore. I shoved my face to his shoulder and he brushed my hair with his fingers.

"I'm sorry I asked such questions. I just couldn't get it out of my head."

Someone else entered the room. I looked up and saw that it was Ninomiya-san. I flinched as he smiled. I hid myself with my hoodie. I didn't like it.

Why now of all times?

"Reena-chan... Please don't corner yourself. You're not the one at fault." I felt two arms around me from behind. This voice was Ninomiya-san.

I lightly pushed him away. "You may think and say so, but it's true that it's my fault. Everything is because of me. There's no one else to blame but myself."

Ninomiya-san stood up as he sighed. "Fine. If you're going to keep on seeing things that way, then do so. I tried to help you. I'm leaving."

What was that about?

I hugged my legs and stuffed my face in the space.

"Reena-chan... Are you Tai-chan? Why are you afraid of people? Did something happen to you in the past? I want to get to know you better. I sense something about you. It's a sense I've felt before 15 years ago." Ohno-san asked the questions he's been wanting to ask.

"People... They're crazy... I don't have any friends. I'm not friends with anyone. I was always alone in school. Even now. I'm usually alone on my own time. They all judge. They tell me to be who I truly am and yet they judge me. I lacked presence wherever I go. I was invisible. Too much has happened. I don't understand why people can't see me."

I suddenly stood up in front of him boldly. Or I thought I was. I was falling backwards. I couldn't feel my legs. I was tired. I still had a bit of jet lag. It was still 5 pm though.

 

--------------------

 

When I woke up, I was in bed. That must've been a dream. Where is this? This must be a dream too. I turned and saw Ohno-san's face. I gasped and fell out of the bed. This wasn't a dream it was reality. I looked at the clock. 7:30 pm.

I borrowed the kitchen to cook something for Ohno-san. Just as I was about to leave, I felt something heavy on my shoulder. Ohno-san's head. My face flushed red.

How did he notice?

"Did I disturb your sleep?"

"Why are you leaving? I've been awake next to you."

"Why am I here, that's what I want to ask you."

"I brought you here, my house. You were fast asleep and I didn't want to wake you up. I knew you still had work today but I couldn't hold myself back. Seeing you sleep reminded me of the old days. It's too cold to be sleeping in the jimusho right? You won't be in your best condition. You shouldn't sleep there. Stay here for a while until you find a place to live."

My eyes widened in surprise. I opened my mouth to say something. But I felt that something wasn't right. "Is that really okay? If someone sees me coming out of your house, wouldn't it be a big deal? Wouldn't there be rumors? Wouldn't I be causing you trouble?"

"Don't worry about those small things. I want you to stay."

His arms went around my waist. I gasped. He pulled me closer to himself.

"Ohno-san, please let go." My voice was shaking.

He turned me so I was facing him. He held my cheeks and looked at me in the eyes. He seemed shocked in my expression. He never thought I'd be blushing this much. I was surprised myself. He held me in his embrace once more.

"May I go to work please?"

"No. You're staying with me for the rest of the day. I don't want you to go. You've already missed about three hours of work. There's no point in going back now."

"But Ohno-"

He interrupted me by putting his index finger on my lips. I received a call. I reached for my pocket but he grabbed onto my hand. Someone entered while we were at an awkward state. Sakurai-san. I pushed Ohno-san away. Sakurai-san looked surprised.

"I guess I'll have to leave then considering Sakurai-san came."

Just as I was about to leave, Sakurai-san stopped me. "I came because of you. The other members will be coming too. Stay. Riida said he didn't mind didn't he?"

This made it harder for me to reject. "But I have work."

"You'll sleep or at least try to sleep there since you still have jet lag if we let you go. So we're not letting you go." Ohno-san hugged me from behind.

"Fine. But let me go to work tomorrow." I pulled away to check my phone.

 

-------------------

 

This is your manager.

Where are you? You've missed so much of your work.

Do you know how much trouble you've caused us?

Contact me if you see this.

 

--------------------

 

I sighed.

How should I reply?

 

--------------------

 

Sorry for the inconvenience manager-san.

I fell unconscious and I was brought to my acquaintance's house. This person doesn't want me to go for today because of the jet lag but I'll get back to work tomorrow.

I'm truly sorry.

 

-------------------

 

"Um... I didn't think anyone would be coming so I only made a meal for one person."

"It's okay, we'll do something about it." Ohno-san patted my head.

The other Arashi members arrived.

"Oh hey it's Reena-chan! What are you doing here? How's work?" Aiba-san was bright as ever that I jumped at his sudden voice.

"Sorry Reena-chan. Did he scare you? Ignore him and get in the room. Relax." Matsumoto-san led me to the living room.

"Stop acting like this is your house guys." Ohno-san chuckled.

I sat on the fluffy couch.

"How do you like the couch Reena-chan? Isn't the living room nice?" Ohno-san sat to the left of me making me feel uneasy.

Ninomiya-san sat on the armrest to the right of me as if to make sure nothing would go wrong. This made me feel even more uneasy. I felt that they'll hear my heartbeat.

"You guys are so unfair. We want to sit next to her too. And isn't sitting on the armrest cheating Nino?" Sakurai-san said as he walked in.

I stood on the couch then sat so that I could rest my chin on my knees and hug my legs. "Sakurai-san... Aiba-san... Matsumoto-san... Ninomiya-san... Ohno-san... Why do you spend time on someone like me? I'm completely different from other female celebrities. It's not only female celebrities. I'm even different from an average woman."

"You just answered your own question for us. You're very different. I think that's a very significant reason for us to be spending time with you. We're able spend time with you like this because you're different. We want to get to know you better. All our fans treat us like we're special just because we're famous celebrities. But you, you saw and treated us as another human being. You treated us like you would treat anyone else, not because you're very shy and introverted, but because you have the ability to do so. You're very observant. You treated us as one person instead of one celebrity. You're not afraid to be yourself." That answer was expected from Sakurai-san.

I felt something heavy on my head.

"Nino, get your arm off of her head. It doesn't seem like she likes it."

"It's okay. I don't mind. I kind of like it since it's all new for me." I smiled.

"If you say so..."

Ring

 

--------------------

 

Okay.

I'm letting you go for today but the next time this happens, you're coming back. You're going to have to make up for the work you've missed.

 

-------------------

 

I'm really sorry. I promise this won't happen ever again.

 

-------------------

 

"Sorry I made you miss your work. I must have caused you trouble."

"It's okay Ohno-san... Don't worry about it, really."

"So... What do you want for dinner?" Matsumoto-san asked out of the blue.

I closed my eyes. I heard a sudden giggle from next to me then I felt a pat. I slightly opened my eyes. Everything seemed blurry. The pat soon turned into a gentle rub.