Fading

I Missed You

I heard their voices and their laughter. It sounded like they were having fun.

"It's almost Aiba-san's birthday." Sakurai-san said since it was going to be aired just a few days before Aiba-san's birthday.

"Oh! That's right! I totally forgot." Aiba-san was laughing hearing that.

"Ohno-san, please send a message to his mother." Sakurai-san said to Ohno-san.

"Mom, I thank you for always giving birth." I heard Ohno-san say.

I smiled imagining Ohno-san say that phrase to the camera as he smiled.

"How many times do you have to say that? You say that every time." Matsumoto-san said laughing.

 

--------------------

 

"This is today's plus one guest!" I heard Sakurai-san say loud and clearly.

I bowed when I reached the top and went down the stairs with a poster.

"Today's guest is Yoshimura Rina-san!"

The crowd yelled and clapped and I hid behind the poster.

"Why are you hiding behind the poster?" Ninomiya-san walked up to me and asked as he took the poster away.

"Are you possibly here for the movie and not the games?" Aiba-san asked.

I shook my head. "Of course I'll do the games. I came to play and have fun!"

"Then why do you have this poster with you?" Matsumoto-san pointed out.

"This is a poster for the drama I acted in called 'Hatsukoi (First Love)'. I can't tell you what it's about though. I don't want to spoil anything for the people who want to watch. It's aired from April 1st, a Wednesday, at 7 pm next year."

"So you did come for your movie." Matsumoto-san said.

"No, it's not a movie, it's a drama I've acted in."

"Either way, you came so early. It's still December! There's still about four months left! If it was a movie then I would kind of understand, but a drama!?" It was always Sakurai-san who says those kinds of things.

"Have you guys possibly forgotten about us?" Matsuoka Shuuzou-san, the leader of the opponent team, spoke up. "And aren't Ohno-san and Yoshimura-san too close together!?"

Ohno-san acted dumb and started looking around as if he heard his name from somewhere else.

"It's you!" Ninomiya-san slapped Ohno-san's shoulder as he laughed.

"Oh hey this is my first time seeing Yoshimura-san laughing. There's a rumor that if you see her smile in person, you'll get good luck." Matsuoka-san said.

"But she's on our team so there's a possibility that the 'good luck charm' you speak of won't work on you." Sakurai-san said.

"Oh that's true." Matsuoka-san said laughing.

 

--------------------

 

The first game was "Pinball Runner" and the opponent was up first. During the talk someone pointed out that I was the only girl during the shooting of the show.

"If you were to go out on a date with any guy here now, who would it be and why?" Sakurai-san asked thinking that I'll give the answer he had in mind.

I looked around for a moment. "It can be from Arashi right?"

"Of course."

"Wait what? Then doesn't that say that she'd date an Arashi member?" Matsuoka-san pointed out but I ignored him and answered with an Arashi member anyways.

"From the people here, I'd go out on a date with Ninomiya-san. A date is usually lasts for one day and I think this goes for everyone. I'd actually want to stay with Ninomiya-san most for one day to see what we'd be able to do during the time we're together. Not only that, but I feel that he'd surprise me with different ideas."

"Is he your type of guy? Would you marry him?" Matsuoka-san asked one of the questions I wanted to avoid most.

"I don't really have a type. I just love the people and things I choose to love. I love Ninomiya-san, but I only love him as a person and a friend so I would not marry him."

"Then who would you marry out of these people?"

I paused and hesitated. My heart was pounding. I could not say that I would marry Ohno-san. I actually will marry him but I couldn't say that. I can't.

"Sorry I asked a difficult question. I didn't mean to."

I looked up at Matsuoka-san.

"Ah... Um... Don't worry about it..." I looked around again and opened my mouth to say something but my voice wasn't coming out.

Everything was fading. I couldn't see well. I thought I was reaching out but at the same time it seemed like I wasn't. I just hoped that it would go away sooner or later.

 

--------------------

 

By the end, it still didn't fade away completely.

I didn't understand how it happened, but we won. I didn't understand what was going on.

"The drama 'Hatsukoi' will be starting on April 1st, 2015 on Wednesday at 7 pm and the first episode will be 15 minutes longer. I know it's in four months but please watch it. It's a very romantic but a very heartwarming drama and it would teach you many great things about life. So not only girls but guys also, please watch this beautiful drama I have acted in. It will allow you to feel the warm spring." I said towards the end.

 

--------------------

 

Ohno-san brought me to Kei-niichan's house knowing that something was unusual about me since the first game of VS Arashi. Ohno-san took a step off the taxi with me and walked me to the entrance.

"Sorry Ohno-san. I didn't mean to cause you any trouble."

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry I can't do anything to help you out. I hope you feel better."

"Thank you. I love you." I gave Ohno-san a hug.

Ohno-san was going to ring the doorbell but I stopped him since I had the key and I knew Kei-niichan was still at work.

"You can go back to work Ohno-san. I should recover by tomorrow."

"Don't push yourself too far like you usually do. I'm rooting for you. I will always be like I always have been. I love you."

"But I've always been causing so much trouble for you, like today. Your schedule had to be pushed because of my health."

"Of course you're always causing trouble. I just don't mind because I love you. I always have. And even if I find something I never knew about you, I'll just accept it because if I love you, then that means I even love the things I don't know about you." Ohno-san's pat on my head turned into a pet and I closed my eyes. He whispered into my ear. "Rest well."

I saw the back of Ohno-san going away into the darkness. I couldn't see it clearly, but I was sure he was moving on to where he wanted to. But at the same time, he was leaving something important behind - Ninomiya-san. Ohno-san was leaving him behind in the past without even knowing. I wanted to yell it out but I knew that he probably wouldn't understand what I would be trying to tell him. He was that kind of person. Very intelligent, but that's what caused him to misunderstand some things that I had so much explanation to do one day. I remember those days very clearly. I smiled at the thoughts and went into a room in which Kei-niichan allowed me to call 'my room'.

He'll find out eventually.