Chapter 3

IOU

"Yuri! Over here!" Taeyeon yelled at the girl walking into the restaurant.


"Good morning Taeyeon, what's the occasion?"


"Does there have to be one for me to treat you out?" Taeyeon chuckled.


"No, but it's...different." Yuri stated suspiciously.


"Just order before I change my mind!" Taeyeon pretended to grab her bag and get up but Yuri was already speeding her way to the nearest waiter.

 


~~~~~~~

 


"Woo, I'm full. Thanks buddy, for the meal I mean." Yuri was skeptical at first when Taeyeon said she was treating her out to a nice meal, but the food in her stomach can't lie. 


"No problem, I'm just in a great mood and wanted to do some good in this society. Anyways can you give this to Tiffany? It's the ten dollars I owe her." 


"Oh? Already? How did you get money so fast? Actually...how are you paying for this meal? Just two days ago you were pleading for ten dollars." Yuri questioned.


"I'm not that broke Yuri, I just didn't have my wallet that day. Plus, turns out I didn't even need it. Some fan sent me jellies."


"Ohhhh...is that so?" Yuri smiled to herself hearing Taeyeon refer to Tiffany.


"Yeah, so anyways please return this to Tiffany?"


"Why don't you return it to her? I think you guys would make great friends actually." There you go Yuri, be one with cupid.


"Well, she doesn't seem to really feel comfortable around me...so can't you help me give it to her?"


It's not that Taeyeon didn't want to make new friends, she just didn't get the feeling that Tiffany wants to be any where near her.


"She's just shy, Taeyeon. Trust me you guys are the perfect match. Give this to her yourself! I gotta run, Jess is waiting for me. I'll see you around, bud."


Taeyeon just waved as she watched Yuri leave the restaurant. I guess it won't hurt to make new friends. Even if they're a bit weird.

 


~~~~~~~

 


"OH MY GOD!!!"


"WHAT IS IT ARE YOU OKAY?! TIFF?! SPEAK TO ME!"


Jessica was dozing off on Tiffany's bed when she heard Tiffany screaming. Thinking she was hurt, Jessica was franticly searching Tiffany's body for any type of wounds. After finding none, she realized Tiffany was staring at her phone.


"Jess...Taeyeon just texted me asking if I'm free friday night!"


"Texted you as in Miyoung or as in Tiffany?"


"As in Tiffany stupid, Miyoung only chats online with her."


Jessica shoved Tiffany off the bed with the nearest pillow upon hearing her teasing.


"Jess, she's asking me on a date isn't she?! What do I wear? Jess, let's go! Get up! We don't have time!"


"Tiff, it's still sunday. We have plenty of time?" Jessica found nervous and frantic Tiffany adorable, but knowing that she will be suffering for the next few days to help Tiffany prepare? She didn't want to think about it.


"Okay you're right. I'll just try to act cool about this." Tiffany was able to pull off a serious look before breaking out into a huge grin again after remembering she's going on a date. WITH TAEYEON!


"WOOOHOOOOOOOO!" Tiffany screamed while fist pumping startling Jessica who was once again dozing off.

 


~~~~~~~

 


After asking for Tiffany's number from Yuri, Taeyeon had messaged the girl to meet up. Taeyeon was surprised at the amount of emoticons the latter used. She couldn't imagine the quiet, shy girl to be so upbeat in text. Well, that's not the main issue anyways. The main issue is that she's been waiting in front of Tiffany's house for the last fifteen minutes now. Patience Taeyeon, patience.


Three more minutes later, Tiffany finally walked out to greet Taeyeon. The girl was wearing heels and a black dress that hugged her in all the right places. Ten out of ten, Taeyeon thought.


"Hey, you look really nice today. Are you ready to go?" Taeyeon asked Tiffany.


"T-thanks and yeah let's go. Where are we going?" Tiffany managed to ask without stuttering.


"Just to the movies. I always watch movies on fridays. It's a good way to become good friends, too. Yuri said she thought we'd make a good match. So if you don't mind I'd like to get to know you better, Tiffany."


Although Tiffany was smiling on the outside, her brain had shutdown. The movies?! She was overdressed and friend zoned. Wow, Taeyeon played me like a guitar. Well, no it's my fault for not listening to Jess.


[2 hours ago]


"Tiff, you really should just go with jeans and a nice blouse! What if you guys go bowling? Plus I already told you! Taeyeon's text said nothing about the word 'date' so don't put your hopes up! I don't want you getting hurt if it isn't one. She could just want to hang out." Jessica stated.


"Jess, I'm not delusional she sent me a wink. A WINK. I want to look hot okay?" Tiffany was too lovesick to think straight or listen to Jessica. Nor did she know the 'wink' she was sent was from when Taeyeon was rushing to leave the house and had made a typo.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I realized that I only get inspiration to write at 2 or 3 in the morning. LOL. Anyways, today's the last day before my midterms so updating will be less frequent. Therefore, I had tried tp update everyday for the last three days. I'm not sure of this stories direction to be honest. I feel bad for Tiffany's character. Next chapter will definitely be some fluff, I owe Tiff that.(;