Chapter Eight

Sparks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Important announcement at the end of chapter :)

 

Irene was currently looking up Canadian dishes on the internet and trying to choose which ones to make. She was sure about cooking up some pancakes with some maple syrup and some bacon, but she felt she needed more. Irene knew Wendy was a homesick and wanted to make a day that took her back home… well, remind her of back home; if Irene could buy them tickets to Canada, she would, but she isn’t rich like Wendy.

“Poutine?” Irene came across a weird looking dish, and it looked extremely unhealthy. “Canada’s national dish,” She mumbled, “Why not?” She said as she wrote down the recipe on her notebook beside her.

“Now I have to take care of a skating date and something else… In Canada they play in the snow like 24/7, right?” Irene thought, “Okay, no they don’t, but they must play in the snow. Wendy also likes hot chocolate, I can make that,” Irene proceeded to write out the coming day’s schedule out on paper.

The next day…

“Unnie, Seulgi and I bought the best of the best cooking supplies and ingredients,” Joy smiled as she set all their supplies on Irene’s kitchen counter.

“The best of the best was expensive too, guess who paid for it all,” Seulgi rolled her eyes at Joy.

“Thanks Seulgi, I’ll return the favor, I promise,” Irene gave her a sorry smile.

“Yah Joohyun,” Tiffany entered the kitchen “What are you doing?”

“Oh, Joy and Seulgi, this is my older sister Tiffany,” Irene introduced them.

“Wow even more friends,” Tiffany smiled, “I never knew Joohyun was even able to socialize well enough to have friends,” She laughed.

“Don’t you have to call your girlfriend or something?” Irene glared at her older sister.

“Oh that’s right! She’s coming back to Korea today, I’ll have to make today really special for Jessica,” Tiffany said as she checked her watch. “I’ve got an hour till her flight lands, I’m going to go make reservations somewhere and wait for her there,” Tiffany told Irene, “Bye, have fun making your surprise for your girlfriend,” Tiffany teased. Joy couldn’t hold back her laughter, earning a hit from Seulgi.

“She’s not my girlfriend officially!” Irene pouted, “Now hurry up and leave,” Tiffany bowed to Joy and Seulgi and took her leave.

“Okay guys, today we’re making poutine and pancakes, we should be done by eleven,” Irene looked at the two younger girls. “Wendy will be here by eleven. Then we’ll eat pancakes as late breakfast, then we play in the snow. My cousin owns the skating rink nearby, so she gave it to me for an hour. Then we come back here and drink hot chocolate and eat poutine,”

“Are we coming with you?” Joy asked.

“Yeah, of course you can,” Irene nodded.

“No, no, no. This is your special date with Wendy. Joy and I can go off and do our own thing. Wendy deserves a great time. Seungwan is probably sick of me and Joy, she’s only had us for years and now she’s got you.” Seulgi said as she got ready their supplies.

“For once Seulgi is right,” Joy joked, earning a glare from Seulgi, “Go and make Seungwan officially your girlfriend,”

Irene only stayed silent and smiled.

An hour into it, Irene burned five pancakes and only made three decent ones.

“Here unnie, I’ll take care of this, you go work on the poutine with Seulgi,” Joy laughed.

“Thanks Sooyoung, really.” Irene smiled at Joy and Joy could only nod back because even though Irene didn’t say much, Joy understood.

Joy and Seulgi left the moment Irene got a text from Wendy she was on her way, and Irene was starting to get ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter