Chapter Two

Sparks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene didn’t like where she was sitting in her new class, she was at the second last row. Irene wanted to be at the very back, she felt uncomfortable knowing that there were people behind her. She knew people would be staring at her, she was the new kid. Irene was never supposed to move, but then after the year-worth of stories Tiffany brought home about Seoul, her parents decided to move there. Tiffany was ecstatic about it, and moved back in with her family right away. She got really homesick that year, and Irene really missed her older sister.

Class would start in fifteen minutes and Irene didn’t want to sit in silence, so she got out her phone and sent a quick text to Tiffany.

“Unnie, how’s work?”

“Yah, you’re class is going to start soon. Stop going on your phone,” was the reply she got back, but she received another right after, “Oh and work is okay,” Irene mentally rolled her eyes at her sister. Unfortunately, her train of thought was ruined when someone sat beside her. Irene took a quick glance and saw a girl put down her notebooks. The class was filled with rows of threes so she knew that someone else would sit beside this girl that had just sat beside her. Irene mentally sighed knowing she would have to listen to two girl’s conversations, and to her dismay another girl did sit beside this girl that just sat beside her.

“Hey Seulgi,” she heard a girl that just came in say.

“Let me guess, you were late by fifteen seconds today,” the girl named Seulgi said.

“No, even worse, I was late by twenty three seconds.” Wendy said.

“You’re really weird Wendy,” Seulgi laughed as Wendy sat down. Without Irene noticing, Wendy pointed at Irene, silently asking Seulgi who she was, and Seulgi only shrugged in response. She only mouthed the words, ‘new girl.’ Wendy thought about her unnie’s suggestion of making a new friend, and this girl was silent. She looked reserved and just as fine-cut as Wendy, and Wendy was slightly relieved about that.

“Uh hey, you’re new here right?” Seulgi awkwardly cleared so this new girl would notice.

“Yeah,” she quietly responded.

“Well I’m Seulgi and that’s Seungwan,” Seulgi pointed to Wendy, “Oops, I mean Wendy,” Seulgi nervously laughed when she saw the quick glare Wendy gave her.

“And you would be?” Wendy asked.

“Joohyun, but call me Irene,” Irene tried to give them a smile, and then mentally sighed afterwards realizing how awkward she was. She knew she couldn’t go through this new school friendless, so she decided to at least get on good terms with some people so if she needed something she could maybe ask some people for help.

Irene listened to the two girls’ conversation, it wasn’t eavesdropping, and it isn’t like any of their conversation registered into her mind. Wendy seemed so energetic and loud when she talked to Seulgi. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter