Chapter Five

Sparks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh hey! A music store!” Wendy dragged Irene to a small store at the market and went in with a smile. Irene recognized this store very well. Wendy looked through all the instruments and found a guitar and picked it up. She struck the strings to see if it was in tune and smiled at the sound she produced.

“You play guitar too?” Irene asked as Wendy found a little stool to sit on.

“Yeah,” Wendy simply answered before testing out some chords. Soon she started playing and her voice sung along.

 

 So much about this crazy game they call love

 That I'm trying to understand

 So could you be my best friend

 Before you call yourself my girl

 

Why can't I love you in slow motion, take my time?

 Take away the pressure on my mind

 Really get to know you per rewind

 I wanna love you in slow motion, why can't I?

 

Irene had no clue what the hell Wendy was saying, but she felt her little performance and her heart worked faster when Wendy hit a note in falsetto, or when she closed her eyes and swayed to the music, or when she smiled when she got a chord right, or whenever really. Irene noticed then that Wendy was really beautiful, not the beautiful where you see a pretty girl and say she’s beautiful because it’s just manners, but the beautiful where you see someone who people don’t always see as perfect, but you do and the thought goes through your thoughts 24/7. Not a loud beautiful or something that jumps out at you, but a gentle beautiful that let itself ease into you and run through you so you would never forget it.

When Irene saw Wendy like that, the world around her melted away just like how Wendy’s voice melted warmly into her ears. Irene knew Wendy would be occupying her thoughts a lot from this point on and she wouldn’t be able to get good sleep for a while.

“Awwwwwwh, that was so cute,” a loud voice along with the sound of clapping hands broke the comfortable silence that lingered for a split second after Wendy’s little performance.

“Oh jeez, here we go…” Irene sighed, “Wendy, this is my older sister, Tiffany. She works part time in this store,” Irene nervously smiled.

“Nice to meet you,” Wendy bowed.

“The same to you. That was a really cute performance, was that for my little Joohyun here?” Tiffany asked in English.

“You speak English?” Wendy answered back in her mother tongue.

“Well yeah, I lived in America for a bit, but Irene hasn’t so she doesn’t know what we’re saying,” Tiffany smiled, her eyes turning into crescents in the process.

“Well, I just like that song,” Wendy looked down. She was lying; she knew tons of other songs, but that one just came up into her mind when Irene was with her.

“Yeah right,” Tiffany laughed, “Well, if you’re going to date my Joohyun, treat her well, okay?” Tiffany teased.

“Hey, what are you guys talking about?” Irene interrupted.

“Just about the song she was singing,” Tiffany looked innocently at her younger sister, causing Wendy to smile a bit, “It was called Slow Motion, right Wendy-ssi?” Tiffany looked back at Wendy then at Irene again, “You should search up the translation for it Joohyun, it’s about a girl and how she wants to love her partner in slow motion,” Tiffany smiled. Wendy went wide-eyed and blushed.

“Are you a secret romanticist or something?” Irene looked at Wendy.

“So this isn’t the first time she’s done something cheesy like this?” Tiffany nudged Irene.

“Not funny unnie. Shouldn’t you be calling your girlfriend by now or something?” Irene glared at her older sister.

“Oh that’s right, Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter