Chapter One

Sparks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Son Wendy is awfully into classical music, especially when she has her nose in a good novel. She enjoys classical music the most when she’s playing it herself, whether it’s on the flute or on the piano or any instrument really. Wendy’s quite reserved actually; it’s as if she was raised with the sharpest scissors so that every fibre of her being was fine cut. Despite her loudness and dorkiness with her friends, only two friends actually, she wouldn’t be able to hold a proper conversation. Prim, proper, polite and punctual is Wendy’s motto. It’s her version of ‘living life to the fullest,’ and her two friends are more than okay with it after several weeks of knowing Wendy. Besides her two friends, Seulgi and Joy, she only found peace in her books and classical music. Those things are the only things that make so much noise that she could tolerate her entire life.

So when a quiet girl, like Bae Joohyun, entered Son Wendy’s life, she didn’t expect such loud music. She expected someone as reserved as her. Instead Wendy received extremely strong drinks, action-packed movies, and snappy dance moves. Joohyun, also known as Irene, (she preferred it much more), was rough on the edges and unexpectedly loud. She filled Wendy’s organized thoughts with her smile and it drove the latter haywire. The worst part of it all was that Irene loved dubstep. Dubstep. Wendy certainly didn’t expect that. Her classical music was the total opposite of Irene’s dubstep and when they played their music, Wendy was a bit annoyed that her classical music was put into the shadows by dubstep.

Irene enjoys dancing, especially dancing to dubstep. It’s like she has a hunger for the genre and it can never be filled. To Irene, chugging down a can of soda after a long session of dancing is one of the best habits she has ever accumulated. She especially likes going home after a long day and watching an action movie; Irene is a little weird like that. She’s quite rough actually. Despite Irene’s brief and blunt ways of talking, Irene’s a childish dork. Her older sister Tiffany, also known as Miyoung, (Irene loves her sister’s Korean name), says Irene is a like a bomb that only goes off around things she’s comfortable with. Irene agreed completely; she was a bomb, someone who ignited fires within peoples’ minds.

So when Irene saw Son Wendy, a girl who was all smiles and was extremely loud with another girl, she expected someone as rough as her. Turns out she was the total opposite. Irene was met with re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter