Chapter Four

Sparks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s go to the arcade,” Irene said to Wendy as they walked to class. Seulgi was sick and Joy was currently on vacation.

“When?” Wendy said as they kept walking.

“Now,” Irene stopped in her tracks.

“What?” Wendy stopped as well, “As in now? As in skip class?” Wendy’s eyes were as big as plates.

“Of course, it’s not a big deal,” Irene shrugged her shoulders.

“But class and learning and school,” Wendy pointed to the direction of their class.

“I’ve seen your homework Wendy, you’re way ahead of the lesson plans,” Irene reasoned with her. Wendy could only stay still and Irene took the opportunity to grab her by the hand and drag her out of school.

“I can’t believe we’re doing this,” Wendy said as they were now in front of the arcade.

“Thanks Seungwan-ah,” Irene used aegyo on Wendy and Wendy swore her mind melted at that moment.

“You owe me,” Wendy said as she was dragged into the arcade. Wendy knew she was going to regret this; her guilt would eat her up. How could she let Irene convince her like this? There was school to worry about and what if they miss an important lesson? Wendy couldn’t afford her grades to go down. She needed to make sure her parents were satisfied, and that she met their standards. Wendy had to make sure she met her self-expectations too; she wanted to get a scholarship and graduate with first class honors. Wendy needed pressure and stress. She lived engulfed in it.

“Hey, are you okay? You’re a little tense,” Irene looked at Wendy with a concerned expression and Wendy realized her grip on Irene’s hand was tight.

“Oh, I’m sorry…” Wendy mumbled and let go of Irene’s hand.

“Is everything okay?” Irene pushed further, “We can go back to school if you want,” Irene suggested with a small smile.

Wendy looked at Irene for a good amount of time and remembered the passion she saw in her eyes when she danced. How hard she danced to the bass, how rough she looked, and how carefree she looked. That’s when Wendy realized that Irene was warm like her, and that they were both passionate, but they different. Wendy knew she would never have that roughness like Irene, or her confidence that exuded from her. Irene’s passion had no boundaries and ran through her veins with such vigor. Not only did Wendy see the life in Irene’s eyes, she felt it.

“Why would we go back to school? Let’s play a bit here,” Wendy smiled brightly and walked up to some video game with flashing lights. Irene could only laugh.

 

“I will get you a stuffed animal,” Wendy said as she concentrated on the game in front of her. It was the claw game. Wendy was controlling the claw and attempting to get a purple teddy bear. “Purple is your favorite color, right?” Wendy asked to clarify.

“Yeah,” Irene could only smile as she stood, hands in her pockets, as she watched the other girl. Irene realized she was smiling a lot today.

Wendy almost got the teddy bear in the chute but it dropped right before she got it. She pouted and grabbed another coin from her wallet.

“Wendy, you don’t have to do this you know,” Irene felt a little bad Wendy was so determined on some bear for her.

“But I do Joohyun-ah,” Wendy was focused on the game once more. Irene chuckled as she saw determination on the girl’s face.

Irene liked how Wendy was so determined; she saw it when the latter played piano. Irene would never be able to be so patient with such intricate melodies. She could tell Wendy was extremely patient. Irene felt even worse when she remembered how tense Wendy was when going into the arcade, she could tell she hated the idea, and she could tell Wendy decided to go for her. Wendy was considerate, intricate, patient, and Irene saw it all in her eyes. When Wendy played piano that day, she could feel the emotions that ran through Wendy into the piano keys. Irene saw so much life and warmth when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter