The Journey

Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     “Hey! Hey! Hey!”

     A constant call-out followed Dari as she gets down the stairs and heads to the main door. “Where are you going, Miss?”

     Dari drops her shoulders and spins her body around; JungSoo was sitting in his favourite spot in the living room, by the fireplace, taking a feel of its warmth while he reads through old scrolls.

     “And why do you have such a big bag to carry? Are you moving out?”

     “Didn’t I tell you like 4 days ago that I would be away this weekend?”

     JungSoo takes a pause for he clearly does not remember, meanwhile DoBi was sitting on the other comfortable couch while he plays earnestly on his console. “Yes she did, hyung” the youngest one says. “And you even said yes”

     “Did I really?”

     Both younguns nodded their head. Can vampires still suffer from memory loss really? When they’re not aging already.

     “But where are you going then? Are you taking you sister with you?” he says craning his neck up to check on Bom who was busy out in the garden talking with someone on the phone.

     “I’m just going to my old place” She says - The place where she originally lives, where everything started. “And alone… I just strongly believe I need a trip down memory lane for our anniversary”

     “You wouldn’t able to forget him more if you did that, Dari”

     “I know… but it’s what I need right now”

     The room suddenly turned silent and serious that DoBi’s tapping sounded like he was smashing buttons, and Bom’s voice from the outside can be overheard through those glass windows. JungSoo understands where Dari’s feelings are coming from.

     He knows that no matter how much he tells her to move on, she won’t. A woman’s heart is as deep as the ocean, and if it’s true love it is, it’s endless.

     “Better be careful on your way, okay, Noona?” DoBi says, genuinely wishing her the best. “And make sure to bring home some treat”

     “Treat? No problem. What does our baby want?”

     “A new cap please, or a shoe, or a shirt. Any souevenir”

     “She’s just going to the mainland not in another country, DoBi” JungSoo pointed first, and then gives the other the go signal. “Just get home safely alright?”

     “Nae…”

     “And if you run into Kims again what will you do?”

     “Just ignore and walk away”

    “Good. Now run along, so you wouldn’t reach night time on the road” 

     It sounded like as if Dari is an small child, being told not to get lured by strangers with candy, it’s pathetic. But they always have followed him. However today happens to be an exception, for before she has trailed the path to her destination. She passed by the falls again to meet with Hero.

     “Wow. So late, kid” he says coldly.

     “I’m just 3 minutes late. Would you have died in that 3 minutes of waiting?” she answers.

     Hero jumps off the tree and again as he always does lands perfectly in his feet without any imbalance. He wasn’t carrying any luggage with him –what is there to bring anyway?

     Dari is the only one who has stuff to bring along with her.

     On the other hand, Dari is quite, surprised he would show up though. When she told him about bringing her to Cloud, it was the oddest request she can ever ask for, and worst it’s to a Kim.

     At first, Hero constantly said no and even laughed hysterically about it - telling she’s too desperate.

      But she was desperate.

      She really wanted to see her ex-fiance and talk to him about something. And today it clearly shows how she’s grateful and relieved he’s here to accompany her.

     “What made you come today?”

     “I’m just bored. And curious what trouble are you up to”

     “It’s no trouble”

     “Hm-mm…” The young Kim scans his eyes on her from head to toe and snorts in dismay.

     “What?” she asks.

     “You’re going up to your ex-fiance wearing like that?” he says in a dubious tone.

     It is crucial for the both of them to wear heavy coverings just to protect them from the sun, especially when they reached the main road (where the land mark is) where no forests or even trees to shade them.

      But Hero atleast expected she would wear a dress under a trenchcoat or cape, instead Dari is wearing a plainer looking attire that shows no feel of femininity in her.

      And yet she still oozes beauty.

     “Why? What’s wrong with it?” she asks.

     “Nothing” he says while shaking his head. Truly, she is different from any other girls out there. He thought, “I just realized no wonder why Cloud has no intention of taking you back” he blurted out passing by her.

     “Mo!? What did you say?!” she exclaims following him as they start their walk.

     There was no need to ride any vehicle for them, for they would be jumping cliffs, and walk inside forests and climb mountain, and at the same time it would be easy to hide once they run into someone unexpected

     However… even if Dari has the fastest legs in all vampire community, she is still slowed with an awfully massive amount of time. Her travel buddy is so chic and blasé, he walks one step forward per 10 seconds.

     “Aish chincha… Can you walk faster? It’ll take us days to get there if we continue this” Dari exclaimed just the first two hours of their journey.

     “Ahbwoya. You’re already troubling me by dragging me along with you and now you’re asking me to walk faster?” Hero says.

     “A turtle can even reach the Lee Council’s place first before us”

     “Then if you’re such in a hurry why don’t you just go ahead, it’s you who has fast legs anyway”

     “If I only knew it’ll be more bothersome to drag you, I should have just memorized the directions” she hisses. “Can you just repeat it again so I can leave”

     “I don’t want to”

     “Why????”

     “I’m too lazy to recite it it’s so long”

     “How lazy can you be?” Dari complained and slapping her hand on his arm. “Just tell me come on so we can be both saved from this misery”

     “Why are you such in a hurry anyway? Did Cloud do anything that’s why you’re in the urgency to get there quick?”

     “It’s none of your business” Dari says looking away.

      “Hmm let me guess, did he say he decided to burn his face so you’ll no longer see Dae in him?”

      “Whoa. How brutal can you be?” Dari says surprised, and hopeful that never happens.

      “There must be some catch definitely. You called him Cloud when you always call him Dae” Hero says, looking with deep interests.

      Dari bites her lower lip. So he has catch on that huh. But she chooses just to brush it off coolly. “Rather than thinking of some ridiculous things, can you just walk faster please?” she hisses walking away. "It's your job to lead the way"

     “But haven’t you been in the Lee Council before? When you went to meet Cloud the first time too?” Hero starts to speak out his wondering why he needs to come along.

     “Yeah. But that time, JungSoo brought me blind folded. And when I left, I was unconscious. So I really didn’t grasped anything”

     “Then why me though? Why didn’t you bring any of your Council members with you?” he asks. “I’m pretty sure JungSoo knows it, and Bom for she had been called there already, and DoBi is a smart kid, for sure he has figure out the location”

      Dari shakes her head continually. “JungSoo doesn’t want me to go there. DoBi, the kid is too nice he follows JungSoo’s order all the time, so he would report it to him immediately once they knew where I’m going” she says. “And Bom… she’s busy plotting on something”

     “Something?”

     “A revenge on your sister”

      Hero side eyed her and sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter