Little Feelings

Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The two were staring at each other under that low light beaming on their faces. In Hero’s head, he keeps pondering on what Dari’s thoughts might be now that she seems to have forgotten a huge part of her memories.

      “What do you mean of… and so is your relationship?” He repeated, wanting her to clarify.

     “I mean. Dae and my relationship” the girl states innocently with her eyes battling. “That we’ve long broken up… Why?”

     “And when did you realize that?”

     Curiosity existed in Dari’s face seeing Hero’s serious face as he continues his questioning but in return she still answers them truthfully. “The moment he became Cloud… Why?”

     “So in your head, you have let go off Dae ever since you saw him in the Lee Council and that he has forgotten all about you”

     “Nae…” she murmured. “Why? Am I supposed to be not over him?”

     Does that mean the memories of her continuing loving and hoping for Dae to come back has been erased? The two years of her waiting just became two years of living as a vampire?

     “What Is your reason to live on as a vampire then?” Hero asks, curious if she can remember about waiting for Dae.

     “Hmmm… To protect humans from being killed by Kims and other wild vampires?”

     “That’s it?”

     “Yeah…” She mumbled. Hero is acting rather strange, different from the usual image of him that she sees, and what’s with all the constant queries really.

     What am I missing? “Ya. can you answer my questions next? How many times have I already asked why and you just ignored them all”

     Hero’s head starts to hurt thinking about it. It’s too confusing and beyond what he can comprehend. He has a lot of questions to ask her more however he realizes he’s way too engaged on the matter when he practically shouldn’t.

     Why would he get involved anyway? He just came along with her because he is bored and wanted to check on the Lee Council’s place.

     Not just because he saw her in the hands of the Council he should be worried and help her. He thought. Enough for someone else to fill in and to start a new life in? Tss… Does that Cloud person really think I would even take that part? He must be kidding…

     It’s too much for Hero’s hands – thus he is uninterested. Besides, Dari said she believes their love is strong and true that eventually she will come around again and remember everything. So why would he even bother?

     Hero isn’t too sure on whether to tell her about Cloud erasing her memories, but he doesn’t want to meddle in more. If he says it, it feels like as if he cares and he doesn’t want her to think that.

     In the end, he chooses not to tell her and let her figure it out on her own.

 

     After a few more walks, Dari has gotten better – not entirely – but she can finally stand on her own, relieving the burden off Hero’s shoulders.

     She jumps off his arms and dusted her clothes. “Aiggoooo” she exhales heavily, expressing her great disbelief that she would be carried by him. But somehow she’s grateful that even when he hates it, he didn’t leave her behind.

     She still can’t remember how and where they’re journeying to. If what he says is true about them going to Lee council place… Did something happen in there then?

     Hero’s hands are shoved inside his pockets, looking cool while he leads the way, and behind him Dari lazily followed. Her body feels totally exhausted and her energy is drained, she can’t wait to get home and be embraced by warm sheets.

     Compared to their endless bickering that they had earlier that day, now they’ve gotten awfully quiet. No one was making any sounds, even their footsteps are light. Dari brought out of her phone to check what time it is, and in her screen showed several messages pending to be read.

     Most of them are from her clan members, unsurprisingly, asking how she’s doing and confirming her return. But the time of her arrival is unknown, judging on the speed their pace is. It is most likely to take much time.

     Halfway their quiet travel, Hero starts to go slower… and miserably slower, until it hit the point where they have fully stopped. Dari glanced at the body standing before her in wonder.

      “Why did we stop?” she asked.

     Hero turns around, lifting his shoulders and drops them down, cracking the bones of his neck. “Let’s rest for a while” he says,

     “Oh why~” she cries. “What time will we arrive then if we stop now? And why do we need to rest for?”  

      “I’m craving” he says coolly, brushing his hand through his hair. “I need to fuel myself”

     Her eyes darkened, annoyed by the fact that he would put a halt on their travel just because he couldn’t control his cravings. But it’s somehow understandable, especially because he is a Kim, they naturally hunt regularly, like daily or every other day, thus to have a day pass without blood might be hard for them.

     Dari has no choice but to go alone with it.

      “Then go hunt a deer or something” she suggested crossing her arms on her chest.

     “That’s not enough” he replies .

     “Well then eat two deers if you can find two or three if you’re that thristy”

     “Ani… All I need is one human and I’m satisfied”

     Dari sniggered in ridicule, they’re in the middle of a huge forest, how can he possibly find a human here. She’s relieved though, atleast she won’t witness a wild act from him.

     But then, as she walks a few steps away from him to scout the area for any possible deers, a scent of smoke suddenly soared. And it was coming from the west.

     Their heads automatically have turned to that direction. And Hero’s lips starts to twitch upward. “Bonfire” he says.

     Bonfire = campers.

     Campers = humans

     Humans = Hero’s dinner

     And without a second to waste, Hero suddenly disappeared from where he stood. “Y…Ya!!” she shouts as she chases him down the smoke trail.

     It was a meters away, distant from their course. But there’s no stopping a hungry vampire on taking this detour.

     Hero decided to jump up on a sycamore’s branch to get a larger and broader sight, while Dari… she too chooses to go up to stop him.

     Out in the open, by the river, a tent was assembled and a pyre was built for their fish dinner. It is midnight and the campers still looks awake.

     “Ya. Don’t do it” Dari whispers lowly.

     “Why? I told you I’m craving”

     “I can’t just let you bite them”

     “They’re not from WinterGate so it’s okay” Hero says, basing his observation by the humans’ scent. He has never sensed it before, thus they do not live in town. If they are they would be familiar.

     Silly may it sound but Kims have memorized the town’s people’s scent, just to prevent them on making mistakes.

     “Still! I don’t want to see you slay a human right before my eyes”

     “Then go ahead and leave me alone” he says, pushing her off slightly away from him. His body is positioned firmly, getting ready for his action till he sees the human.

     Dari didn’t waver and stayed beside him, she worries that maybe he gets too rough and does more unnecessary things.

     After a while, the sound of zipper was heard, and finally the human comes out of the tent.

     It was a woman.

     She was wearing clothing from head to toe but her hair tied up highly exposing her neck. The wind blew hard carrying her scent along and oh boy did she make both Dari and Hero stiff.

     Dari had to quickly look away for she too strongly acknowledges that the woman smelled delicious.

     Too delicious that makes their mouth water.

     A haughty smile drew on Hero’s face, pleased to know he’ll be having a tasteful snack. His beast mode is on, bones cracking, eyes so red and fierce, Dari shuts her eyes tights as she also finds herself tempted. But no… she doesn’t easily give in – she distracts herself on thinking about how she would stop Hero instead.

     Hero his lips as he gets excited for this hunt. He wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter