Unmatched

Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Hero walks back across the field to where he had left his sister, Red. He takes his jacket and hangs it over his shoulder.

       “You do know that’s Dari’s current best friend, right?” Red says while chewing bubble gum. “She’ll kill you if she finds out”

       “Please” Hero hisses, like how can she doubt his skills. He’s way stronger than Dari and besides, he won’t be caught. He’s best on hiding his presence.

       “What if the Lee Council catches you?”

       The guy confidently shakes his head. “They’re busy looking for any other wild vampires on the loose. They’ll barely have time to watch over us”

       Red rolls her eyes and chuckles. She can tell Hero is just craving for some action, hunting the next village isn’t satisfying enough. Kims can be described as free spirited, even though they follow Lee’s rules, they still get to do things they want to. And there’s only two major things they love in this world: Blood and Fighting.

       Ever since Winter Gate existed battles have become rare between the two clans. They still hate each other, but they don’t settle it on the battlefield anymore like before, in fear that humans will find out about them.

       “Well, atleast you got the good one” she says, acknowledging how delicious Jessica seems to be.

       “Why? You got that Choi dude, didn’t you?”

       She made a screech sound on . “That guy has his guard up so high, I can hardly make a move. He’s got a crucifix in his car!”

       Hero laughed. “Well he looks like a kind lad, anyway”

       “Yeah. And besides I’m only trying to piss Bom off”

        The two went inside the building side by side, and how sparkling they’ve become walking down the hallways like in a fashion week red carpet. Their schoolmate’s eyes glued on them and jaws dropped open in awe. Both were so charismatic, hearts can’t help not to flutter.

       Although, a babe with the same blood-hair like Red, is seen standing at the end of the hallway, with her arms crossed over her chest looking at them as if they’re roaches.

        “Hey Bom-Bom” the Kim member greeted, stopping in front of her.

        “How many times do I have to say stop calling me Bom-Bom”

        “Guess you heard someone got to second base last Friday huh?”

       Second base?

        “Stay away from Simba, Red”

       “Why? It’s not like he’s yours” she swings her hair and ily caressed her hand through it. “And besides, he seems to have enjoyed it”

       “Stay away if you don’t want me to hurt you”

       Red smirks and takes a step closer to Bom, leaving a few inches gap between their faces. “Me? I think it’s you who’s gonna get hurt, Bom-Bom. Seems you are right now. Why?”

       Bom stayed put, not letting herself be affected by her words. She kept her face straight and high, staring at the girl’s face intently.

       “Wait… Is it because of the fact that Simba prefers to be with me? Because I’m y and can give him more fu---”

       Bom pushes her away by the shoulders and about to follow it with a punch, but then a hand quickly stopped her from doing so. “Ya, this is not a place to fight” Dari says. “People are staring”

       Altogether they looked around and indeed these students have been watching them all along, it’s pretty unusual to see the gorgeous people in the campus having a conversation. Bom placed her hand down, and tried to stay calm.

      Dari then hugged the files she’s been holding. It’s a relief she has arrived on time or who knows.       The Parks care for humans and deem to protect them, whoever they may be. Bom’s reaction today is just a bit more aggressive this time because she’s friends with Simba. Thus it is understandable, but truly the school isn’t a place for such quarrel.

       “Wanna deal with this outside?” Red says.

       “Aniyo. I ain’t gonna fight you” Bom says, brushing her hair to the back. “We are mature and smart not to get tangled with your crap”

       “Ever? We’ll see about that” Red stretched those red bright lips of hers into a smirk then glances strangely at Dari. “Let’s go, Hero.” Snapping her fingers and starting to leave the ladies be.

       Her words left Dari sceptical but Bom just clicks her tongue and faces the opposite way, dragging her sister by the arm. “Aish chincha! No wonder why we hate them!” expressing her frustrations by the screeching of her voice.

       “If I didn’t come you probably have ripped her skull out huh?”

       “Totes. But thank heavens you’re here. Or else jungSoo will hear about it again and then he’ll start this idea that I’m being a school delinquent or something for calling nasty things towards my teacher and picking a fight on stupid kids” Bom says.

       “What do you think Red’s last words mean though?”

       “Which one? The Let’s Go, Hero?” Dari slumped her shoulders. Seriously? Bom laughs apologetically, wrapping her arms to Dari’s tighter. “That’s nothing. You know her. Just being red. Whop. I forgot I have to go to music room today”

       “Tsk tsk and yet you have time to pick a fight? Kaja~ Leave now~”

       “Are you sure you don’t need a help on those?” Bom asks pointing at the files Dari was carrying.

       “Nae. Theatre club room is just around the corner anyway” Dari smiled.

       Her sister bids farewell and runs down the stairs, meanwhile Dari continues to run her club errands then after that goes to her next class – English.

       Despite Bom’s reassurance that Red’s words maybe just some random crap, she can’t help feel odded by it. Especially seeing Hero all deep in thoughts and behaving in class. But then again.

       What is there to worry about, Dari? They’re probably not thinking about attacking Winter Gate, right? What power do they have? She thought -- shaking her entire body to shoo what bothers her away.

       

 

 

       ***Krrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggg……***

       The school bell rings for dismissal, Dari stretched out her arms wide as her classes are over. What a tiring day it was, she barely had a lunch break due to side projects from her club, she needed to get them done before the day ends.

       It was relief she was successful though, she placed the file papers on the desk inside the club’s room for the president to sign.

       “Thank you, Dari” he says charmingly, scanning them one by one. “You don’t have to wait for them, go home ahead and I’ll be the one to submit it in the office, nae?”

       “Are you sure?” Dari asks. She doesn’t mind if she runs the errands, she still has a lot of free time and besides Bom still have cheerleading practice today, it will take a while before it gets finish. Atleast while waiting, she’s doing something right?

       But the club president told her several times that it’s fine, that eventually she no longer insisted.

       She peeks at the gymnasium door and sees how they’re already starting and not wanting to be ever disturbed, she then decides to enter the restroom just to check on herself and gussy up.

       “Hey did you hear?” A few students start to converse in front of the mirror, catching up on the latest news and gossip while brushing her hair and retouching their makeups. “Hero asked a girl out?”

       “girl?” all ears were attentive, even Dara’s just from the odds of it ever happening.

       “Yeah” the gossiper announces. “He asked her this lunch time to walk her home today”

       “Impossible! Hero isn’t interested in any girls!” one girl was in great denial to know her crush is liking some girl now.

       “Girl! Trust me, I saw them walk into the woods just now” one girl butted in, her hands gesturing widely to make it more convincing. “Hero was leading the way, holding the girl’s hand”

       “Who’s the girl?”

       “I’m not quite sure, but she seems to be a sophomore, she’s wearing a P.E uniform today and her hair high up in a bun” the witness pointed out, and even menitoned the number painted on the back of her P.E shirt. “22”

       Dari suddenly froze recognizing who’s number it was, and like the girl earlier, she was in complete denial. Ani… that can’t be… It can’t possibly be her right?

       “Ah I know who 22 is!?” the other claps her hands. “Jessica sunbae! Jung Jessica…”

       The hairs of the three or four girls gathered in the restroom suddenly was blown, they’ve been combing it for all that while and now it is messed up again. They wondered where the wind came from, the door and windows aren’t open, but there’s one thing they noticed missing.

       Dari’s already gone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter