Hero's Key

Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Dug…
          Dug…
               Dug…

     “Ya”

          Dug…

     Dug…

     A person clicks her tongue and places down her pen.

     Dug…

     Aish… chincha…

     “YA!” Red shouts flipping her hair as she looks behind and glares at the bored vampire that’s lounging by the living room. “Do you mind?”

     HeeNim just gave her a second glance then unbotheringly continued to bounce the basketball on the wall next to him.

     The girl hisses, rolling her eyes. She does not plan on standing up just to ask him to stop, she’s too lazy to bother herself like that. But it doesn’t mean she’s letting it slip by, Kims aren’t the passive type ones, thus if one is being an they’ll be an in return.

     She plugs in her phone to a speaker and started blasting some modern rap songs that she loved to sing along to nowadays, and which HeeNim hates to hear ever since it was a trend.

     “Can you turn that darn thing off?” It’s his turn to order around.

     Red just rapped along loudly, ignoring his request just the way ignored hers.

     “Aissshhh…” HeeNim says ans seeing how the girl has no plans of ever turning it off, he snapped. He throws the ball across the room, towards Red’s side directly hitting to where the desktop speakers are. Goal!!! It did hit just like how computated it.

      Together with the speakers, Red’s phone also fell to the ground, to which enraged the Kim’s muse even more. “What the fck!” She stood up and so did HeeNim.

     Their hands both holding each other’s collar’s and their fists up in the air ready to punch. However, light footsteps can be heard coming down from the staircase. “What’s this?” he asks with a smile. A dubious one. “Are you fighting?”

     The two brought their hands down immediately, and faced him like good and well behaved kids. King chuckles as how they followed him immediately. “What did I tell you about fighting with each other?” he says. “You do it outside. Not here”

     “But the sun is up” HeeNim says, shoving his hands inside his pockets.

     “Then don’t fight. Simple as that” he says briefly. “And besides, aren’t you supposed to be sleeping, it’s daylight”

     “I’m doing homework” Red answers. Everyone made faces, even she pulled a nasty one. Like what vampire does homework? It’s pathetic.

     However, she was just forced to do them for apparently Bom’s grades are better than hers so she’s challenged to do better and defeat that Park.

     After hearing Red’s excuse, King turns to HeeNim next. He notices how the vampire is wearing hoodie and coat over his normal clothes. He asked where he is headed.

      “I want to go there, King” HeeNim responded.

     There.

     King’s face has gotten serious, and so was HeeNim’s. “You know you can’t”

     “I just want to pay her a visit”

     “It’ll be troublesome, HeeNim. If the other finds out, who knows what’ll happen”

     “I don’t care. If he fights me, I’ll fight him back” he says angrily. “I want to see her, King… I want to see her badly”

     The leader only looked at him, deciding to whether to let him go or not. But before he can even decide, HeeNim spoke again. “I will go whether you permit me or not”

     “Ya!”

     Without given permission, HeeNim just dashed off quick outside the house, headed to where he has wanted to go, making the others snigger in disbelief.

    “Ahh troublesome kids, indeed” King says, shaking his head.

     “Well. We are the Kims anyway. We are meant to be troublesome”

      “How about Hero? Where is he today?” he asks but Red just shurgs her shoulders. They haven’t seen him since yesterday and still no sign of him today, he must be playing with his prey again they reckon.

     Although they are considered the bad clan, as the leader, King is incharge on putting s in line. He needed to keep them away from things that would trouble them under Lee Council.

     Of course, no leader wants to lose a member. If Lee Council decides to eliminate a Kim, then they’ll be one member down compare to Parks. A sign that they’ll be weaker.

     King takes a gray hoodie from the rack and wears it over his head. “I’ll just go with HeeNim, just in case JungSoo is there too” he says thoughtfully. “If Hero arrives, tell him he’s in deep trouble, arasso?”

     “Nae” Red nodded while twirling a few red strands on her finger. “But… Do you want me to go along with you?”

     “Aniya” the leader says. “I can find my way there… I think”

     “Are you sure?”

     “Nae”

     Red wasn’t sure whether to trust King’s words. It’s silly how their leader is such a lost kid – his innocent acts and image kinda ruins their monster image, he is the most friendly out of the bunch, he is more young-looking, he is more gentle in some way…. King doesn’t know how he ended up in that clan too, he looks like a fairy and someone kind.

     But maybe that’s also the reason why he’s the leader, to suppress their threatening aura, to serve as a cover up of their real mosnterous strengths.

     Also, no one fits the position, truthfully. HeeNim is too reckless, Red does not care about leading a pack (especially not these boys), and Hero… he needed to be guarded well.

     King wanted to keep an eye and protect him until the time is right. Until it’s time where he can use his powers, and until they found out which could be the trigger for him to unlock it. What could be the key?

     

     Up on a mountain hill, a tomb was rested. Alone. Away from all other else.

      It was quite windy, and the air just blows hardly towards the west, every leaf, grass, any particle there is are being blown away, even HeeNim’s cape is swinging.

     A person was seen standing by on top, calmly staring at the name imprinted on the stone, but when he saw HeeNim walks up towards the area with freshly picked flowers in his hand, he frowned.

      “How shameless of you to still be coming here, really” he says.

     But despite the glare and unwelcoming remark, HeeNim didn’t get bothered and just continued walking to stand in front of the grave and places his gift on the plot. As respect, he bent down on his knees and bowed three times with his head touching the ground.

     JungSoo clicked his tongue and turns his gaze elsewhere. He hated the idea that they are at that place at the same time and in front of the girl they both loved – it just brings them back to the past of their old love triangle.

     When HeeNim finished his ritual he stood up and faces JungSoo. “I didn’t expect you’d be here” he says.

     “How many times do I have to say, I didn’t kill her. I was trying to save her”

     “Yeah right” the other rolled his eyes. “If you didn’t bite her she could have lived”

     “Lived? You were trusting her life on those pesky humans who can’t even figure out what she’s ill about!” HeeNim says.

     Centuries have passed but it just shows how they haven’t cleared on this issue yet. Apparently this is the issue what started it all, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter