Great Differences

Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       The Kims are really different from the Parks. They are hunters and instinctively exist to kill. Dari can still remember the first time she has met them.

       It was summer and she’s wandering in the woods as she’s on the way to the hidden falls in the heart of it. By the time she arrives in the area, there are 2 pairs of couple occupying it, enjoying a weekend getaway date, jumping canon balls and splashes water to one another. They were absolutely bright and filled with laughter.

       Dari was still a 5-months-new-born that time, yet she already fully-controlled her thirst of blood even without much training. It only took her 3 weeks when normally it takes a vampire to clench his cravings with 6 to 12 month separation from humans. Dara didn’t need a lot of training, her resolve was strong enough. She likes people, when she’s still alive and kicking she’s always around them, with family, friends and admirers. She felt completely loved and she treasured each one of them, thus why would she dare lay a finger and kill them?

       Although she’s got no plans on hurting these couples, she decided to just leave and forget her plans of swimming; she can come again and do that the next day. She turned around and started her trails on going back when suddenly.

       “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!”

       “HELLLPPP AHHHH!!!!!”

       Loud horrible screams came from the falls. Dari quickly went back and the next thing she saw were dead bodies lying down on the ground and flowing over waters -- bodies that belonged to those who were just enjoying life together.

       Seeing such tragic scene before her, Dari was stunned. Just how quick did it happened. Her eyes are wide and scared – fidgeting - then it landed on the long haired guy that appeared near her. His eyes are bloodshot red, and nails still sharp, signs of their hunting mode.

       “Well well well. Are you lost, pretty babe?” he asked.

       Dari didn’t feel any fear in her body despite his beastly appearance, instead she kept a straight face and glared at him. “Did you do this?” she asked, in a sharp tone.

       “Yeah. We did”

       Another one came to their side, his eyes big as doe’s, hair and skin white as snow, and he looked so innocent and likely the youngest one among them. However there’s this certain aura on him that shows that he has a secret up his sleeves.

        “You’re Dari, right?” he says with a bright smile, recognizing her. “The Park clan’s new born”

       “New born?” Red batted her eyes while she off the residual of blood on her fingers. “What a strange one is she then. How can you leave such delicious meals behind? You should had a feast and enjoyed eating them alone.”

       Were they eyeing them all along? Did they saw me walk away? Dari was slightly impressed. Just how good are there to hiding their presence that she barely sensed them.

       “I heard she’s naturally born to be a Park. She not meant for hunting” King says, looking at her from head to toe.

       “Oh that can’t  be good. You know, you can always switch clans!” HeeNim exclaims., now turning back to his human form and introduces himself. “I’m HeeNim by the way. You know we’re sick of Red being the muse of Kim clan, and you seem to suit us. So what do you think? Wanna join us?”

       “No thank you. You’re murderers” Dari answers coldly.

       “Murderers?” they all chuckled all together, glancing at each other. HeeNim tilts his head up to the trees as he talks to their one other member. “Heard that, Hero? She says we’re murderers!”

       “Well it sounds way cooler than monsters, though” Red commented. These guys still find the humor of it, obviously not bothered of whatever names being thrown at them.

       “Ya, Hero. Can you get down from there? Introduce yourself properly” King ordered, to which the former immediately followed. He jumped down from the branches and exactly landed in front of Dari, her face just a few inches away from his chest.

       Obviously he’s way taller, he’s also got these deep round eyes that pokes one’s soul when you stare at them, and gold hair that makes him charming.

       “Seems the Park clan ran out of recruits and ended up getting kids, huh” he smirks - picking on Dari’s height and tiny physique.

       Dari raises an eyebrow, look who’s talking? As if he isn’t slim too? To compare him to Choi’s or JungSoo’s or this HeeNim’s body, he’s way thin. Just look how those tight skinny jeans fit him perfectly.

       “Correct me if I’m wrong, King. But she’s the ‘bashful bride’, isn’t she?” Hero asked, looking over his shoulder.

       “Yeah. It’s her”

       “Ahhhh” the people around awed. “So that explains why she calls us murderers. Understandable”

       Dari continuously to glare at them poorly, and with her silence it indicates how she’s got no plan to elongate the conversation anymore.

       “Well. We better go” King says, clapping his hands. “It’s nice to meet you, Dari. Hope to see you in the battle field soon, nae?”

       The other members bid farewell to her, except for Hero. He just turned his back and swiftly left.

       All of them are. They just left, leaving the bodies behind, letting it be eaten by whatever wild animals that existed in the forest. What cruel beast they are indeed.

 

      

       After dinner time, Dari went downstairs and finds her family watching television. It was originally a drama but it’s slowly turning to be a sports channel from Bom and JungSoo’s side commentaries. The drama was themed in ancient times, and because these two are somehow around that era, they complain at each and every flaw and detail that’s unfitting.

       From the accent, words used, outfits, and how it’s irrevocably impossible that the main lead would become unharmed no matter how good he is.

       “He is fighting with the King’s 5 best warriors… How can he not even procure a scratch? That’s impossible!”

       “Yeah! And this girl had an affair with him, she should be headed for treachery! She’s the Queen!”     

       Dari and Do-Bi would just roll their eyes and chuckle. “Here they go again~”

       Do-bi brought out his earphones out and plugs it deeply inside his ears, taking himself out to another world through music.

       “Where are you going?” Bom asks, seeing Dari dressed up.

       “Yeah. Stefany called and asked me to go to the karaoke tonight” she says. “Wanna come?”

       Bom pulled an unpleased expression, moving her head sidewards. “Nah~ you know your friends aren’t my type, right?” she says. She has nothing against Stefany and Jessica at all, but she admits she can’t stand hanging around with them.

       “Ya. Don’t go home too late” Jungsoo reminded to which Bom hisses.

       “Don’t listen to grandpa. Just sing your lungs out all night, nae?”

       For it’s Friday night and her friends will be in SunnyHill for the weekend. She was forced to come out and go singing with them. She ties her head up in a tall bun as she gears up on dashing a ballad song.

       “I seriously love that hairstyle” Jessica exclaims, envying Dari’s hair style for she always wears her hair down. “Should I wear my hair up in school like that too?”

       “No!” Dari roared over the microphone, and apparently it’s her first enthusiastic reaction she had for the entire night.

       “Why not?” her friend asked, slightly surprised and curious of her reaction. They were waiting for a reply and Dari constantly struggled to come up with one. How can she? How can she say, Jessica’s scent is too engaging, and that if she shows more of her neck, it would be difficult for them vampires to not want biting her.

       Every day, Dari gets exposed to Jessica’s aroma and feels a slight surge of craving inside her, but she fights the temptation, her will and resolve is far stronger than tasting human blood… but with hunters like Hero, he’s impossible to be control. Just how they’ve become monsters tonight?

       They disturbed peace and stained the air with blood.

       So if in case, he catches her off guard, who knows what.

       Dari didn’t explain any further, she just said no and that’s it.

       “Hmf fine…” Jessica sighs and crosses her arms together.

       “Good girl” Dari pats her head. “It’s for your own best”

       All three have spent hours inside the karaoke hub, singing like there’s no tomorrow, belting out every high note there is, dancing through every pop song that’s trending in the city – with matching dance steps even.

       However, for they are just highschool students, they are under the strict regulations of 10pm curfew – it’s for their safety – to be living in a faraway town and be surrounded by dark woods, it is quite risky to let minors out at night.

       “Are you sure you don’t want us to drop you off?” Jessica asks over the rolled down window of her dad’s car. “We’ll drop Stefany first then you”

       “Nah it’s okay thank you. My dad’s on his way already anyway”

       “You sure?” Her dad asks, and the former nods politely. “Alright, then you better just wait on the shed and don’t ever leave. Don’t talk to strangers!”

       “Don’t worry Mr. Jung! I won’t…” she smiles.

       “See you on Monday” Jessica and Stefany bids farewell for the weekend.

       And soon as the car drives off and go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter