Of Realization and Newfound Feeling

Back To The Start
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin aimlessly climbed down the stairs that leads to the corridor on the 2nd floor. He didn’t have any particular place to go, just wandering around the school building. It’s been three days since the incident between Yoongi and Hoseok occurred. Yoongi hadn’t come to school ever since that and Jimin was starting to miss the latter’s presence. Sometimes it scared Jimin how fast he and Yoongi became close and comfortable around each other. As if they had known each other for years. At first he liked being with Yoongi because the latter made him forget about his heart ache. His mind was void of Hoseok in Yoongi’s presence. But lately his mind was full of the thought of Yoongi. Is he skipping classes again? Will he ever stop smoking? Did he even do his homework? What does he do after school? These were common examples of what running through his head lately.

Jimin knew Yoongi was not the type who likes to share his story to anyone unless they’re close and worth enough and Jimin glad the older had started to open up a little toward Jimin. There were still many things that Jimin curious about but he wouldn’t force Yoongi to tell him if the latter didn’t want to and made him feel uncomfortable. Jimin would wait whenever he’s ready to tell him.

He heaved a sigh and looked up around his surroundings. He didn’t realize he’s already outside the school building. He stopped walking and looked straight ahead. From a far he saw Hoseok’s form walking opposite his way. Jimin clenched his jaw, the event from yesterday flashed in his mind and he couldn’t help the sudden anger filling his chest. He wanted to punched Hoseok so bad the latter would regret ever had laid a hand on Yoongi. But Jimin knew better than that, violence didn’t solve anything so he planned to give Hoseok a piece of his mind.

“He’s hurting, too, you know?” Jimin said when Hoseok walked pass by his side. Hoseok paused on his track but didn’t turn to look at Jimin, “What do you mean?”

“You’re not the only one hurting. Have you ever wondered if he’s hurting as much as you do? Have you ever wondered how lonely he felt without his only best friend? Maybe what he did isn’t the most right thing to do but he did that for your sake. He did that not because he wants to but because he has to. Didn’t you miss him? Because I’m sure he did,” Jimin continued his step and left Hoseok pondering all of it by himself.

When he turned a corner, Jimin leaned his back on the wall, putting his hand on his chest, feeling his rapid heartbeat. He was so nervous back then but luckily he managed to say what he had in mind (although he refrained himself for raining Hoseok with profanities) without having a slip in his speech. He took a deep breath and released it slowly through his mouth, attempting to calm his heart. A buzzing sound coming from his pocket startled him. He pulled the phone out of his pocket and saw an incoming call from Yoongi. Unconsciously a smile formed on his face and he immediately tapped the answer option on the phone display.

“Hi hyung!” Jimin chirped to the receiver.

“Did you call? I’m sorry I was sleeping. What’s the matter?” Yoongi’s voice sounded hoarse and raspy, a clear sign from just waking up.

“It’s okay, hyung. I just want to know your condition,”

“It’s getting better, don’t worry. I used to fight a lot, remember?”

“But, hyung~ that was a long time ago. Will you come to school tomorrow?”

“Why? Do you miss me?”

Jimin didn’t answer the question thrown at him immediately. Sure he did miss the older but to admit it straight to the person he missed was making him at a loss at word and his heart began to quicken its rate. He heard Yoongi calling his name and asking if he was still there because it was so quiet all of sudden.

“Hey Jimin. I’m sorry I was just kidding. Forget what I just asked,” It’s a lie if Jimin’s heart didn’t fall into his stomach by Yoongi’s word.

“No, hyung. Don’t say that because I do. I do … miss you,” Jimin’s heart’s rate became faster by tenfold after saying that. It’s Yoongi’s turn to become quiet and Jimin almost regretted the thing he said. Jimin could hear Yoongi sighed a

Please log in to read the full chapter