The Argument

Back To The Start
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since he’s back to school and everything went normal for Yoongi. He and Jimin still hangout sometimes on the rooftop though the younger had been bugging him to join launch in the cafeteria with him and Taehyung. Yoongi promised him later but he himself didn’t know when this ‘later’ will come. Jimin seemed satisfied enough with his answer. It’s evening and raining outside now. Yoongi was alone in his house making ramen. He should’ve invited Jimin over so he would less lonely and they could eat ramen together. Jimin said he liked Yoongi’s ramen and Yoongi’s proud the only thing he could cook got recognition from the younger. Not that Jimin’s opinion matter but it’s better than nothing. A smile made its way on Yoongi’s face without him realized it. A sound of the door being opened distracted his train of thought. The smile on his face faltered when he saw his father coming from the living room. He didn’t have a good relationship with his father so they kind of avoiding each other whenever they’re in the same room. Yoongi finished pouring the cooked ramen onto the bowl and proceed to bring it to his bedroom. He was halfway to his bedroom when his father cleared his throat and called his name, “Yoongi, I have something to tell you. Have a seat here,” his father patted the couch he’s sitting, gesturing Yoongi to sit beside him. Yoongi put the bowl on the coffee table before he took a seat on the right side, leaving a space between them.

His father looked so serious and it made him nervous because they rarely talk unless it’s important.

“I know I’m not a good father figure for you. I don’t give you enough attention and barely home. I also know you hate me because of the divorce between me and your mom. Me and your mom married in early twenties. It’s hard because we’re not mature enough and economically stable enough to build a family. I was too busy with my carrier till I forgot your mom needed attention too. We fought often because of small things and hurt each other’s feelings. Till we’re too tired with each other and decided divorce might be the best decision to make. I know you’re still hurt from our separation but someday you’ll understand why we did that,”

“Is that all you want to tell me?” Yoongi didn't know what the point of his dad telling all of this to him is. If his dad felt sorry toward him, it's too late now.

“No, there’s something else. Recently, I’ve been meeting with this woman and we both want to take our relationship to the next level,”

Yoongi stood up quickly from his seat, “Are you saying you’re going to married again and replacing mom’s position with your new wife?”

“Yoongi! No one can replace her! I just thought that while I’m working out there, there’s someone who can take care of you.”

“I’ve been practically living alone since your divorce and I don’t need a guard dog!” A slapped on Yoongi’s face followed after.

“Watch your language!” his father raised his voice to warn him.

Yoongi scoffed, “I guess my opinion doesn’t matter, does it? Do what you want to do because that’s what I’m going to do.”

 

Yoongi quickly disappeared to his room only to take his jacket, phone and wallet. He ignored his father when he asked him where he was going. He closed the front door right at his father’s face and rush walking under the rain. To be honest, he didn’t know where to go. If it was three years ago, he would go to Hoseok’s. Hoseok didn’t need to ask why Yoongi visiting his place out of sudden because he knew. He would welcome the latter and asked Yoongi if he wanted to sleep in Hoseok’s room or guest room. Yoongi would always choose Hoseok’s saying that Hoseok’s bed is big enough for the two of them. But that was back then, when they’re still the best of friends. Yoongi sometimes thought about the time when he and Hoseok were fooling around like vandalizing the wall or shoplifting at the convenience store. He missed that old time. He missed the time when he and Hoseok ran from a police officer that caught their vandalized act. He missed the time when they laughed together after succeeding fooling the convenience store clerk. He missed spending time with his best friend but he doubted the other feel the same way. He wondered if everything could go back to the start, right before everything started going wrong. He wished he could rewind the time.

He arrived on a bus stop and quickly hopped on into one without even looking at the bus number. He took a single seat, putting on earphone and started list

Please log in to read the full chapter