Cloudy Eyes

Okay

Jackson's cool, fluttering touch left a trail of Goosebumps on Kang Joon's bare chest as he caressed the sensitive skin. Kang Joon had decided a long time ago that skinship was to be expected, being shirtless around other guys was something he would get used to, but initiating skinship with another shirtless guy was not something he was familiar with. Especially with a guy he was starting to like, as in really like. As in, he was close hyperventilating at being in such a heated situation because he was so attracted to youngest guy in the house.

Jackson looked into Kang Joon's face while grinning his slightly mischievous smile, and commented in his husky voice that Kang Joon was strong. The young man tried to suppress his blush and gave the camera a look to keep himself tethered to reality.

Somehow, Jackson and Kang Joon ended up in a room together at the farthest end of the house. Excited, for goodness knew why, Jackson started playing and dancing around the room. That somehow led to him getting shirtless, and even though Kang Joon knew he would regret it later, he didn't want to be a stiff hyung so started playing along. He somehow got shirtless and in the intimate position was in now.

"Uh . . . Jackson maybe . . . uh", Kang Joon stuttered, dimpling a bit with his nervous grin. Even though Kang Joon didn't finish his sentence, Jackson ever so slightly narrowed his eyes and quickly backed away from his hyung. He hopped on his bed and slipped his t-shirt on like nothing had even happened.

Standing shirtless in the center of the room while Jackson went about his business after the intense moment they shared reminded Kang Joon of every gay-themed movie he ever saw. How the closeted guy would get close to kissing the gay main character then pretend it never happened at school, or something along those lines.

Kang Joon shook his head and absent-mindedly put his shirt on too.

Kang Joon was probably just being dramatic. He had to be. No way Jackson was gay. He was just a guy who liked skinship. He had to be.

He sighed and sat down on the edge of his bed.

The two sat in silence for a long time before a knock at the door interrupted the awkward tension. Another young member of the house, Heo Young Ji poked her head in with a wide open-mouth smile. She had her red hair down, fanned around her face and bright eyes dressed with a bit glittering makeup. Jackson smiled as soon as he saw her.

“You guys should come out so we can start filming”, she said, focusing on both boys. “The PD says he wants to make it seem like you two didn’t meet, so he wants Jackson to wait outside and Kang Joon to hide in here.” She gave a polite semi-bow as she left.

Jackson didn’t say anything as he left the room as he was told.

Kang Joon sat in the room alone for quite a while. He listened to the sound of the roommates laughing, talking to each other and over each other. He heard Jackson being funny, talking as if he had no idea he was rooming with, then him screaming his name over and over again.

Kang Joon had to take a deep breath before forcing himself to become an actor and go face the cameras and Jackson.

He opened the door and came out bowing, with his dimpling smile. He felt numb and weird inside. He wanted so badly to see something in Jackson’s eyes like a glint of recognition, a secret, but there was nothing. Jackson’s eyes were cloudy as if they really were strangers. Like two young idols who didn’t just have an intense, almost-gay moment.

Seo Kang Joon had no idea how to read Jackson Wang.

 

Was this a good chapter??

You can tell me in the comments~~~ lol

Feedback is always appreciated tbh though