Why Do I Like You

Okay

When Kang Joon marched in the house, past Minwoo who had been waiting for him to come back to get details, and to the nearest staff member to ask for his manager, it was obvious something was wrong. He didn't look at the other man expect for a moment while the staff called his manager. He didn't care if they thought he was a diva just walking away from filming. He just had to go.

His eyes were hollow. He looked both tired and excited, almost like he had been crying. Minwoo went to ask what happened, but Kang Joon's diligent manager arrived and called him out to the car before he could even voice the question.

The young man shook his head anyways. He wouldn't say anything.

On his way out he bumped d into Young Ji who was coming in. Her eyes widened and she also tried to say something. Maybe it would be a warning to stay away from her man, maybe anger and disgust for being gay, maybe even genuine sympathy at being oblivious- but Kang Joon didn't want any of it. He turned and went to the car.

"Where to?" The manager asked, deciding not to pry in his charge's sudden leave from the show.

"To the dorm", he said quietly.

 

. . .

 

He kissed me Myung", Kang Joon cried, falling into the younger's arms. Gong Myung pushed away his immediate anger at Jackson and hugged his hyung close to his chest.

There had been boys before, boys that came and introduced themselves. Boys that stayed for dinner and slept over. Boys that got close enough to 5urprise to be considered another member after awhile. Those boys always left though and left Gong Myung with a broken hearted person to heal when they actually realized the meaning of what being in a relationship, a real gay relationship was.

This reaction wasn't like the reaction that came with the other boys though. Kang Joon rarely cried over boys, even when his heart was ripped from him from the most gentle and promising. Even when Gong Myung came into his room in the silence of the night after a big breakup to comfort the older, Kang Joon simply accepted the affectionate hug (that actually made Gong Myung's heart speed) and assured him that he was fine. He didn't even flinch when Yoo Il talked about how happy he was with his own girlfriend and how happy he seemed to be in love. Kang Joon just didn't cry over boys, as far as Gong Myung knew, and kept his true feeling behind a flowery smile.

Apparently though, that bad guy made his hyung cry twice.

"What do you like about him?" Gong Myung gently coaxed from the older man. His heart was pounding with the question, secretly hoping that his intentions wouldn't be discovered. Maybe if he knew what it was that made Jackson so attractive, it would be easier for him to . . . No, this wasn't about him. He wouldn't use Kang Joon's bad experience to fuel his own ulterior motives.

"I don't even know", Kang Joon admitted with a shaky breath. When he looked up at Gong Myung though, his eyes were bright. "Loving him- It's like bungee jumping on the first day of summer. The anxiety of standing on the ledge with bright sun engulfing your body, then taking a dive off. It's the adrenaline and hot air exploding in your lungs at once and a head to thick with excitement to realize the jump is over. Then it's that part too, coming down to earth and realising the moment only lasted for a second. It's the most wonderful and most types torturous."

Gong  Myung swallowed hard and felt instantly disappointed, he was really in love with Jackson.

The younger wanted to confront Kang Joon in that moment and ask what about himself. He wanted to know why he was so plain and why he wasn't attractive enough? What made Jackson so impressive when he never actually did anything? How come he couldn't be Kang Joon's type instead? But shooed those thoughts away and Kang Joon's hair to comfort him.

"Do you think he's just playing with you?" Gong Myung asked cautiously. It was his last attempt at trying to get Kang Joon to think in vain. He was obviously in love. "Maybe he's just teasing you?"

Kang Joon lifted himself from Gong Myung's hug and held his hand while he thought. 

"No", he finally said. "I don't think Jackson's like that."

"You like him so much, but what about that Young Ji girl?" Gong Myung tried. He saw the older man visibly deflate at the mention of her name. He had a nibble. "And what about your ex? How would he feel?" Gong Myung knew better than to bring up the name of that man again, the man that probably hurt Kang Joon the most. "The coffee guy?" 

Kang Joon waved a dismissive hand, but his fingers were trembling. He was letting the facade that he perfected especially for the coffee guy crack. 

"And what about me-?" Gong Myung stopped himself. How could he say that of all things? 

Kang Joon looked at him with a curious expression. 

"What about my rules for dating?" Gong Myung quickly tried to clean up. "You know I always think you should give somebody the 5urprise test before dating them. Bring him here and see how he does . . . You know we'll confront him if something is up."

Gong Myung had turned back into a passive younger. He had to clean up the situation and send Kang Joon on his way. He was ready to confess, but by the looks of it, it wouldn't matter anyways. He sighed and gave the now smiling Kang Joon a quick hug before getting up to leave. Kang Joon stood up too and gave Gong Myung a quick kiss to the cheek.

"You always know what to say~", Kang Joon said, pressing an affectionate hand to his cheek where he'd kissed him. "I love you so much." He left the room to call Jackson.

Gong Myung touched his cheek and sat down. I love you too, he thought. He got out his own phone to summon 5urprise back to the dormitory.

Gong Myung wouldn't be biased, he'd let the other members do that for him. Just because be was the one that took care of broken-hearts didn't mean the other members didn't know what to do. They loved Kang Joon too and knew exactly how to get to the nitty gritty of a guy's true intentions.

 

. . .

 

The text was simple and vague, it was surprising that Jackson actually complied. "Come to my dorm. To talk", the text read. That way though, Kang Joon felt like less of a liar. He didn't put who he was going to talk to or why. He would just have to deal with what happened when he came.

Little did the young man expect to find a full living room with five serious young men to await him when he was buzzed in.

When Tae Oh actually tied, he didn't have to do much to look serious. So in the stretched out old t-shirt and baggy pants he worked out in, he stood menacingly by the doorway. Tae Hwan was also standing near the door, but the maknae only stood by to make sure Jackson didn't leave when he got in. Yoo Il, the oldest of the members just quietly contemplated the situation while Gong Myung sat with Kang Joon. 

As planned Jackson walked in and Tae Baan immediately closed the door behind him while Tae Oh good him by the arm and led him to the couch.

Yoo Il crossed his hands in his lap and cocked an eyebrow at Jackson before giving a look to Kang Joon. "Is this the guy?" He questioned, heaving a deep sigh when Kang Joon gave a mute nod.

"Okay then Jackson", Yoo Il started. "Let's cut to the chase."

Tae Oh stepped in. "So Kang Joon is gay, okay? We all knew since awhile ago." Tae His an also jumped in the conversation. "But what about you?"

Jackson didn't seems terribly surprised to find Kang Joon was gay, he almost seemed relieved like he was expecting it. Gong Myung Tom Kang Joon's hand to calm him down and Jackson's face went cloudy again.

"I-I don't know." He said with a stutter. His voice rose a bit like he was going to speak a bit of English, but shook his head and nodded to confirm what he was saying, which was just another confirmation that he didn't exactly understand. He seemed confused. 

"You know, gay", Gong Myung said in broken English. He kissed Kang Joon's cheek to emphasize his point then put his head down in embarrassment. It was one thing to do that in private, but to actually demonstrate . . . Gong Myung was going crazy. He looked around to see that member's reactions were, only to find them nodding in agreement.

Jackson gave a stuff nod too. He understood. Maybe he always understood.

"But I hat we really want to know-" Yoo Il interjected. "Is why you kissed him?"

Jackson was silent for a long time. He most definitely knew what they were talking about by the way his eyes avoided the older man. 

"You know what?" Jackson suddenly exploded. " I don't know what about me, okay? I think Kang Joon hyung is really cute and I want to be closer to him, but I don't know how!" 

Both men's cheeks were burning hot and the other men in the room looked surprised.

Jackson continued. "I mean, I'm not gay! I like girls!" He shook his head, even his body was going against his words. "That's why I spend so much time with Young Ji, because if I can't like her . . ." He finally looked at Kang Joon. "Then why do I like you?"

 

Is this long or nah? Lol

This is longer than my essay due for school tbh

This is also getting really heated tho, who even are 5urprise . . .