She Saw

Okay

"Here! Come taste this!" Jackson said with a large smile and two straws sticking out of the smoothie he had just made at the cafe. 

Kang Joon looked up from sorting through cups under the sink to see Jackson was above him. With bright eyes and his face looking down in his direction it looked like he was talking to Kang Joon. Jackson was looking right into his eyes with a grin that caused his heart to speedup. Kang Joon composed himself enough and forced a smile back. Was this the moment Jackson stopped being so hard to read and actually opened up a bit? Could he maybe . . .?

The younger man spun around as soon as Kang Joon opened his mouth to stutter out an answer. He pressed the other straw to Young Ji's lips, who seemed to appear from nowhere and began drinking the cool treat with her. The oblivious girl noted that it was good and returned to her own station, calling directions to him as she left. Jackson cast another look down at Kang Joon, still smiling except with the twinge of an attitude, before bouncing off to catch up with Young Ji.

His cheeks heated up, partly in frustration at what had happened and frustration at his attraction. Jackson was playing with him. He had to be. 

Ever since the incident in the car and the whole time inside the cafe, something seemed off.

Jackson helped Kang Joon tie on his apron, then acted like he didn't want to be touched when he offered to help him in return; he baited him too many times already into saying or doing something, then acting as if he was talking to Young Ji and used the bell at the door a lot so he would always have to look up from what he was doing and run to the counter. He decided it was coincidental at first, but had a sinking feeling that Jackson knew what he was doing.

Kang Joon tried to take it, but honestly felt miserable. 

Most guys who got close to him enough to realize he was gay would go through a phase when they picked with him a bit before breaking off their friendship. They always tried to act like it was for any reason other than the fact that he was gay. They didn't lie very well.

Kang Joon missed his group members. He missed Gong Myung the most.

Even though Gong Myung was a bit younger than him, he took care of things. He assured him that all the guys that left him weren't worth it. He probably would have told him the same thing about Jackson and comforted him 

He sighed and stood up. Going Myung wasn't with him though and he couldn't let his younger member always take care of him.

"Yah! Jackson!" Young Ji yelled, which gave way to laughter. Kang Joon leaned over the counter and saw Jackson smearing some coffee cream on Young Ji's face. She giggled and Jackson looked equally as amused to be playing with her. Young Ji's sister told them to stop playing and work harder which caused them to laugh harder.

Kang Joon suddenly felt like crying. He swallowed his sobs as he walked by the group and announced he was taking a break.

He went to the back room filled with bags of coffee beans and called Gong Myung without even thinking.

As soon as he heard his friend's warm voice answer the call, he let his tears out. 

"I hate it here Myung-ah", Kang Joon cried into the phone.

Gong Myung didn't ask any questions, but tried soothe him on the line. It was almost surreal hearing him after so long, Kang Joon vaguely thought as he forced his initial tears to stop.

"Are you okay to tell me what happened?" Gong Myung asked into the phone. His voice was warm, laced with undeniable worry for the older boy.

Kang Joon could imagine him in a room by himself as he talked on the phone, protecting his privacy even from the other members. He could see it by the small noises he heard over the phone; Gong Myung was probably near a window as Kang Joon always found him when they did all still live together. It was cool, so the younger was probably wearing a jacket like he usually did for comfort, maybe even the one the boys bought together.

"I'm okay", Kang Joon eventually said.

Gong Myung sounded cautious to ask, but risked it by quietly voicing,"Is it that guy? That Jackson guy?"

Kang Joon gave a little affirmation and Gong Myung sighed.

"I've been watching the show and I know you enough to see you like him, as in really like him." Gong Myung said, sounding direct so Kang Joon couldn't back out. The older didn't answer though, so he continued. "But he's not even your type hyung. He's loud and obnoxious and he doesn't even seem romantic- Wait,don't tell me you're finally going through your bad boy phase."

Something about Gong Myung's accusation and Jackson's image as a bad boy made Kang Joon laugh. 

"You always treat me like some teenaged child Myung-ah", Kang Joon said, passing on his infectious laugh to the boy on the line. He laughed along as well and said, "Admit it though hyung, you've gone through every kind of phase. Remember when you had a thing for guitarists and guys with facial hair?" 

"I do!" Kang Joon said excitedly. "I remember because that was also the first time you tried to write a song and you stayed up so long that you grew a little mustache. It was so cute that it turned me off of guys like that."

Come to think of it, Gong Myung always happen to be going through the same trends that Kang Joon was attracted to.

When he started working and liked business guys, Gong Myung wore a bunch of suits around the dorm and tried to be mature. When he went through a foreign actor phase, he and Gong Myung were the ones who studied English together nonstop. Also the facial hair and guitar thing was pretty specific. Could Gong Myung . . .

Suddenly a hand came from behind Kang Joon and snatched his phone away.

He spun around to see Jackson, turning the device off and tossing it to the side.

"Jackson! What are you doing?" Kang Joon demanded, scrambling to get his phone. Jackson didn't answer, just pulled him up by his arm and yanked him close. Jackson looked into Kang Joon's eyes for a moment, letting the wall down for just a moment before leaning in and pressing a rough kiss to his lips.

Kang Joon, shocked, sank to the floor as soon as Jackson pulled away. The foreign-born young man shook his head and wiped his mouth like he was the one who was forced into the kiss. He turned to leave, but as he walked from the secluded room, he bumped into Young Ji.

Her face was a mask of disbelief.

Jackson was speechless.

Kang Joon closed his eyes. She saw.

Jackson kissed him and she saw.

 

This got heated guys . . .

Whats going to happen?

Meet 5urprise's Gong Myung and comment~