Wrong

Okay

Even if Kang Joon didn’t like girls, he could tell just how attractive Young Ji was.

The way she smiled made everyone smile, how hard she worked at things was endearing and her down-to-earth quality was refreshing. She was such a rookie, she seemed more like a normal girl at times. She gave off the aura of the type of girl many idols tried to imitate. Something in her eyes gave her a really simple quality. Also unlike many idols, she wasn’t really annoyingly prim yet and still knew how to have fun. She had a pretty face, unique but still really pretty and above all, she was a girl.

No matter what Kang Joon did; even if he suddenly gained that refreshingly simple quality and attracted everyone with his rookie status, he would never be a girl. He would never be the person Jackson wanted because he was a guy. He was happy being a guy, he was proud being gay, but sometimes it hurt knowing that he would never be safe enough for other guys to love.

“Are you okay?” Minwoo asked, passing by Kang Joon who had been sitting on the couch letting Cucumber nip at his fingers while he sank deeper into the sadness of what he was going through.

The tall young man was barely looking at him, he was distracted about something in his own head. He was just giving Kang Joon the treatment any other person would give him out of politeness, it was obvious he didn’t care. He wasn’t being mean at all, but it was true. Minwoo had bigger things on his mind, he was getting more popular, slowly but surely.

He was an idol who had to experience life first hand and knew to hold onto the fleeting chances of stardom with all his might. Kang Joon knew he didn’t have time to make friends, but . . .

“I honestly have no idea what I’m doing”, Kang Joon admitted, letting his head drop to his hands. Minwoo looked a bit surprised that Kang Joon didn’t give him the usual stock answer, but sat down across from the frustrated young man to listen. Kang Joon also seemed a bit surprised that Minwoo was being so understanding, but needed to talk. He took a deep breath and threw a towel over the main camera, a signal to the producers to cut whatever was being said.

“Okay, so I like someone that I’m not supposed to like”, Kang Joon started, letting the story pour from his heart. “And by like I mean really like, I might mean love. It’s weird okay?” Minwoo didn’t seem surprised that Kang Joon liked somebody, he only nodded along and gestured for him to continue with his plight. “The thing is though, that person likes to seems to like somebody else but that person is really great too. That person fits them well and they look nice and together and I can’t see where I fit in—“

Kang Joon was interrupted by the two youngest members coming into the kitchen where they sat.

It seemed as if Young Ji had just been smiling, but as usual with her perceptive nature, her face immediately softened when she realized there was something going on. She looked between the two men and wondered aloud, “Is something –“

Jackson’s eyes flickered, he seemed sad, but went back to unreadable as he grabbed Young Ji’s hand and yelled, “Yah! Don’t change the subject Heo Young Ji! You were wrong, admit it!” She tried to linger on Kang Joon and Minwoo, but retaliated in her own defense by arguing back. While she was going against him, Jackson dragged her up the stairs where they were heard going at some more. Kang Joon's eyes followed them til lthey were no longer able to be seen. Jackson seemed like he wanted to ackowledge him for a moment, but maybe Kang Joon was just imaging it. Maybe Jackson was starting to waver a bit in being so distant.

Minwoo looked at Kang Joon’s distraught face and some glow of realization showed in his eyes. He started laughing and looked to the sky like what he was deducing was too hilarious. Kang Joon’s heart dropped. He was sure Minwoo wouldn’t accept him, he would have to get him to keep his secret. He didn’t know if he could take coming out to anyone else after 5urprise even if it wasn’t that hard. It was terrifying though, he didn’t want this.

 “Don’t tell me you like”, Minwoo started out loud, then looked around before mouthing the rest. “Young Ji.”

 

I'm glad this is getting good feedback.

Surprisingly better than the Vixx one I put up at around the same time.

Please keep supporting this and Roomate~