Final: Okay

Okay

 

A/N: Dont forget that this is the last chapter. Thank you for everything ahead of time~

 

 

When Young Ji saw the two men walk into the house with hands tightly grasped into each other, she gave a large smile.

Young Ji was by no means an ignorant girl. She saw the looks Kang Joon gave Jackson when he thought nobody was looking and she definitely felt the tension between the two. If they'd given her enough time to explain when she witnessed the kiss, then she would have encouraged them both. She realized at that time, however, that they weren't nearly as forward as she was. They were both scared and confused about their feelings, so she let things play out. She could only imagine what happened between them when they met up, but was happier nevertheless that things worked themselves out so quickly.

Minwoo came up behind her and looked to see where her gaze was directed. When he saw them holding hands he choked. Young Ji turned and made a face at him. "I thought he- but they were- they're-", he sputtered. Young Ji rolled her eyes. "Gay. They're gay Minwoo. Gay and in love. If you have a problem with it then you're blessing won't be needed."

Minwoo snapped out of his surprise and shook his head, offended. "I'm not a homophobe or anything, I was just trying to help him get with you this entire time. I didn't know he liked Jackson." He thought for a moment. "I wonder what his type is . . ."

Young Ji laughed at him and playfully tapped his arm. "Oh come on, it's not like he was looking at you. Besides . . ." Young Ji found her face growing hot. "Maybe somebody else is looking your way."

Minwoo looked at her surprised, then broke a large dimpling smile when he caught on.

The doorbell interrupted the two, Kang Joon and Jackson had finally mustered up enough courage to greet their roommates. They held hands the entire time as Young Ji opened the door and let them in.

Her smile threw them off.

"I knew the whole time", she said with a friendly shrug. Minwoo also smiled, but admitted, "She just told me, but if it counts for anything, I set you two up." Kang Joon's lip trembled at his beautiful friends. Jackson held his hand tighter to comfort him. Never had they thought it would be so easy to come out to their closest peers of all people. Kang Joon let Minwoo believe a lie and Jackson led Young Ji, but they still accepted them with open arms.

"What are you guys talking about?" Dong Wook asked coming from the kitchen with Ryohei. The youth shared a look.

"We have something to say", Jackson said confidently. "Call everyone back home."

With Dong Wook's call everyone towed in from their schedules, curious about what the youngest men of the house had to say so urgently. Even when they came into the solemn house  radiating with a nervous air, in finding Kang Joon and Jackson's hands linked together didn't set them off. Jackson was always very touchy feely, there was nothing new about expressing his brotherly love for Kang Joon through sometimes dangerous touches, no that wasn't the problem. The problem was how they looked at each other. Jackson could sit on someone's lap with having a care in the world, but he looked too in love. He wasn't holding back now that he'd let his feelings out for Kang Joon. If his glances were words, the poor older boy would need to have a few lifetimes to read them all.

Finally the last member of the share house arrived, Guk Joo who seemed tired but still curious to know what was going on.

"Why'd you call us right now?" Seho asked, slightly annoyed.

Kang Joon was about to speak around d the question, but Jackson abruptly stood up, pulling Kang Joon up with him. He looked at everyone in the face before swallowing, then saying quite bluntly, "I love him." Jong Ok wasn't impressed, "We know Jackson, you always talk about how much you love everybody."

Kang Joon shook his head. "No, he means we're in love. He's my boyfriend and I'm his." Jackson gave him a grin for his comment.

The room was silent for several long moments. Joon-hyung was the first one to speak which started a flurry of mixed opinions. He got up and said, "Baaammm! Congrats guys! You shoulda told me before Jackson, I would have stopped scoping girls out for you ages ago man." He came close and hugged Jackson with a  proud bump to the back, "Yo, every civilian is accepted in JYP nation!" Jackson laughed, relieved. He and Joon didn't just share JYP between them, something about them beyond just who they are clicked. Honestly, Jackson considered Joon like an uncle or maybe even some version of his dad since he couldn't see him often. If he had Joon's approval, he didn't need anyone else's. Joon fist bumped Kang Joon and sat back down, excitedly buzzing with Ryohei.

Ryohei, half directed at Joon-hyung and half directed at the couple before him said, "Is this a big deal here? It's more common in Japan for gay idols to come out to their friends like this." Ryohei just looked confused. 

Sunny didn't look very pleased, but didn't say anything. Kang Joon was thankful that she was keeping g whatever she was thinking to herself.

Jong Ok dreamily said to herself, " What a new Korea we live in. I'm glad they were born in a time where they could be together." Doing Wook agreed and eyed both boys. He'd been with both for quite awhile and gotten to know and care about them. He could honestly admit, he wasn't much apart of the gay community and did nothing to help when he was faced with it, but now it was here. He had two boys who loved each other to watch out for now. Of course he wouldn't stop loving them any less. His mind instantly went to sleeping arrangements then somehow clicked on his dad-mode. They would have to be separated for him to sleep soundly because he was not ready to have The Talk with anybody yet . . .

By the. Guk Joon had stopped crying and both men went to her side to comfort her. "I'm sorry of you can't accept us noona", Jackson said with a sad voice. She pulled both  into a hug and said, "I'm crying because you two are too perfect for each other! We should go out to eat to celebrate", making most of the roommates laugh.

Kang Joon cast a look at Nana who smiled with a shrug. The amount of gay people she knew with connections in the modeling world left her desensitized to the shock of having someone come out to her. In her eyes, they were just people in a relationship.

Seho was the only one who didn't say anything which was a first for him.

He eventually spoke, "I'm sorry but I just . .   can't."

Sunny sighed, "I have a schedule I have to make. I s-support you guys though . . ."

They both got up and left.

Guk Joon shrugged. "More for us."

 

. . . 

 

It had been exactly thirty days since Roommate ended, making it Kang Joon and Jackson's fiftieth anniversary.

They were out at a park together setting up for a picnic like the cheesy, lovey-dovey couple they were. They packed a bit of Chinese food sent from Jackson's parents who they suspected knew about their relationship even though they were waiting for the hundredth day to actually tell them. Kang Joon's own grandma gave him some black bean noodles and even put a bit of cheese on the side for Jackson since she knew how close they were now. 5urprise even went out of their way to reserve a nice place for them to go while the newest couple Minwoo and Young Ji escorted them there.

"I'm hungry~", Jackson whined, taking Kang Joon's hand and tugging him down for sit on the blanket they had laid out. Kang Joon rolled his eyes, popped the top off of the noodles, mixed them up and held up some for Jackson to eat. "Ujjujuju~", Kang Joon said in baby speak, pinching his boyfriend's cheek. "Is that better?" 

Jackson shook his head and gestured Kang Joon in close while he finished chewing. As soon as he swallowed, he pecked a kiss to Kang Joon's unsuspecting cheek.

Kang Joon bit the inside of his cheek to keep from grinning too much, then turned to the younger and held his hands in his face. They shared a sweet look before they missed on the lips. A slow lingering, loving kiss. It was so much more different than their first cautious, scared kiss but somehow translated the same emotions. They loved each other so much, sometimes they didn't even know how to express it.

But sometimes simple was enough.

"I'll always love you okay?", Jackson said in a husky whisper.

Kang Joon pressed another quick kiss to his boyfriend's mouth while saying," Okay, I'll always love you too."

 

 

It's the ennddd! Thank you for staying with me this long.

I wish I could have finished the fic before the series ended, but thank you for your continued support even when the series did it.

I will miss this story, the show Roommate and the viewrs/subscribers that helped me through the entire process. Thanks again.