Inseparable

FAMILY LIFE WITH THE KIM’S

CHAPTER 2

 

 

 

Taehyung finally managed to get Jimin off of the floor and both of them are currently sitting crossed leg on their assigned beds.  Both of their eyes are puffy and the tears on their faces have finally dried up.  But there is still sadness upon their faces.

 

Dread and sorrow is what the atmosphere of their room feels like.  Silence as both young men think of their parents.

 

They do not know how long they have been at the orphanage but it felt like a whole day they have been there.  But in reality it only has been almost four hours for the boys.

 

Two knocks on their door before a middle age man peeks his head through the door, “Kim Taehyung, follow me.”  He looks at Taehyung then turns to Jimin, “You stay here.”

 

Taehyung jumps off his bed, “Where ever I go he goes with me. I’m sorry but I’m not leaving this room unless he comes with me.”  He crosses his arms stubbornly.

 

The middle age man gives a sigh, “Come along then you two.”

 

Jimin has a small smile on his face and too gets off his bed and trails behind Taehyung as they exit the room.

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

Taehyung and Jimin stop in front of a door that they remember as an office where they first brought them to.  The middle age old man told them to enter the room and walked away from them. 

 

Taehyung places his hand on Jimin’s left shoulder, “I’m not leaving this place without you.”

 

“Your Uncle Jin won’t adopt me.  I’m not related to him plus I have relatives.” Jimin tries to smile but falters because of the pain of not being wanted at a time where his parents are gone.

 

“Your relatives didn’t want to take you in so that gives every right for my Uncle Jin to adopt you. I’ll tell him to adopt you.”  Taehyung squeezes his best friend’s shoulder, “Now, let’s go inside.”

 

Upon entering the room Taehyung was immediately engulfed into a hug by his Uncle Jin. His tears that he thought he had no more in his body started to release its self once more in front of his father’s youngest brother.

 

While Taehyung was getting comforted by Seokjin, Jimin felt dejection and lonely because there was no one in the room to comfort him.  He felt no love was left for him from any relative of his.  He was shocked when a soft hand gently cupped his face, “Noona?” He is faced to face with Dhelcee, Taehyung’s young aunt.  Before Taehyung’s uncle married her she only wanted to be called ‘noona’ by him and Taehyung.  She told them that she felt old if they were to call her auntie.

 

“Jimin..my condolence for your loss…” She said softly staring at Jimin with teary eyes then pulled him into her arms and hugged him.

 

Jimin’s heart cried out that there was actually someone else that did care for him other than Taehyung.  He cherished the comfort in Dhelcee’s arms and started to cry too like Taehyung in Seokjin’s arms.

 

After a good five minutes the owner of the orphanage had to interrupt their moments of comfort from the couple to the young teens.  Taehyung noticed Attorney Yang standing next to the older middle age woman who owned the orphanage.  He wiped his eyes quickly then stood close to Jimin.  He noticed his aunt release Jimin from her embrace and walked over to his uncle’s side.

 

Attorney Yang cleared his throat before speaking, “Kim Taehyung, your Uncle Jin will be taking you home tonight.  Your parents wrote in their last will that if anything was to happen to them that you would be under your Uncle Jin’s care, he is your legal guardian now along with his wife.  Also your parents had a saving account for you when you decide to enter college.  Every month I would transfer the other money your parents had also set aside for your cost of living with your uncle.  But your Uncle Jin here does not want to accept that money and said to leave it untouched until you are ready for college.  He said he could provide for you under his care.  Tonight, he would like to take you to the hospital to see your parents’ before they transfer them to the funeral home.  All the documents have been finalized and you are ready to leave tonight.”  He turns to look at the owner, “Mrs. Lee here has everything cleared out for you.”

 

Taehyung was able to comprehend everything Attorney Yang explained to him but Jimin was missing in his sentence, “What about Jimin?  I’m not leaving this place without him.”  He turns to his Uncle Jin, “I’m sorry if I’m going to be stubborn right now but I can’t leave my best friend behind. His relatives don’t want to take him in. He has no one that will look after him. Please Uncle Jin, could you adopt him?”  He grabs Seokjin’s hand and pleads with his eyes.

 

Jimin looks at his feet feeling uncomfortable shifting his feet left and right.  Unable to speak of the situation.  He does not want to be left behind but he knows that it is impossible for Taehyung’s wish for them to stay together.  Again, a soft hand touches his cheek, “Noona…I’m okay.” He looks at Dhelcee’s caring eyes.

 

She smiles at him before looking back at Taehyung and Seokjin, “Tae Tae, don’t worry about Jimin.  Everything is cleared with him too.  I had Attorney Yang file an adoption paper for Jin and me to also be Jimin’s legal guardian.” She gently squeezes Jimin’s cheek and looks back at him, “Lucky for us, he got it expedited for this uncommon situation.  It’s all legal and we were able to get your relatives to sign that they will not bother you in trying to get money or take you away from us. It took us a couple hours to get everything settled that’s why we arrived late in getting you boys.”

 

Jimin and Taehyung were ecstatic with the good news both of them ran to each other and hugged, “Brothers forever!”  They said in unison.

 

Seokjin moved toward his wife and draped his arm over her shoulder, “We have instant teenagers now.  We skipped the baby part.”

 

Dhelcee poked Seokjin’s hip, “At least no dirty diaper job for you that we got instant teens.  We will make these boys happy. But first let’s bring them to their parents.”  Her voice changed from joking to sad after mentioning the boys’ dead parents.

 

“It will be hard for them but they have us now.”  Seokjin rubbed Dhelcee’s shoulder, “Like what I said in our honey moon.  We’ll shower our children with love.  They will feel it from us.”

 

Dhelcee leaned her head onto Seokjin, “Indeed we will for Taehyung and Jimin.”

 

 

 

 

 

**************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 95 DUO are INSEPERABLE!