The Beginning

FAMILY LIFE WITH THE KIM’S

CHAPTER 1

 

 

Three weeks has passed since Seokjin and Dhelcee’s wedding and honeymoon. 

 

The young newlywed couple has already moved into their new home in Gangnam. The couple has been dating since they were teens and throughout college. They both got good jobs with high positions in the corporate world of Korea. Seokjin works at Big Hit Entertainment as one of the youngest chief marketing officer.  Although he has only has been in that position for two years now he worked his off to get that position.  With Seokjin’s higher position in the company he and Dhelcee were able to save up for their dream home in Gangnam.  Dhelcee works as marketing supervisor at SBS.  She has been working there after completing her internship at the TV broadcasting and they were really impressed with her work ethics and great ideas for their company, so they hired her immediately.

 

“Mrs. Kim, I’m home!”  Seokjin calls out as he walks into the front door of their home.  He was greeted by their dog, Jjangu. He kneels down to greet his dog, “Jjangu? Where’s your mommy?” Jjangu Seokjin’s hand then runs off toward the kitchen. He follows his dog and finds his wife washing the dishes.

 

“Mr. Kim, you’re home early.”  Dhelcee says as she continues to wash the dishes without looking back.  She feels Jjangu rubs his nose on her right leg.  Suddenly, she feels two arms wrap around her waist and a weight put on her left shoulder, “Jin, dinner is about ready. I’m just cleaning up. Why don’t you get changed?” Seokjin rubs his nose into Dhelcee’s neck, “Aigoo! Jin!” She tries to move away but he firmly locks her in place.

 

“I need help getting changed. Please help me my angel?” He turns her around, “Please?” Seokjin pouts his lips out then makes kissy face in front of her, “Please?”

 

Dhelcee wipes her wet hands on the apron around her waist, “My big baby is so helpless without me.” Seokjin continues to pout and she places both hands on his cheeks and squeezes his face, “I love you Baby Jin!”

 

Seokjin grins as he takes her hands away from his face, “We will have Jin junior coming soon right?” He winks at her then turns to his left and sees the food prepared on the counter. His wife actually finished making dinner and just needed to set it on the table. “Let’s hurry and get me changed so we can feed junior who might be hungry now.” He pats Dhelcee’s stomach.

 

“Yah!” Dhelcee slaps Seokjin’s hand away from her stomach, “How sure are you that I’m pregnant? You know that not always on the first try every woman gets pregnant?” She takes his hand and intertwines it with hers. They both head up stairs to their bedroom. While walking, “Let’s just not expect too much in our first month. I don’t want to get too excited then our excitement gets shot down. We’ll find out soon enough.”

 

Seokjin nods, “I’m sorry if I’m too excited for our future child. I just can’t wait to be a father. We’ll have the most beautiful child ever with my good looks and yours everyone will think he’s an angel.” He loosens his neck tie as Dhelcee s his shirt.

 

“What if our first child is a girl? You have to keep your mind open for ‘just in case’, my only big baby.” She finishes ing the last button and helps him remove his shirt, “I don’t think I need to help you shower do I?” She taps his chest.

 

“I want you to come help me. Please Mrs. Kim?” Seokjin tugs on Dhelcee’s hand toward their bathroom but she resists.

 

“You’re a big boy now. You can shower alone. I’m going to set the table.” Dhelcee pulls her hand away from Seokjin.

 

He pouts, “But…”

 

Dhelcee folds her arms across her chest, “You wanted to be a ‘Daddy’ so you have to start acting like one. Once our real baby comes you can’t have me helping you shower.” She winks at him as she walks out their bedroom leaving him pouting in front of the bathroom door.

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

 

Dhelcee places the last dish on their dining table, “I hope he likes this new dish I made.” She smiles.

 

The phone rings by the kitchen area.  Dhelcee quickly runs toward the kitchen and picks up the phone, “Hello?”  Her facial expression changes into so many emotions within the five minutes she is on the phone remaining silent as she listens. 

 

Seokjin finds his face with tears in her eyes as he walks into the kitchen when he did not find her at the dining table, “What’s wrong?” He immediately hugs her, “D? Why are you crying?” The tears won’t stop flowing down her cheeks as he wipes them away.

 

Dhelcee slowly hands the phone to Seokjin, “They want to talk to you about your brother…”

 

Seokjin takes the phone and presses his ear into the phone. He feels Dhelcee hug him and buries her face into his chest, “Hello?”

 

“Is this Kim Seokjin?”

 

“Yes it is. Is there something wrong? Why is my wife crying right now?”  Seokjin could feel his shirt getting wet and could still here his wife crying.

 

“My name is Attorney Yang Min-jun.  I am your older brother’s private family attorney. I am very sorry to bring this news to you but your brother passed away two hours ago along with his wife and family friends who were in the car with them. The car was a total wreck and no one survived. I am really sorry for your loss.”

 

Seokjin felt his heart dropped and suddenly he feels numb.  He just saw his brother three weeks ago at his wedding.  He cannot believe the news he is hearing, “What about my nephew, Taehyung?  Where is he?”

 

“He was at the hospital were your brother and sister-in-law was taken to but he was quickly taken into custody and put into an orphanage before he could even see his parents' bodies.”

 

“Why would they take him away from his parents?” For the first time Seokjin felt anger inside of him.  If he was Taehyung he would want to be by his parents’ side even if they were cold bodies.  Let the boy find some peace in seeing his parents and not be taken away like that. “I think that it is rude of them to take him away from his parents’ like that dead or alive they are still his parents.”

 

Dhelcee noticed the tone of Seokjin’s voice changed. She began rubbing comforting circles on his back and she continued his conversation with the attorney on the phone.

 

“It is part of protocol for orphan children to be taken into custody immediately. He could not be left alone since he is a minor and there was no relative to temporarily watch him. And this is the reason why I called not only to inform you the bad news of your older brother’s death but also to take Taehyung from the orphanage. Your brother and sister-in-law appointed you to be his legal guardian if any tragedy would happen to them they wanted Taehyung to be under your care.”

 

“I was not aware of that I would be Taehyung’s guardian. My brother never informed me that he made a will. Of course, I’ll take in my nephew.  I’ll go get him now if I have to. Where is this orphanage? And what papers do I need to sign? I want to take him out of their immediately and bring him to his parents.”  Seokjin is trying his best to hold back his tears building up in his eyes. He remembers when their parents died from a tragic accident too.  He was also Taehyung’s age but lucky for him he had his brother to take care of him.  His brother sacrificed a lot to take care of him and he would do the same for his son.  But first he wants his nephew to get out of the orphanage right away.

 

“Let’s meet at the orphanage. I’ll text you the address and I’ll bring the documents for you to sign so you can take Taehyung home.”

 

“Thank you Attorney Yang. We’ll be on our way.” Seokjin hangs up the phone and places it on the counter. He wraps his arms around Dhelcee and begins to cry his heart out to her, “My hyung is dead…”

 

“He said they did not suffer from the accident. I’m so sorry for your loss Jin…my love…we’ll take good care of Tae Tae.” She hugs Seokjin tighter and lets him cry.

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

“Jimin?”

 

A young teenage boy has back against the wall staring up at the window a few feet away from him.  The moon light is the only light illuminating the room. He slowly turns his head toward the voice, “Tae, it hurts so much…”

 

Taehyung remains on the single bed as he looks down at his best friend since they were babies.  Their parents had been friends before they were even born and now they both lost their parents from a car accident.  They were supposed to be with them but Taehyung suddenly had changed his mind and wanted to play video games at home instead of going out for dinner with their parents.  Now, he wished he was in that car with them.  “Why did they have to go?  We could have eaten dinner at our house like we usually do but….”  His voice cracks and tears start leaking from the corner of his eyes.

 

Jimin’s eyes too starts to tear up again from his earlier crying fit and now it’s back, “None of my relatives will take me in.  You heard the social worker call my relatives. They cannot afford to take care of me. I’ll be left behind here and you have your uncle that will take you.  You’re also going to leave me.” He covers his arms over his knees and cries even harder.

 

I won’t allow you to be alone, Jimin.  I’ll do my best for us to stay together. Best friends forever until the end. We’re brothers. Taehyung gets off the bed and sits beside Jimin, “You’re my brother. Wherever I go you go to.”

 

“That’s impossible, Tae.” Jimin still has his face covered in his arms and continues to cry even harder.

 

It is possible Jimin. You just wait and see. Taehyung pats his best friend’s back as he silently cries beside him.