Hello Neighbor

FAMILY LIFE WITH THE KIM’S

CHAPTER 5

 

“Jjangu!” Dhelcee shakes her head as she sees Jjangu giving Taehyung a hard time in holding him. He keeps trying to run off and tugging Taehyung’s arm forward so many times that Dhelcee is afraid his shoulder might come off. “Tae, I’ll take him.” She holds her hand out for Taehyung to give her the leash.

 

“It’s okay Dhelcee noona. I think I’m getting the hang of controlling hyper Jjangu.” He gives Dhelcee a cheeky square smile.

 

Jimin on the other hand is walking a few steps ahead of them looking left and right. From Dhelcee’s observation since they left the house it really looks like he is trying to memorize their neighborhood, “Jimin?”

 

He still continues to walk but turns his whole body around to look at Dhelcee. Jimin is now walking backwards, “Yes noona?”

 

“Are you okay? You seem so focused on our neighborhood here.” Dhelcee laughs when Jjangu pulls Taehyung passed Jimin and breaks for a run.

 

“The neighborhood here is very nice and um…It seems like no one goes outdoors here.” Jimin continues to walk backwards to talk to Dhelcee.

 

“I guess everyone is busy with their daily lives. I only know Jungkook being one of the young teens in our neighborhood so far but I’m sure there are other teens and children around here.” Dhelcee suddenly covers when she saw Jimin crash into another person who just walked out of their house gate.

 

Jimin stumbled and fell backwards on top of the person. The person cries out in slight pain and tries pushing Jimin away.  Dhelcee quickly goes up to them, “Oh my gosh!” She pulls Jimin up and then pulls the young girl off the ground, “I’m so sorry!”

 

The young girl looks at Dhelcee with teary eyes, “I’m fine but Unnie why are you apologizing?” She tilts her head at her then looks at Jimin.

 

Jimin immediately does a 90 degree bow, “I am truly sorry for falling on you and hurting you in the process. Please forgive me.” He remains in that position waiting for her reply. His cheeks are burning red in embarrassment.

 

“Apology accepted. Please watch where you’re going next time um..” The young girl looks back at Dhelcee, “Sorry, but I don’t know your names.”

 

Jimin returns to standing posture, “My name is Park Jimin. Again, I sincerely apologize for hurting you.” He gives a sad apologetic smile to the young girl, “What’s your name?” He notices she looks about his age but maybe younger and she’s petite. He wants to bang his head on the wall for falling on top of a petite cute girl like her. What was that? What did I just think of?

 

“I’m Haneul.” The young petite girl politely bows at Dhelcee then to Jimin. “Unnie what’s your name? Are you two siblings?” She asked curiously.

 

Dhelcee smiles at Haneul, “My name is Dhelcee and Jimin is my adopted son.”

 

Haneul eyes widen, “Um, aren’t you too young to adopt a son that is a teen? Don’t people your age adopt babies?”

 

Jimin laughed at how cute Haneul asked those questions. Haneul glared at Jimin and he stopped laughing and covered his mouth.

 

“Haneul, it’s quite a long story to explain. You can always visit our home down over there.” Dhelcee points toward where their house is located just a few houses down from where they are standing at.

 

Haneul smile brighten, “Omo, you guys are the new neighbors that moved in 3 weeks ago to that great architecture home! It would be an honor to enter your home. I have to ask my parent’s permission and I can’t go alone.”

 

“Haneul!” A voice yells from inside the gate. Another young girl who looks a little bit older than Haneul appears at the front entrance gate, “Haneul, get back inside. We need to get in the car or else we’ll be late for school.” The teenage girl realized Jimin and Dhelcee’s presence. “I’m so sorry for yelling but my little sister and I need to go to school.”

 

Dhelcee waves her hand, “We understand, don’t worry about it. Haneul you should follow your unnie inside. It was nice meeting you and…”

 

“I’m Candy but my Korean name is Bo Rah. We lived in the U.S. when we were younger and that was my English name. I really didn’t want to change it but I rather be called Candy here in Korea.” Candy puts her arm around Haneul and starts guiding her back inside, “We really need to go. Maybe we can visit you guys sometime. Where do you live unnie?”

 

“Right over there.” Again Dhelcee points to their house, “I’m Kim Dhelcee and this is Park Jimin my adopted son. It would be nice to meet your parents too. What’s your family surname?”

 

“Lee.” Candy smiled and bowed at Dhelcee and Jimin, “It was nice meeting you Mrs. Kim. We’ll see you soon. Bye.” She slightly pushes Haneul through the entrance.

 

Haneul stops midway to turn back to look at them, “It was nice meeting you two! I’ll definitely visit!” She and Candy both disappear back into their gate. The gate door closes shut.

 

A few minutes later a black SUV exits the Lee’s residence and drives off the opposite direction from where Jimin and Dhelcee were standing at.  Jimin then covers his face with his hands, “That was so embarrassing noona!”

 

Dhelcee stifles her laughter and turns around to look where Taehyung and Jjangu disappeared to. They were nowhere in sight, “Embarrassing things happens all the time. After it passes we get over it. Now, come along we need to find my missing nephew and dog.” She turns back to Jimin and grabs his arm, “Come now and stop thinking about it.”

 

Jimin let’s Dhelcee drag him while they search for Taehyung. In his mind he cannot believe he embarrassed himself in front of a girl like that especially a girl as cute as Haneul. She has a nice smile and that glare she gave him he thought it was cute too. Abruptly he stopped walking making Dhelcee stumble a bit. Stop it Park Jimin. No crushes. Priority is to graduate high school and go to college. No distraction.

 

“Jimin! Why did you stop so suddenly?” Dhelcee releases her grip on his arm and notices his blank face. She waves her hand in front of him, “Calling Jimin back to Earth!”

 

Taehyung appears beside Dhelcee with Jjangu barking at Jimin breaking him out of his trance of shock. Dhelcee takes the leash from Taehyung, “How far did Jjangu take you?”

 

“What’s wrong with Jimin?” Taehyung looks at Jimin briefly then looks back at his aunt, “Not far noona. He’s so hyper I had to carry him back and the put him down when I saw you guys.” He looks back at Jimin, “You saw a girl didn’t you!”

 

Jimin quickly covered Taehyung’s mouth, “Don’t say that!”

 

Dhelcee laughed at Jimin whose face is tomato red, “You are 16 years old. Why are you two acting like your 5 years olds with a school girl crush?”

 

Taehyung moved Jimin’s hand away from his mouth, “He has this belief about finding his true love that he will marry. He doesn’t believe in dating just for the heck of it. But first he wants to finish school and one day he will meet his ‘soul mate’.” Taehyung quickly hides behind Dhelcee before Jimin could grab him.

 

“Why did you tell her that?” Jimin was trying to grab Taehyung who keeps dodging him from behind Dhelcee.

 

“Yah! You two! Stop it right now!” Dhelcee grabbed Jimin’s arm that has a hold of Taehyung’s shirt collar, “We are going to the convenience store a few blocks from here to get us some Melona ice cream then we’ll head back to the house and discuss about house rules and curfews.”

 

Jimin releases his grip on Taehyung’s shirt. Taehyung stuck his tongue out at Jimin, “My auntie loves me to protect me from you.” He laughs.

 

“Oh be quiet. You’ll get it when we get home.” Jimin gives an evil grin at Taehyung who suddenly gulps, “Noona, I’ll hold the leash of Jjangu and you lead the way.”

 

Taehyung sulks behind Jimin as they continue their walk. Jimin is going to sit on me with his big and fart. Crap, I do not want to smell that.

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

 

Seokjin is at an important meeting in Big Hit Entertainment. His attention is divided with their meeting and about his family. He is worried what he will do next with the boys. Although Dhelcee reassured him that they will do fine taking care of the boys it still bothered him for some reason.  He really hopes he does not disappoint his wife and the boys.

 

For him this is a test if he will be a good father to his and Dhelcee’s future children. He snaps out of his thoughts and continues to listen to their company meeting.

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

 

Dhelcee, Taehyung and Jimin reached the convenience store in ten minutes since they left the Lee’s resident home.  Jimin stayed outside with Jjangu while Dhelcee and Taehyung entered the convenience store to get some ice cream.  Dhelcee grabbed 10 pieces of Melona ice cream.

 

“Noona? Why are we getting so many?” Taehyung asks as Dhelcee hands him all the ice cream pieces.

 

“So we don’t have to walk back.” Dhelcee contemplates while looking down at the Melona ice cream. “We might as well get a lot, maybe another 10 more.” She piles some more into the basket Taehyung is holding.

 

After paying for all the ice creams Dhelcee hands each one to Jimin and Taehyung to start eating as they head back to their house. While walking back Dhelcee ate about 5 of the Melona ice cream which shocked Taehyung and Jimin.

 

Dhelcee told the boys to take Jjangu out in the yard while she goes up stares to lie down for a bit.  Jimin puts all the ice cream in the freezer while Taehyung let’s Jjangu free to run outside.  He then sat next to Jimin on the living room couch.

 

“I hope Dhelcee noona did not get ill from eating that much ice cream.” Taehyung said in a worrisome tone of voice.

 

“Same here.” Jimin looks down at his feet and thinks of Haneul’s face flash in his mind. He quickly shakes that image from his head, “Let’s go into our room so you can receive your punishment.”

 

“We can stay here and wait for noona to come down.”  Taehyung hugs a throw pillow from the couch.

 

“I can always do the punishment here Tae Tae. Dhelcee noona won’t hear a thing…” Jimin has an evil grin on his face as he moves closer to Taehyung.

 

“I beg you! No punishment! Please!”  Taehyung begs as he inches away from Jimin.

 

“No can do buddy.” Jimin is standing in front of Taehyung, “You better not move or else I’ll have to do it again.” He laughs out loud and so does Taehyung punishment begins.