Strange Day

FAMILY LIFE WITH THE KIM’S

CHAPTER 6

 

 

Taehyung was standing outside in the yard taking deep breaths. Jimin was laughing his off inside as he watches Taehyung breath in fresh air from the fart bomb he did on his face.  He stopped laughing when Haneul’s face appears in his mind. His face is blank when Dhelcee reached the bottom of the stair case.

 

Dhelcee’s nose scrunches, “Jimin, oh my gosh! What is that smell?”  She walks closer to him when he did not turn his head, “Hey?” She shook his shoulder which brought him back to reality. He gives Dhelcee a big smile.

 

“Sorry noona, I just got lost in my train of thoughts.” Jimin looks forward to look back at Taehyung.

 

Dhelcee too looks in the same direction as Jimin, “Why is he out there? And what did you two do in here?” She covers her nose. The whole living room really smells like rotten eggs. Dhelcee felt like gagging because of how bad it was.

 

Jimin starts laughing again, “I…I…” He could not speak properly from his hysterical laughter.

 

Dhelcee walked away from the laughing teen and grabbed an air freshener from inside the guest’s restroom. She began spraying all over the living room area, “I will make it rule number 1 not for you boys to fart in the living room area. You guys can do that in your own room.” She continues to spray while covering her nose.

 

Jimin laughs even harder.  Taehyung finally emerges back inside the living room area along with Jjangu who followed behind him. Taehyung smiles in relief when he smelled the area was fresh without any evidence of Jimin’s stench.  He quickly runs to Dhelcee and gives her a hug, “Please don’t leave me alone with him.”

 

“Rule number 1 starts today. No farting in the living room, dining area or kitchen. Only in your room.” She pats Taehyung’s head to comfort him.

 

Taehyung pouts and shakes his head, “Please add no farting in our room too.”

 

Dhelcee felt bad for her nephew, “Okay, no farting in your room. I will only allow it in your private bathroom and if I smell your room like what I smelt earlier. Oh, you will be in big trouble from me.” She pointedly looks at Jimin who now stopped laughing at Dhelcee’s serious tone of voice.

 

“Sorry noona. It won’t happen again. I’ll behave.” He raises both his hands up.

 

“Good!” She smiles, “I’ll go cook us some lunch.”

 

“We’ll help you noona!” Taehyung removes his arms from Dhelcee and grins, “Jimin and I are great helpers in the kitchen!”

 

Jimin rolls his eyes. He’s asking for trouble. We’ll ruin our lunch if he helps out. He stands up and follows Dhelcee and Taehyung into the kitchen.

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

 

Surprisingly, the boys did not make a disaster in the kitchen while helping Dhelcee make their lunch. They actually learned a lot of stuffs from their noona. Taehyung whispered to Jimin when Dhelcee was away from them that they should make a simple dish for the newlywed couple in the next few days. Taehyung and he will brain storm what dish they should make for them.

 

 

The boys set up their dining table and put all the silverwares out. Jimin helped Dhelcee carry their dishes they prepared and placed them on the table. Once everyone has taken their seats Dhelcee said a simple prayer before they ate their lunch. While eating Dhelcee noticed Taehyung constantly nudging Jimin with his elbow and she asks, “What’s wrong Tae Tae?”

 

Taehyung stopped nudging Jimin, “We’re just playing. I have a habit of bugging Jimin when we sit together.” He grins.

 

Dhelcee shook her head. Aigoo, these teen boys. I guess I have to get used to their crazy antics.

 

The three of them continue eating their lunch quietly with a few small talks about the neighborhood and when Jungkook will get off from school.  Half way through their lunch the front door opens. Jimin and Taehyung turn their head around to look who entered while Jjangu runs toward the front door.

 

Dhelcee stands up, “Hun, what are you doing here?”

 

Seokjin kneels down and pets Jjangu, “I live here of course. Am I not welcome anymore to my own home?” He places his suit case down and walks toward them at the dining table.

 

Dhelcee walks around the dining table and stands in front of him, “Is something wrong?”

 

Seokjin embraces Dhelcee, “Nothing is wrong.” He puts a hand behind Dhelcee’s head so her head is listening to his heart, “I’m on my lunch break then I’ll go back to the office. I came to check on you and the boys.” He turns his head and looks at Taehyung and Jimin.

 

Taehyung gives his uncle his square smile and Jimin also smiles at Seokjin.

 

“Have you two been good to her?” He looks down at Dhelcee who has her eyes closed and noticed she was inhaling his scent, “Hun?”

 

 

She opens her eyes, “Yeah?” She looks up at him.

 

“Are you okay? You look kind of pale?” He asked worriedly.

 

Jimin jumps into their conversation, “She didn’t feel well earlier when she ate so many Melona ice creams before lunch time.”  Taehyung nodded in agreement.

 

Seokjin slightly pulls Dhelcee away from him, “How many did you eat?”

 

She pouts, “Only five.”

 

Seokjin’s eyes widen, “Five?!”

 

Dhelcee crosses her arms, “It’s not like I ate ten. I feel fine now. I just had a little tummy ache. And see I was able to eat lunch with the boys.” She gestures toward the table then returns her arms back to crossing.

 

Seokjin shakes his head, “As long as you’re not sick right now then I’m okay. Please don’t worry me like that.” He pulls Dhelcee into a hug but she does not hug back.

 

“I’m not sick Jin…” She mumbles against his shoulder then slightly looks up at him, “They’ve seen the neighborhood and we met two nice young teens a few houses down from where we live. Their names are Lee Haneul and Lee Candy.  One of these days we will meet their parents and they think our house looks very nice and modern too. I think I’ll like them how I like Jungkook.” Dhelcee places a chaste kiss on Seokjin’s lips before pulling him to take a seat and join them for lunch.

 

Jimin’s mind went blank again when Dhelcee mentioned Haneul’s name.  Taehyung had to nudge him to get his attention, “Let’s go back to eating.”

 

“Uh…” Jimin scratches the back of his head, “Oh yeah. Eat.”

 

Taehyung chuckles at Jimin. This guy has a crush on our neighbor.

 

Seokjin only stayed for about twenty minutes and had to leave already for work. He hugged Dhelcee and swayed her back and forth in his arms. Jimin and Taehyung stared at each other and thought that the two really loves skinship. Taehyung told his uncle they were just going to go to the backyard. The younger teens wanted to give the couple their privacy.

 

“D? I feel like something is not right in this picture.” Seokjin whispers into Dhelcee’s ear while still hugging her.

 

“What do you mean by that hun?” She continues to listen to his heart, “We’re perfectly fine.  The boys are well-behaved.”

 

Seokjin sighs then kisses the top of Dhelcee’s head, “I guess it’s just hard thinking that my older brother isn’t here to watch his son grow up to be a great young man. And I miss my hyung.” He hugs Dhelcee tighter in his arms.

 

“It’s okay to miss him. I bet it’s even harder for Taehyung that his parents’ are both gone but he still puts a smile on his face for us. We must be strong for him and Jimin.” Dhelcee places her chin on his chest and looks up at him, “You’re going to be a great father figure to the both of them.”

 

“You have so much confidence in me that I’m afraid to disappoint you.” Seokjin stares at her with worry.

 

“No matter what you do, you’ll never disappoint me. Life is a learning process. Nothing is permanent or perfect in this world. So who am I to be disappointed in you? I love you Jin for who you are. Why do you think I married you?” Dhelcee smiles at him.

 

Seokjin grins, “Because of my good looks?”

 

Dhelcee pulls away from his embrace and lightly pushes his chest, “That’s just a bonus you dork.”

 

Seokjin pulls Dhelcee back into their hugging position, “I wish every day is like this for us two. But we have two teens to take care of. Let’s do our best in taking care of them.”

 

“We can still have this.” She hugs him tighter, “The boys again like your looks are a bonus to us.”  Dhelcee turns her head and looks at Jimin and Taehyung out in the yard doing crazy poses with their cellphone camera. “I think this house will be very lively with those two.”

 

Seokjin turns his head to also look at the boys, “Yup, the house will never be quiet.” He pulls Dhelcee slightly away and gives her a soft kiss on her lips, “I’ll see you at dinner. Please don’t eat anymore Melona ice cream before dinner time?”

 

Dhelcee pouts, “Fine, I won’t. Drive safely.” She hugs him one more time before he walks out the front entrance.  After Seokjin left she felt a wave of sadness.  Dhelcee’s eyes turns teary and she quickly wipes them away but they won’t stop.

 

Taehyung is the first to enter back in the house, “Noona?” He rushes to her side and touches her shoulder, “Why are you crying?”

 

Jimin is also on the other side of Dhelcee. She turns to hug Taehyung and Jimin gives Taehyung a confused look at why Dhelcee is crying.

 

“I miss him already.” Dhelcee cries out.

 

Taehyung does not know what to say to that. 

 

Jimin rubs Dhelcee’s back, “It’s okay noona…umm Uncle Jin will be back in a few hours.” He still looks at Taehyung with an unsure look in how to handle their crying noona.

 

Dhelcee pulls away from Taehyung and wipes her tears. She tries to calm herself down from crying, “I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I know he’ll be back later…” She covers her face.

 

Taehyung pats her shoulder, “Maybe you should just rest noona. We’ll just be in our room and finish unpacking our stuffs. When you’re ready to talk to us we’ll be in the room.”

 

Dhelcee removes her hands from her face, “Okay…I’m sorry if we haven’t done much today. But Jungkook will be stopping over in a couple hours from school…He usually comes straight here from school. If I’m still sleeping please let him in. He knows his way around the house and you guys can ask him about school.”

 

Taehyung and Jimin follow Dhelcee up to the second floor and part ways to their rooms.

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

 

While in the master bedroom Dhelcee is lying on the bed hugging Seokjin’s pillow and sniffing his scent. What is wrong with me? She closes her eyes and falls asleep.

 

Meanwhile, in the other room Jimin and Taehyung are slowly unpacking their clothes from their luggage and placing them in their closet.  Surprisingly, the two were quiet.  Both of them now feel the weight of reality that this is their new home. 

 

No more parents. 

 

No more home.

 

It’s just the two of them left alone in this world.

 

The gloominess atmosphere started to bother Taehyung after half an hour has passed, “We’re both sad but let’s make our parents not worry about us. I bet they’re watching over us and will be sad to see if we’re acting all sad.” He looks up at the ceiling, “Mom? Dad? I won’t be sad. I’ll be a good nephew to Uncle Jin and we won’t burden him and Dhelcee noona. I’ll always remember you guys in here.” He points at his head then his heart, “And in here too. I love you Mom and Dad.” He looks back at Jimin, “It’s nice if we talk to them out loud to release our sad feeling.”

 

Jimin was shy to do what Taehyung did and just shook his head, “I’m fine.”

 

“You can always do that when you’re alone. It’ll help us both.” Taehyung goes to his bed and lays down, “I have a million questions to ask Jungkook about the school he’s attending that we’ll be attending too.”

 

Jimin puts his last of his clothes in the closet and joins Taehyung. He sits beside him on his bed, “I’m curious about our new school.”

 

Taehyung sits up, “I bet you’re more curious if our neighbors goes to the same school that we’ll be attending.” He smirks.

 

Jimin grabs Taehyung’s pillow and smacks him, “Shut up!”

 

Suddenly they hear the doorbell ring. They both jump off the bed and run towards the intercom on the second floor. They see Jungkook’s smiling face on the screen. Taehyung presses the button, “Hi Jungkook!”  Jungkook waves at the camera. Jimin presses the button to unlock the door gate entrance.

 

Both of the boys go down the stairs quietly making sure not to wake up Dhelcee. They reached the bottom of the stare case just in time to see Jungkook walk in the front entrance.

 

Jungkook gives each of the boys’ high-fives, “I’m so happy to be here. Where’s Dhelcee noona?” He looks around.

 

Jimin waves his hand to get his attention back to them, “She’s resting. She wasn’t feeling good earlier but told us to let you in if she’s still resting.”

 

Taehyung stands beside Jungkook, “Woah, we’re about the same height.”

 

Jimin frowns, “Stop with the height Tae.”  He turns around and starts heading back upstairs.

 

Taehyung chuckles and he follows behind Jimin. Jungkook follows the two boys up to their room.  Once they’re in the room. Jungkook puts his backpack by their door. He sits down between Taehyung and Jimin’s bed, “It’s nice that you guys are occupying this room.  I used to use this room as a study area when I come over.”

 

Jimin tilts his head, “You come here this often?”

 

Jungkook stretches his legs out, “Yup. My parents don’t mind. As long as I come home before 9 pm then I’m good.  Dhelcee noona doesn’t stay at her work office very long. She’s usually home when I arrive here. She does some of her work at home.”

 

Taehyung looks down at Jungkook, “Do you have a crush on my auntie?”

 

Jungkook’s eyes widen then he bursts into a laughing fit.  Jimin and Taehyung are looking at him like he’s a crazy person. Once Jungkook finally calmed down he answers Taehyung’s question, “Of course not! I think of her as a real older sister that I never had. She’s such a caring noona that I wished I had one like her. It being an only child with busy parents.” He looks at his feet sadly for a brief moment then smiles up at them, “But I’m happy they moved next door to my house and I’m even more happy that you guys are here too. I won’t be as lonely. Maybe I should ask Dhelcee noona to adopt me too like how they adopted you Jimin.” He looks at Jimin.

 

Jimin throws a pillow at Jungkook which he catches, “Your parents are alive. They’ll be mad at you for abandoning them.”

 

Jungkooks laughs, “I was just kidding.  But I’m free as a bird to do whatever I want so in a way I’m like part of this family too. I’m part of the Kim’s residence.”

 

Taehyung lies sideway on his bed, “Is the school you’re attending a co-ed school?”

 

Jungkook places Jimin’s pillow behind his head and lies on the carpeted floor, “Yup.”

 

“Do you know those two girls who live a couple houses down from us? The Lee’s family? Haneul and Candy I think are their names.”  Taehyung asks with a smirk on his face while Jimin glares at him.

 

Jungkook sits up, “It’s actually Candy noona. She’s a year older than me and Haneul I believe is a year younger than us. But yes I’ve seen them around my school and also around the neighborhood. My parents’ actually knows their family. Sometimes we have family get together. Maybe we’ll have one soon since you guys moved here. I’ll ask my parents about setting up one!”

 

Jimin grabs another pillow and throws it at Taehyung who is now laughing. Jungkook looks at the two and wonders why Taehyung is laughing from what he just said. He shrugs his shoulders and lay back down and allows the two to fight. Jimin is already on Taehyung’s bed wrestling him.

 

I am going to kill KIM TAEHYUNG! Jimin repeatedly says in his mind as he covers Taehyung’s face with his own pillow. Taehyung is strong so he’s really resisting Jimin’s strength over him and not letting him smother his face with the pillow.

 

The two were going at it for about ten minutes before Jungkook sat up, “Aren’t you two tired yet?”  When he said that Jimin throws Taehyung’s pillow at the floor and walks back to his bed and Jungkook laughed.  “Um, should we check on Dhelcee noona?”

 

Taehyung sits up, “She said she’ll come in here and check on us when she wakes up.”

 

Jungkook stands up, “What if she’s passed out in her room right now and we don’t know about it? Since you guys said she wasn’t feeling well.” He says worriedly.

 

When Jungkook said that both boys got worried too so the three of them walked out of the room and were now standing in front of the master bedroom.  Taehyung knocks a couple times, “Dhelcee noona? It’s us…”

 

No answer.

 

Jimin shrugs, “I think she’s really sleeping.”

 

Jungkook shakes his head, “She might be passed out.”

 

Jimin looks at him in disbelief, “What is going through that head of yours? If we enter inside without permission she’s going to kill us. Earlier she took a nap and we didn’t bother her. I think she’s sleeping again.”

 

Jungkook ignores what Jimin said and reaches for the door knob. Taehyung puts his hand over Jungkook, “Do you want to die young?”

 

“I have this strange feeling that something is wrong. The house feels like it’s telling me I should go inside.” Jungkook looks at the two others seriously.

 

Jimin shakes his head, “Don’t tell me you have supernatural powers?”

 

Jungkook shrugs his shoulders, “It’s a matter of life or death. I’ll take my chances just to make sure noona is okay. Please let go of my hand.”

 

Taehyung lets go of Jungkook’s hand, “We’ll wait out here and be quick.”

 

Jungkook opens the door and steps into the room. Quietly he walks around the small entrance way of the room and looks for Dhelcee, “NOONA!” He screams.

 

When he screamed the other two boys quickly enter the room. They find Jungkook holding Dhelcee’s head up on his lap trying to wake her up. She was on the floor unconscious. Taehyung and Jimin were in panic mode.

 

Taehyung stopped moving and pulled out his phone to call his uncle immediately.  While he was calling Dhelcee slowly gained conscious and looked at Jungkook with confusion.

 

“Why are you in my room?”

 

“Noona! You were unconscious on the floor and we don’t know for how long?! I think we need to take you to the hospital.” Jungkook keeps Dhelcee on the floor and tells her not to sit up.

 

Jimin was also by Jungkook’s side overlooking with concern written all over his face.  I hope she didn’t get food poison or something.

 

“Uncle Jin, I’ll call the ambulance now…” Taehyung continues his conversation on the phone with Seokjin.

 

When Dhelcee heard ‘ambulance’ she wanted to sit up but she felt very light headed, “What ambulance? Taehyung…I don’t need to go to the hospital. I just need to get back on my bed and rest. Oh my gosh!” She curls to her side as she feels a stabbing pain in her abdomen.

 

All three young teenage boys panic when they hear her scream in pain. 

 

“What do we do?”

 

“The ambulance will be here soon!”

 

“We need to do something now!”

 

“She’s in pain!”

 

Their voices were starting to fade away from what Dhelcee could comprehend before completely going unconscious.