Chapter 2 - Meeting

Halfway Through

 

Jong Kook quickly ran beside the girl and kneeled down to check on her. He scanned through her body to check for injuries, fractures or any complications that might need first aid treatment. When he was sure that there are no injuries that could lead to more serious injuries, he carried the girl in the back seat of his car.

He laid her down and straightened her body and placed his bag under her legs so that her legs are raised. She's wearing a long dress coat with a belt so he loosened the belt a little to help her breathe properly.

He heard a car approaching that's why he went to check the front of his car, preparing to leave. He saw the luggage lying down on the ground. It looks like it's the thing that hit his car. He picked it up with questions in his mind.

He went back in his car and drove off to his apartment in Seoul.

 

His parents gave him an apartment since they thought he'll be working in Seoul when he finishes his residency. They never thought he'll be staying there to work on his compositions and for running away.

What he never dreamed of is bringing an unconscious girl there, with wet clothes. He immediately thought of the trouble this could bring. What if someone sees me carrying this girl to my room. Aish that's a problem. I can't bring her to a hospital that's double trouble. And certainly not in a hotel. The apartment is the best place. I could say that she's a friend of mine, drunk. I'm a doctor, what could they possibly think of?

 

From the parking lot, he rode the elevator while carrying the girl and his bag. Luckily, his strength is enough since he's training his muscles. Some people wouldn't think of him as a doctor, but as a fitness trainer.

Adding more to his luck, he saw no one while sending her to his room.

He laid her down on his bed. He looked at her for a while and sighed. She looks like she's sleeping soundly rather than being in pain after being hit by a car. Maybe I didn't hit her. But why the hell did she faint? Aishh!

He scratched his head in annoyance and went to the bathroom to take a bath. His clothes are wet and soaked with rainwater. Then he realized, that girl is probably wet.

I will not change her clothes.

 

Jong Kook had always been shy when it comes to girls. If not, he would've had tons of girlfriends since a lot of ladies he encountered had fallen head over heels for him. He would have prospects among them, but he never made a move. He only had  2 girlfriends and both with the help of Gap Jin. 

Hyung, you will end up alone if you won't talk to them you know? Gap Jin would tell him.

After taking a bath, he wore his clothes and went back to the bedroom. He saw the girl again, sleeping. He almost forgot about her. He looked at her. How could she sleep so soundly? 

He examined her face and remembered the scrape on the right side of her forehead. He quickly cleaned the wound and applied a dressing. The scrape is as big as his thumb but he thought that it shouldn't hurt as much.

Her clothes were really wet. Aish my bed!

 

He remembered that he left her luggage in his car. He took the luggage and called for assistance to change her clothes. Ahh- she doesn't smell like she drunk a lot.

 

He took the alcohol in his cabinet in the apartment and lightly pressed a cloth, dipped in alcohol, on her face. Just then he had a clear view of her face. She's pretty, very angelic.

After having that thought he smiled. He brushed her hair that's covering her face away and stared at her. He stayed like that for a few minutes until someone pressed the room's doorbell.

 

He opened the door for the concierge and showed to her the room the girl was staying in.

"She drunk a lot today."

"Ahh ye. I'll take care of her."

"Ohh gomapda. Please let her wear comfortable clothes and try to clean her with a towel bath. The bathroom is over here." He showed to the concierge the location of the bathroom and gave her the girl's luggage.

"Ye."

"Kure. I'll be out here."

 

The concierge went out of the room after a few minutes.

"Ahh it's done?"

"Ye."

"Ohh kure kamsahamnida."

Both of them bowed at each other then the concierge left the room. Jong Kook peeked inside the room for a while and then closed the door and sat on the sofa. Soon enough, he was able to sleep.

 

 

Seong Im felt refreshed and relaxed. She cuddled the soft pillow beside her and pulled the blanket up to her head, while still closing her eyes after a deep sleep. She smiled as the rays of the morning sun shined through her face. The smell of food entered her nose and she inhaled deeply, making her stress and the pain she's feeling after her long walk under the heavy rain last night looking for a place to sleep. This is life. She then stretched her arms upward while still closing her eyes and enjoying the soft bed she's in. Wait, what?

 

She then came to her senses and quickly sat down with her eyes opened wide. She forgot about all the relaxing feeling and looked around her.

"Where am I?"

"Why is this place so nice?" She turned to her side and caught a scent of alcohol from her hair.

"Alco-what?" She removed the blanket and saw herself wearing different clothes.

"Pajamas! My pajamas. How? Clothes, yesterday..where are they?"

 

She stood up and looked for her clothes. She saw her luggage behind the bedside table. She opened it but she didn't see her clothes instead she saw the script she was memorizing last night and looked flustered again.

"Auditions!"

 

She looked for her phone inside her luggage and saw the time. 9:37. I still have 23 minutes. Wait. Where am I?

"Aish! Whatever!"

 

She took some clothes from her bag and changed into it. She tied her hair up in a bun and as she did, she felt something hurting on the right side of her forehead. She felt something bulky and when she took it off, she winced in pain. When the pain disappeared, she looked at the dressing she's holding and thought of what happened. She shrugged then threw everything back in her luggage and opened the door. She could hear someone cooking and she felt scared if she slept with that person last night. She shook her head and erased those thoughts. I don't feel anything different in my body. She took a deep breath and walked to the direction of the sound.

 

She was shocked to see a muscle man cooking. It looks weird to see him cook since his muscles are really huge. She was shocked when the man suddenly looked at her with a flustered yet handsome face.

"You-"

"W-where am I? Who are you? Why am I here? What happened? Did you- did we? I-"

"You're in Seongsu-dong."

"Seongsu..seong..SEONGSU-DONG??!! Seoul forest.."

 

Jong Kook nodded.

"Mwuh?"

"You fainted last night I brought you here since-"

"Fainted?" Jong Kook nodded again.

So that's why my forehead hurts.

 

"I kind of hit you with my car last night, good thing you didn't have any serious injury?"

"MWUH?" Wait if I was hit. Seong Im touched her forehead and felt the pain.

"Ahh don't touch it. It's still fresh."

"Andwae. I can't have this on my face. Is it huge? Is it noticeable? Andwae!!!"

"Ahh don't worry, it won't leave a scar you'll see it will be gone in a month or less."

 

Seong Im isn't minding what the guy is saying. She thought of her auditions and her last chance to be an actress.

"YA! YOU!"

 

Jong Kook was startled when the girl shouted at him. She looked angelic and kind last night while she was sleeping.

"Uhh-wae?"

"Wae?! Can't you see? You ruined my face! How can you drive when you don't know how? I'm going to report you to the police."

"Ahh wait, just as I said that won't leave a scar, the wound is not deep-"

"You know what this face is? Huh? This face is a face of a future yeo-bae-u(actress)! Yeobaeu. And look at what you did! Don't you know that actresses shouldn't-"

 

Seong Im stopped talking because the guy in front of her started laughing.

"Wae?" He still laughed wholeheartedly and started tapping the table since he can't contain his laughter.

"Ya!"

 

He took a deep breath and tried to look serious again. But some laugh still came out from him.

"Yeo-ehem-yeobaeu?" He straightened his face and stared at her while still smiling in between.

"Oh! Wae?" Seong Im said with a proud face her arms on her waist.

 

Jong Kook burst out a laugh again. And immediately stopped and looked at her again.

"Ahh, ani-nothing." He snorted.

"Aish, I'll be leaving."

"Ahh wait. You can eat here I can send you to where you have to go."

"I don't have time to eat. I have to be at the SBS Building at 10."

"10? SBS? That's like 1 hour away."

"I know."

"What? are you going for an audition or something?" He chuckled a little.

"Yes." She answered with a serious face.

 

He was shocked since she suddenly became serious. He felt bad for laughing at her. He cleared his throat and conditioned himself.

"I-I can send you there. I don't have anything to do and I also want to make up for what happened-"

"Ani, I just want to borrow money for the fare. I'll pay you back after the auditions."

"Borrow? I-I'll just send you there."

"Wai-"

 

 

She wasn't able to talk since he pulled her out of the room. They drove off to the SBS Building. They arrived by 10:50.

 

Seong Im ran inside the building but before she could enter, she saw the man, who helps her in finding roles for her, and ran to him.

 

Jong Kook, who was following behind, stopped after hearing the conversation between the two and seeing the disheartened girl in front of him, his heart broke.

 

 

 

SEONG IM'S OUTFIT WHEN JONG KOOK FOUND HER